Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Thanksgiving is coming up! Great food and "great company" (depending on your relatives). I for one will have some pretty good company and I hope all of you do as well. I was getting excited about thanksgiving dinner. Then I realized, I don't really care about the main part of the dinner one bit. Turkey? Blah! Save the money and just make the sides!!! Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes ( those yams or sweet potatoes whatever they go by can kiss my behind), cresants or other rolls... Mmmmm. My favorite part is the family getting together and the above mentioned sides less those orange wanna be potato crud. What is your favorite part of thanksgiving?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Flying to San Fran today? :whistling:

Just because I'm 'pointing' west doesn't mean I'm headed (was that a pun?) in that direction.

Quote:I'm very, very "right" if you know what I mean. So most of the west coast esp. San Fran I consider weird.

San Francisco is a very cool place, literally and figuratively.  And beautiful too.  I don't know if you've ever been there but a person would have to be pretty uptight not to enjoy it.  You don't sound that way.  

Quote:Thanksgiving is coming up! Great food and "great company" (depending on your relatives). I for one will have some pretty good company and I hope all of you do as well. I was getting excited about thanksgiving dinner. Then I realized, I don't really care about the main part of the dinner one bit. Turkey? Blah! Save the money and just make the sides!!! Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes ( those yams or sweet potatoes whatever they go by can kiss my behind), cresants or other rolls... Mmmmm. My favorite part is the family getting together and the above mentioned sides less those orange wanna be potato crud. What is your favorite part of thanksgiving?

The big bottle(s) of Muscatel wine I drink while cooking.   Smile

I'm not a yam/sweet potato fan either.

Quote:San Francisco is a very cool place, literally and figuratively. And beautiful too. I don't know if you've ever been there but a person would have to be pretty uptight not to enjoy it. You don't sound that way.
Lol. I can be uptight at times but generally very laid back. I have never been to San Francisco so I probably shouldn't speak of the matter but have seen very little that makes me want to go there. Although Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge would be nice to see. Haight & ashbury, I could go without. I'd love to go out west and see more of the deserts and northwestern areas. My wife's company is all Mississippi and east so a transfer for her out west is never going to happen. But what I've seen it looks absolutely amazing. Maybe the grass just looks greener but I wouldn't mind seeing for myself.

Quote:The big bottle(s) of Muscatel wine I drink while cooking.   Smile

I'm not a yam/sweet potato fan either.
A lot of my wife's family doesn't drink so we feel a lil awkward being the only ones drinking wine. Perhaps if I get my hands on some white lightning we could have a proper shindig with them hillbillies. I mean beloved family of hers.

Quote:Thanksgiving is coming up! Great food and "great company" (depending on your relatives). I for one will have some pretty good company and I hope all of you do as well. I was getting excited about thanksgiving dinner. Then I realized, I don't really care about the main part of the dinner one bit. Turkey? Blah! Save the money and just make the sides!!! Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes ( those yams or sweet potatoes whatever they go by can kiss my behind), cresants or other rolls... Mmmmm. My favorite part is the family getting together and the above mentioned sides less those orange wanna be potato crud. What is your favorite part of thanksgiving?

I love turkey and cornbread stuffing, throw in some mashed taters and gravy and a little cranberries and I'm in holiday heaven!!! Love

My mother makes a sweet potato casserole with pecans on top...it's very yummy!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Can't quote right now cause my 50 down is acting a fool up in here, up in here, but to the bunny of the beaches... I did toss in the mashed taters. Gravy ought to be a given. Cranberries...? Nah! But hey jack. If you like 'em. Go fer it! Can't forget the football games on that day either!!!! Sometimes that's the best way to deal with in-laws.

Did a practice turkey on the bgg for thanksgiving.

It...

sUCKED!!!! Very dry!!! Gotta learn how to grill/smoke all over again. Worse case scenario, I guess we can drink and not eat thanksgiving dinner.

Quote:Did a practice turkey on the bgg for thanksgiving.

It...

sUCKED!!!! Very dry!!! Gotta learn how to grill/smoke all over again. Worse case scenario, I guess we can drink and not eat thanksgiving dinner.

The first year my hubby got his smoker he decided to smoke the turkey for thanksgiving. I thought we might want to get another turkey and cook it in the oven just in case something happened...thank god I did!! The smoked turkey was done four hours after everyone went home that night!!!! He's WAY better at using the smoker now!!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Can't quote right now cause my 50 down is acting a fool up in here, up in here, but to the bunny of the beaches... I did toss in the mashed taters. Gravy ought to be a given. Cranberries...? Nah! But hey jack. If you like 'em. Go fer it! Can't forget the football games on that day either!!!! Sometimes that's the best way to deal with in-laws.

I love making mini sandwiches with the left over rolls using turkey and a little cranberry jelly!!! It's my son and mines favorite treat!!

Quote:The first year my hubby got his smoker he decided to smoke the turkey for thanksgiving. I thought we might want to get another turkey and cook it in the oven just in case something happened...thank god I did!! The smoked turkey was done four hours after everyone went home that night!!!! He's WAY better at using the smoker now!!! :thumbsup:

Here's my problem. I can grill whatever you want no problem, but my parents buy the the best thing available( and I don't know why) and I am just having a hard time figuring it out. I have a thermometer that tells me the temp of the dome and the temp of the food. What can possibly go wrong??? And t tells me the temps from fifty yards away!!! Well, apparently something went wrong. I'll figure it out. My mm is going o come over next weekend with a turkey breast for more, "Practice" bless heart, but I'll take whatever help I get before the clampets, I mean my wife's family comes over

Quote:Here's my problem. I can grill whatever you want no problem, but my parents buy the the best thing available( and I don't know why) and I am just having a hard time figuring it out. I have a thermometer that tells me the temp of the dome and the temp of the food. What can possibly go wrong??? And t tells me the temps from fifty yards away!!! Well, apparently something went wrong. I'll figure it out. My mm is going o come over next weekend with a turkey breast for more, "Practice" bless her heart. Not necessary, but I'll take whatever help I get before the clampets, I mean my wife's family comes over

Just keep practicing...that's all you can go. Of course you'll be sick of turkey by the time the big day gets here!! Lol

Quote:Just keep practicing...that's all you can go. Of course you'll be sick of turkey by the time the big day gets here!! Lol
Yeah I've already figured that out. Mom did suggest doing some small chickens which may help. I just don't know how it it much different now jta time know the exact temp of the do w and grill

Stupid iPad screw this post. It won't say what I moon, want it to say.

Lost in the dangling conversation, and the superficial sighs...are the borders of our lives. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Lost in the dangling conversation, and the superficial sighs...are the borders of our lives.

~Jack Handy

Quote:~Jack Handy

Bah. I am disappointed in you.

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:~Jack Handy
Paul Simon.

Quote:Bah. I am disappointed in you.

I wasn't trying to name the quote! Big Grin

Just realized I'm going to miss my second regular season home game ever. We decided to drive up to PA the weekend of the last home game. Oh well.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]