Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:I hope you've managed to catch a drink on the patio of the Royal Hawaiian.

It's just down the beach.  My wife and I strolled past it last night.  Unfortunately, because of the homeless situation, I was joking with my wife that this place ought to be named Waipeepee Beach.  Even the area around the Royal Hawaiian smelled like a dirty urinal.  All up and down the beach it smells like it.  It actually seems they are marking their territory.  It's worse than when I was here 3 years ago.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's just down the beach.  My wife and I strolled past it last night.  Unfortunately, because of the homeless situation, I was joking with my wife that this place ought to be named Waipeepee Beach.  Even the area around the Royal Hawaiian smelled like a dirty urinal.  All up and down the beach it smells like it.  It actually seems they are marking their territory.  It's worse than when I was here 3 years ago.

Gross! I didn't realize that there was such a big homeless problem over there.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:It's just down the beach.  My wife and I strolled past it last night.  Unfortunately, because of the homeless situation, I was joking with my wife that this place ought to be named Waipeepee Beach.  Even the area around the Royal Hawaiian smelled like a dirty urinal.  All up and down the beach it smells like it.  It actually seems they are marking their territory.  It's worse than when I was here 3 years ago.

I stayed in the same area just last year and never noticed a thing.

I was really grateful that we had a mild summer this year in the city. When it gets in the upper eighties or warmer, the urine smell at most train stations and several side streets can reach gag-reflex inducing levels. 

I was gone most of July and we only a had a few sweltering days in August.  It's 66 degrees outside at the moment. I'm putting on a long sleeve shirt to walk the dog! 

Quote:I stayed in the same area just last year and never noticed a thing.

I think it's been exasperated by the heat. The moderate Hawaiian temps and cool breezes have been absent. Quite frankly it feels like Florida here right now with warm wind and high humidity.

Quote:Gross! I didn't realize that there was such a big homeless problem over there.

The mayor just announced a campaign to crackdown on the homeless. It's gotten to the point that tourists from everywhere are complaining about how bad it is. There's rumor that other states give homeless a one way ticket to Honolulu to alleviate their problem.

I can't get the last song that I heard, getting out if the car, out of my head.

"You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day. Tried to run. Tried to hide. Break on through to the other side. Break on through to the other side. Break on through to the other side, yeah"
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Good news everybody: Only 5 more days till I get paid! With a 1.2% raise this time. Good times. 

Over two years since I graduated but I still enjoy telling people that. 

Quote:I can't get the last song that I heard, getting out if the car, out of my head.

"You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day. Tried to run. Tried to hide. Break on through to the other side. Break on through to the other side. Break on through to the other side, yeah"
Maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I can't get the last song that I heard, getting out if the car, out of my head.

I find if you hum the Sesame Street theme song to yourself that it will get rid of any lingering music stuck in your head! Of course you are then stuck with Sesame Street stuck in your head... But who doesn't love that show?? :woot:

Quote:Good news everybody: Only 5 more days till I get paid! With a 1.2% raise this time. Good times. 

Over two years since I graduated but I still enjoy telling people that. 

I'll be taking a 20% pay cut this year, most likely.

Quote:The mayor just announced a campaign to crackdown on the homeless. It's gotten to the point that tourists from everywhere are complaining about how bad it is. There's rumor that other states give homeless a one way ticket to Honolulu to alleviate their problem.

I thought it was Hawaii giving the one way tickets to alleviate. Regardless, if you were homeless, why would you leave Hawaii?

Quote:I thought it was Hawaii giving the one way tickets to alleviate. Regardless, if you were homeless, why would you leave Hawaii?

A free trip to Bora Bora!

Quote:A free trip to Bora Bora!

I think they will only send you mainland.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/31/hawa...-of-state/

Quote:I find if you hum the Sesame Street theme song to yourself that it will get rid of any lingering music stuck in your head! Of course you are then stuck with Sesame Street stuck in your head... But who doesn't love that show?? :woot:
I just drank a lot of beer and fell asleep at my desk.

My boss didn't seem to notice. He actually asked me to come in for a 'special meeting' later.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Just saw on channel 4 that there are 2,325 Billionaires in the world.

We all knew shad was loaded but, when you look at that number and see just how exclusive that club is it makes me saw WOW.

Avg billionaire age: 63

286 of them are women

25% are American.

...I'm not one of them Sad

Quote:Just saw on channel 4 that there are 2,325 Billionaires in the world.

We all knew shad was loaded but, when you look at that number and see just how exclusive that club is it makes me saw WOW.

Avg billionaire age: 63

286 of them are women

25% are American.

...I'm not one of them Sad

I would've guessed fewer than that actually.

Also, I'm not one of them either  :no:

Quote:I'll be taking a 20% pay cut this year, most likely.
You should come work in a free country. If you're college educated you could probably get serious tax breaks as well. 

Quote:I thought it was Hawaii giving the one way tickets to alleviate. Regardless, if you were homeless, why would you leave Hawaii?

I think it's a game of hot potatoe.

Quote:You should come work in a free country. If you're college educated you could probably get serious tax breaks as well.

Y'all grow a lot of grapes over there?