Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Don't you have some kind of mercy evening where you're allowed to eat some nice high calorie food? That's how I manage; diet through the week, beer and chips on Friday or Saturday evening.

Once I hit the goal and just want to 'maintain', that is what I plan to do. Getting damn close now. I've been depriving myself of beer as well. Made a switch to whiskey and Diet Coke, which has worked out pretty well.

It's also helped that my wife is on some crazy diet, so I've been able to keep the junk out of the house because she was/is as bad a culprit as me as buying stuff and bringing it home.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Once I hit the goal and just want to 'maintain', that is what I plan to do. Getting damn close now. I've been depriving myself of beer as well. Made a switch to whiskey and Diet Coke, which has worked out pretty well.

It's also helped that my wife is on some crazy diet, so I've been able to keep the junk out of the house because she was/is as bad a culprit as me as buying stuff and bringing it home.

Crazy diet? She has to sacrifice chickens at dusk or something?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Crazy diet? She has to sacrifice chickens at dusk or something?

Oh no never at dusk it takes way to long to skin em and clean em! Nothing smells worse then a dead chicken unclean in the morning!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Oh no never at dusk it takes way to long to skin em and clean em! Nothing smells worse then a dead chicken unclean in the morning!

Women Rolleyes

Quote:Women Rolleyes

Well my wife she helps me butcher and clean our poultry, she just has to look away at the initial cut it still bothers her. Other then that she's a champ with the skinning and cleaning.

Don't you mean "plucking".....

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Oh no never at dusk it takes way to long to skin em and clean em! Nothing smells worse then a dead chicken unclean in the morning!

Well duh...he said CRAZY diet. Men... Sheesh!! Tongue

Quote:Women Rolleyes

Like you've ever "plucked" anything in your life... :teehee:

Quote:Don't you mean "plucking".....

No I skin them, we don't eat the skin. You can pluck them but it's a pain to get the little hairs off the skin so I just skin them.

Quote:Like you've ever "plucked" anything in your life... :teehee:

Have you ever been "plucked" Bchbunnie? Or do you just do the "plucking"?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Have you ever been "plucked" Bchbunnie? Or do you just do the "plucking"?

Do my eyebrows count?

Quote:Do my eyebrows count?

Everything that can be "plucked" counts.

So I take that as a yes.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015, 08:34 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Crazy diet? She has to sacrifice chickens at dusk or something?

Crazy, meaning she has to eat very specific items and count calories exactly.  She has to weigh everything.  Then she uses all of these drops and ‘secret’ supplements.  And I’m sure it costs several hundred dollars.  But, hey, it’s her money.

My thing is, it was no great mystery why we weren’t losing weight with ice cream, and cookies, and all kinds of garbagey snacks in the house all the time.  But she had to go spend the money on her ultra-secret special diet.  Whatever…it’s kept all of the snacks out of the house.  I’m fine when they aren’t there.  But I’m sure as hell eating them when they are.

Oddly, I’ve lost more weight than her just by eating more sensibly and continuing to do my normal cardio.  Go figure.

Quote:Crazy, meaning she has to eat very specific items and count calories exactly.  She has to weigh everything.  Then she uses all of these drops and ‘secret’ supplements.  And I’m sure it costs several hundred dollars.  But, hey, it’s her money.

My thing is, it was no great mystery why we weren’t losing weight with ice cream, and cookies, and all kinds of garbagey snacks in the house all the time.  But she had to go spend the money on her ultra-secret special diet.  Whatever…it’s kept all of the snacks out of the house.  I’m fine when they aren’t there.  But I’m sure as hell eating them when they are.

Oddly, I’ve lost more weight than her just by eating more sensibly and continuing to do my normal cardio.  Go figure.

^^^ this is so true, I'm fine if we keep the snacks out of the house but as soon as the wife brings them in I'm done for.

Now fried chicken that is my Achilles heal.

Quote:Crazy, meaning she has to eat very specific items and count calories exactly.  She has to weigh everything.  Then she uses all of these drops and ‘secret’ supplements.  And I’m sure it costs several hundred dollars.  But, hey, it’s her money.

Some people like to go through a "process" to lose weight. My SIL is like that, she's done them all...high carb, low carb you name it. If it costs money she's on board! Eat less and exercise more is a foreign concept to her because it doesn't cost anything extra!! Lol

Quote:^^^ this is so true, I'm fine if we keep the snacks out of the house but as soon as the wife brings them in I'm done for.

Now fried chicken that is my Achilles heal.

Other than ice cream, I'm not a big dessert eater. My big problem was/is overeating at meals.

But ice cream...I can eat an ungodly amount of ice cream. And when that Publix Premium is BOGO (like this week) I've had a hard time showing restraint. And I believe I've mentioned this before...for a store brand, that Publix Premium is some damn good ice cream.

Quote:Some people like to go through a "process" to lose weight. My SIL is like that, she's done them all...high carb, low carb you name it. If it costs money she's on board! Eat less and exercise more is a foreign concept to her because it doesn't cost anything extra!! Lol

I think some people just need the 'structure' as well.

Quote:I think some people just need the 'structure' as well.

That is very true too.

Quote:Other than ice cream, I'm not a big dessert eater. My big problem was/is overeating at meals.

But ice cream...I can eat an ungodly amount of ice cream. And when that Publix Premium is BOGO (like this week) I've had a hard time showing restraint. And I believe I've mentioned this before...for a store brand, that Publix Premium is some damn good ice cream.

I hate sweets, I don't eat chocolate haven't had any in over 20 years hate the stuff, I hate cake we order pizza for my birthday, I'm lactose intolerant so I don't each cheese or dairy products, I drink to much beer, eat to much meat (especially fired chicken) and love Doritos (they are my crack).

I'm at the point now I'm just not bringing home any chips, I haven't figured out what to do about the chicken, I'm going to have to experiment with other ways to cook it.

Quote: 

I haven't figured out what to do about the chicken, I'm going to have to experiment with other ways to cook it.

Try my Old Bay Chicken....... Get some skinless breast filets, coat liberally in Old Bay seasoning and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Good Eatin

[Image: review.jpg]