Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 07:04 PM by Jinjo.)

^^ lolololol

Edit: of course i get bumped to the next page. But saying Foles > Teddy is beyond asinine. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:^^ lolololol

Edit: of course i get bumped to the next page. But saying Foles > Teddy is beyond asinine. 

Also take into account the team he coaches. They share a stadium with the Eagles of course he's gonna talk up the local guy over the college guy that he plays against. 

This coach is 1-8. I don't care what qb he prefers.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">Five NFL executives polled by NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believe South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney's dip in production is only a minor concern.

"Minor concern," one executive said. "His tape is good. Ignore the dip in production. He impacts the game in a drastic way. My only concern is his makeup. We'll get more answers in that area after we meet with him and do all of our background work." As we have been saying, Clowney's statistical production has dipped for a number of reasons, but in the grand scheme of things it does not matter. Disruption is production, even if it does not show up on a box score.

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><b>Source:</b> NFL.com
Nov 13 - 12:41 PM

</div>
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">I polled five NFL executives, each with more than 10 years of scouting experience, and asked them if Clowney was the best defender in college football they had seen over the last decade. Here are their answers:

Executive No. 1: Second to none
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Yes. I have him over Von Miller, (Ndamukong) Suh, (Darrelle) Revis and Mario Williams. He has size, speed, rare athletic ability, flexibility and explosion. He's a dominating player vs. the run and pass."

Executive No. 2: Slight edge over Super Mario
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"He's neck and neck with Mario Williams. There's no question that Clowney has created more buzz than any defensive player dating back to Charles Woodson. I guess I'll give Clowney the slight edge over Williams."

Executive No. 3: Only Suh comparable
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Yes. Only Suh is comparable. Clowney has everything including size and production. I knew he'd go No. 1 overall since his high school film was made public."

Executive No. 4: Clowney's a game-changer
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Hands down. Can you name a more dominant pass rusher in college during that time? I can't. He changes the game."

Executive No. 5: No one's perfect but ...
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"I don't think he's a perfect prospect, but he has rare size and speed. He's a little bit tight, but overall he's probably still the best defensive player during that period of time."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"><b>Verdict:</b> All five executives agreed that Clowney was the best defensive player they had seen in college football over the last decade.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ast-decade

</div>

Like I've said, I want Teddy, but it's hard for me to say I'd be unhappy with Clowney.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Why is this still a thread?
Yes indeed. Teddy Bridgewater all day every day. It's not even close. 

This is the year we can get our pass rusher and QB for the future. Take Cowney and I think you can get a QB at the top of the 2nd who can be just as good as the guys at the top of the 1st, the gap isn't that big in the Qb's. There is a big difference for Clowney and Barr to the next passrushers

Quote:This is the year we can get our pass rusher and QB for the future. Take Cowney and I think you can get a QB at the top of the 2nd who can be just as good as the guys at the top of the 1st, the gap isn't that big in the Qb's. There is a big difference for Clowney and Barr to the next passrushers

Sure, Caldwell can do that.  But he picks the wrong Quarterback, then he'll be looking for a job again very soon.  And we'll still be looking for a Quarterback.  But hey, at least we'll have a pass rush.  At least until Clowney decides to leave Jacksonville for a contender.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Idiotic to compare Foles who has thrown 10 tds in the last 2 games when Bridgewater has yet to play an NFL down on top of the fact he does everything that he says Foles does.

Ill take Bridgewater please, Clowney will not achieve his potential in the NFL, Bridgewater will be a franchise/elite qb somewhere and Clowney would be complaining about money

Quote:Idiotic to compare Foles who has thrown 10 tds in the last 2 games when Bridgewater has yet to play an NFL down on top of the fact he does everything that he says Foles does.

Ill take Bridgewater please, Clowney will not achieve his potential in the NFL, Bridgewater will be a franchise/elite qb somewhere and Clowney would be complaining about money
[Image: clairvoyant-47307.gif]

Quote:[Image: clairvoyant-47307.gif]
Just watch and see

It's all about the quarterback.  Not a hard concept.

In fact I would make an $100 over under wager on clowneys stats for the next 5 years

Under 200 tackles

Under 40 Sacks

Under 60 Tackles for loss

Less than 10 forced fumbles

You guys are overestimating this guy

Quote:Also take into account the team he coaches. They share a stadium with the Eagles of course he's gonna talk up the local guy over the college guy that he plays against. 

Could not agree more. He's doing Foles and the Eagles a solid. I doubt you would find many NFL coaches who would honestly share his opinion.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:In fact I would make an $100 over under wager on clowneys stats for the next 5 years

Under 200 tackles

Under 40 Sacks

if you firmly believe this, and it doesnt happen, you should relinquish your message board posting privileges forever and retire from "scouting" players, since youre so adamant in your assessment, regardless if someone takes the bet or not.

Quote:if you firmly believe this, and it doesnt happen, you should relinquish your message board posting privileges forever and retire from "scouting" players, since youre so adamant in your assessment, regardless if someone takes the bet or not.
If I am right, you relinquish your posting privileges forever and you pay be $100 month after my prediction comes true plus 50% compounded interest every qtr of every year after that for 10 years.

Quote:If I am right, you relinquish your posting privileges forever and you pay be $100 month after my prediction comes true plus 50% compounded interest every qtr of every year after that for 10 years.
what, im not the one pretending to know the future. if you really believe it will happen with no doubt, bet against yourself. otherwise you just sound desperate with your long term bets.

Quote:In fact I would make an $100 over under wager on clowneys stats for the next 5 years

Under 200 tackles

Under 40 Sacks

we are? nearly every media "scout" has him in the top 3, most have him #1

he's having an off year, not sure why, but he was an absolute beast his first 2 years in the SEC

it would be foolish to think that he won't eclipse 40 sacks in 5 years

Under 200 tackles

Under 40 Sacks

C'mon now, no need for hyperbole.  

Aldon Smith has played just 36 games and already had 38 sacks.  

With the hype he's getting I'd expect him to have: (in 5 years)

70+ Sacks

10+ forced fumbles

300 + tackles

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:C'mon now, no need for hyperbole.  

Aldon Smith has played just 36 games and already had 38 sacks.  

With the hype he's getting I'd expect him to have: (in 5 years)

70+ Sacks

10+ forced fumbles

300 + tackles
You who Aldon Smith has to thank for those 38 sacks

Justin Smith, the man consumes double teams that allow aldon to run free

Clowney wont have to luxury as a 4-3 technique de

Unless he lands with a great d line he going to face double teams every play, he will be limited.

I question his mental make up as well

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 12:06 AM by Jinjo.)

Quote:You who Aldon Smith has to thank for those 38 sacks

Justin Smith, the man consumes double teams that allow aldon to run free

Clowney wont have to luxury as a 4-3 technique de

Unless he lands with a great d line he going to face double teams every play, he will be limited.

I question his mental make up as well

Everyone please stop this stupid narrative. He came from a family with no money and was still broke while making millions for his university. He saw what happened to Lattimore last year, that cost him tons of money. It will cost Easley a lot of money as well. 

He is considered by many people the best defensive prospect in the past 10 years, he has nothing to prove. People need to stop acting like if they were in his shoes, they would risk injury to be a "team first" player.