Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

I'll also say that you are entitled to your opinion, so you can stop trolling.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pretty small sample size and both staffs (minus Lester) have struggled. I'll still take the Tigers staff in a 5 or 7 game series come October. Hopefully the Tigers can get there.
Sure it is, but it's all we have now, and the A's staff has been better.

I will say that Price's last start stung bad. 1 hitter and a loss. Maybe he made up for it last night by getting shelled by the Yankees to even the two starts out. No trolling here big guy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 06:13 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Yes, the A's have been better.

Quote:Yes, the A's have been better.
This I know.

;

Cool

How do rotations work in postseason?

O's take three of four from Tampa and move on to Minnesota. They've optioned Wei Yin Chen to the minors and have a seven game lead over NYY with 30 games remaining.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote::whistling:

I took a lot of heat for this earlier. The Brewers went through a rough stretch but it was foolish to think they were as bad as they were playing. They weren't as good as they started the season and weren't as bad as they were around the All Star break. The Brewers were lucky enough to have, essentially, a head start. This meant as long as they played .500 baseball (which is what kind of team they are), they would have enough of a cushion to still make the playoffs. That is not the definition of a team that "fell off".

That was my point before and it got drilled by Trav and Rico. Will either have the integrity to own up to it? I'd be surprised.
No. My point with you was your ridiculous version of 'falling off'. I pretty much ignored your post after that because you wanted to write it off as 'semantics'. Sorry. I can't include a clever little emoticon since I'm on my phone.

Oh lord. I didn't even see your second post. Please do show me where I EVER said they'd COMPLETELY fallen off.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:How do rotations work in postseason?

This year for Detroit it will look like:

Game 1: Scherzer

Game 2: Price

Game 3: Sanchez or Verlander

Game 4: Scherzer

Game 5: Price

7 game series

Game 1: Scherzer

Game 2: Price

Game 3: Sanchez

Game 4: Verlander

Game 5: Scherzer

Game 6: Price

Game 7: Sanchez or Verlander

Verlander absolutely dominated the A's last post-season, so I wonder if they'd trust him again this year despite his underwhelming season.

Quote:No. My point with you was your ridiculous version of 'falling off'. I pretty much ignored your post after that because you wanted to write it off as 'semantics'. Sorry. I can't include a clever little emoticon since I'm on my phone.

Oh lord. I didn't even see your second post. Please do show me where I EVER said they'd COMPLETELY fallen off.

"I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off." - hailtoyourvictor

"They already have." - Rico

My definition of "falling off" was that they will stay in contention for a playoff spot. I never considered they would compete for the NL pennant because they aren't that good of a team. They are a .500 team that played out of minds to start the season and only needed to play .500 ball in the 2nd half to keep from "falling off".

They had a very cold stretch, but they haven't "fallen off".

Quote:A's rotation over Tigers. Holds truer now then weeks ago.

A's have been struggling with the bats since that Cespedes trade. It will be their downfall in the playoffs.....just like the Phillies when they became too starting pitching focused and neglected the lineup losses of Burrell & Werth. 

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 01:19 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Tigers have a huge doubleheader today in Chicago and could reclaim 1st place in the division with a couple of wins. Facing Sale this first game, though.

edit: As I type that, Ian Kinsler goes yard with a leadoff blast.

edit: As I type THAT.... VMart takes Sale yard with a 2 run blast and the Tigers jump out to a 3-0 start. WOW.

Victor Martinezis now 14 of 26 (.538) with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs against Sale. Not bad.

Tigers pitching continues to struggle

Raise it! The boys are playing well again.
;

Milwaukee really needs Gomez in their lineup otherwise they are going to fall out of contention. My fantasy team needs it, too.

Phillies with the combined no hitter today, Hamels went 6 but with 5 walks there was no way he was going to go the distance. 

Quote:"I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off." - hailtoyourvictor

"They already have." - Rico

My definition of "falling off" was that they will stay in contention for a playoff spot. I never considered they would compete for the NL pennant because they aren't that good of a team. They are a .500 team that played out of minds to start the season and only needed to play .500 ball in the 2nd half to keep from "falling off".

They had a very cold stretch, but they haven't "fallen off".

Quote:<div>
Never said they weren't falling. I said I don't see them falling off. Falling off means completely out of contention, trade-deadline sellers, etc. They were obviously falling off the #2 in the National League perch, but I don't see the Brewers competing with the Cubs for cellar-dwellar. The Brewers aren't THAT bad. They are a ~.500 team that was playing over their head.
</div>

You really shouldn't contradict yourself in the same thread.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

O-R-I-O-L-E-S