Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Deacon if it makes you feel better, I'm having a teeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrible summer too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At an average of 11,000 steps a day. Assuming I miss one day per week walking (which I haven't), I've walked approximately 25,905,000 in the mornings since 1/1/2008.

I'm not sure what that means other than the explanation of why I got through so many running shoes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

And this tidbit from my "Weird Trivia" book that my daughter got me for my last birthday:

The toilet stall closest to the door is 60% more likely to be the cleanest since most people want privacy when "seated".

Quote:Deacon if it makes you feel better, I'm having a teeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrible summer too.

Yeah, this isn't a contest that I wanted to have.... :confused:

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

My pre-stitch wound from my pet encounter on Saturday.  Arrow is where I have the couple of sutures.

[Image: 2qxrcw4.jpg]

Quote:My pre-stitch wound from my pet encounter on Saturday. Arrow is where I have the couple of sutures.

That's pretty gross. Almost as gross as that Lipton Sparkling Iced Tea I just had. Tasted like a non alcoholic malt liquor.. Very disgusting.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:And this tidbit from my "Weird Trivia" book that my daughter got me for my last birthday:

The toilet stall closest to the door is 60% more likely to be the cleanest since most people want privacy when "seated".

That's so true I always end up in the last stall
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:My pre-stitch wound from my pet encounter on Saturday.  Arrow is where I have the couple of sutures.

They decided that needed stitches? It doesn't look that bad to me.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 11:44 PM by EricC85.)

So the boss is leaving for vacation the same week my head tech is on vacation, had to fire my assistant manager for no call no shows 5 out of 6 working days last week, and my third general tech smacks his head on a jeep side rail goes to the doctor three days later and gets muscle relaxers now he's out for a week. Damn

Quote:So the boss is leaving for vacation the same week my head tech is on vacation, had to fire my assistant manager for no call no shows 5 out of 6 working days last week, and my third general tech smacks his head on a jeep side rail goes to the doctor three days later and gets muscle relaxers now he's out for a week. Damn

No call no show 5/6?

What about the 6th? Did he offer any explanation? That's nuts.

Quote:So the boss is leaving for vacation the same week my head tech is on vacation, had to fire my assistant manager for no call no shows 5 out of 6 working days last week, and my third general tech smacks his head on a jeep side rail goes to the doctor three days later and gets muscle relaxers now he's out for a week. Damn

Muscle relaxers for a head injury? Yeah...that seems legitimate. :no:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:They decided that needed stitches? It doesn't look that bad to me.

Two in the bottom little piece because it had a 'flap' of skin.

Nothing that a couple of margaritas didn't fix right up. Smile

Quote:No call no show 5/6?

What about the 6th? Did he offer any explanation? That's nuts.

Oh he couldn't keep his story straight. First his dad in Ocala got hurt then he didn't show up to call for the first two days, called on the third and told us what was going on. Shows up on day 4 and then starts crying saying his grandmother just died. Reluctantly sent him home told him to call me, again nothing for 2 days. On the third day calls to say he's in Connecticut at the funeral not knowing his mother called me asking where he was already to which I said as far as I knew he was with her at a funeral in Connecticut?

Quote:Muscle relaxers for a head injury? Yeah...that seems legitimate. :no:

That's what I said and now his phone is not accepting calls. Seems like I'm going To have to clean house. Ugh I'm missing my little 3 man shop right now.

That's why I'm a 1 man operation most of the time. I DO have another partner that gets work when I don't have any but that about it

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Oh he couldn't keep his story straight. First his dad in Ocala got hurt then he didn't show up to call for the first two days, called on the third and told us what was going on. Shows up on day 4 and then starts crying saying his grandmother just died. Reluctantly sent him home told him to call me, again nothing for 2 days. On the third day calls to say he's in Connecticut at the funeral not knowing his mother called me asking where he was already to which I said as far as I knew he was with her at a funeral in Connecticut?

Yep, definitely sounds a little fishy.

I just bought a new car.

I don't have to go around saying "it's a jeep thing" now do I?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I just bought a new car.

Then you didn't buy a "car".... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I just bought a new car.

You do have to give the signal to other Jeep owners... and congrats!

Mind me asking which model?

Quote:Then you didn't buy a "car".... :whistling:

Well it isn't a truck!

At least, I don't think it's a truck.

Hey! Is a jeep a truck?