Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

4 more days!

It's been a trying year for me, can't wait to finish the crop out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:4 more days!

What's left to do?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:What's left to do?

I have the last block on the ground right now.

I'll have a sample tested for moisture in the morning, and if they're as dry as I think they are we'll pick them up tomorrow and box them as we go.

If there's enough moisture left in them, we'll roll them and then box them a day or two later. Then I stack the bins up and call the truck driver for delivery.

Then I don't sleep for a few days as I wait for my raisins to be graded haha.

Then I send Bchbunnie her raisin basket Smile

Quote:I have the last block on the ground right now.

I'll have a sample tested for moisture in the morning, and if they're as dry as I think they are we'll pick them up tomorrow and box them as we go.

If there's enough moisture left in them, we'll roll them and then box them a day or two later. Then I stack the bins up and call the truck driver for delivery.

Then I don't sleep for a few days as I wait for my raisins to be graded haha.

Then I send Bchbunnie her raisin basket Smile

I'm sorry that I don't like raisins. Sad

Quote:I'm sorry that I don't like raisins. Sad

I'm just giving you a hard time. I actually don't care much for grapes or raisins haha.

Quote:I'm just giving you a hard time. I actually don't care much for grapes or raisins haha.

As long as you pre-package mine in oatmeal cookies....I'll take them.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm just giving you a hard time. I actually don't care much for grapes or raisins haha.

So you're only in to growing them for all the women and glory you get from it? :woot:

Quote:4 more days!

Hope you finish this out with a bang man!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:So you're only in to growing them for all the women and glory you get from it? :woot:

I'd laugh if there wasn't such a thing as Farmers.com haha. Seriously though, I love the growing aspect of producing something you can be proud of. I'm sure you feel the same way when you due a particularly nice job with one of your pieces. That being said, I'd move to a nut crop in a heartbeat but that field just produces too damn well. It would take like 15 years to make up the money lost pulling them out and waiting for trees to grow into production.

Quote:Hope you finish this out with a bang man!

Thanks Deacon! Xanax and coffee this morning, breakfast of champions haha.

Takes the edge off!

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'd laugh if there wasn't such a thing as Farmers.com haha. Seriously though, I love the growing aspect of producing something you can be proud of. I'm sure you feel the same way when you due a particularly nice job with one of your pieces. That being said, I'd move to a nut crop in a heartbeat but that field just produces too damn well. It would take like 15 years to make up the money lost pulling them out and waiting for trees to grow into production.

Thanks Deacon! Xanax and coffee this morning, breakfast of champions haha.

I swear, the first time I saw that commercial I thought it was a joke!! :blink:

Quote:I swear, the first time I saw that commercial I thought it was a joke!! :blink:

Wait, you mean it's not?!?!

Quote:Wait, you mean it's not?!?!

I know, right????

Quote:I swear, the first time I saw that commercial I thought it was a joke!! :blink:

FWIW, I get a lot of jokes thrown my way because of it haha.

I can't imagine there's enough demand for farm boys to necessitate a whole web site. In my experience we are kinda hard to put up with Smile

Quote:FWIW, I get a lot of jokes thrown my way because of it haha.

I can't imagine there's enough demand for farm boys to necessitate a whole web site. In my experience we are kinda hard to put up with Smile

It's definitely a very specific niche market, for sure!!

Quote:FWIW, I get a lot of jokes thrown my way because of it haha.

Keep in mind you have rednecks like me that have 5 acres and think they're some kind of farmer. Id bet most of that site isn't filled with professionals farmers either.

If I could do anything full time id do potatoes, they grow easy enough and the climate here makes it a long season for them.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I own 39 acres (i always round up to 40 when I tell people though).  I have five acres cleared out and the rest is Loblolly pine.  When I bought the property five years ago I mentioned how I would finish the fence and buy livestock, but five years later and there is post standing where I last left them.   It would be different if farming was my main occupation, but I do know tons of Farming website blogs you can log into for help.

I had kielbasa and baked beans for dinner last night and a six-pack while drafting my fantasy team.

I'm thinking I've found a new way to keep people from coming over to my desk and bugging me to do stuff.

Quote:I had kielbasa and baked beans for dinner last night and a six-pack while drafting my fantasy team.

I'm thinking I've found a new way to keep people from coming over to my desk and bugging me to do stuff.

A mushroom cloud of funk emanating from the area will do that!

Quote:A mushroom cloud of funk emanating from the area will do that!

I don't know what you are referring to.