Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Can we change the thread title to Mariota vs Clowney? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Everyone please stop this stupid narrative. He came from a family with no money and was still broke while making millions for his university. He saw what happened to Lattimore last year, that cost him tons of money. It will cost Easley a lot of money as well. 

He is considered by many people the best defensive prospect in the past 10 years, he has nothing to prove. People need to stop acting like if they were in his shoes, they would risk injury to be a "team first" player.
In that case what he should have done was sit out for the year and train and prepare for the NFL draft.

No one sensible would have ridden him about that. But when you make a commitment to your teammates to play with them, the least you can do is fulfill that to your potential

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 10:56 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:Everyone please stop this stupid narrative. He came from a family with no money and was still broke while making millions for his university. He saw what happened to Lattimore last year, that cost him tons of money. It will cost Easley a lot of money as well. 

He is considered by many people the best defensive prospect in the past 10 years, he has nothing to prove. People need to stop acting like if they were in his shoes, they would risk injury to be a "team first" player.

Oh, please. This is ridiculous. Hundreds and hundreds of projected first-round picks in the past have given it their all despite knowing the financial impact of an injury.

Clowney was being criticized for taking plays off during his stellar sophomore season, too. This is simply the guy he is. His motor sucks.

Quote:Oh, please. This is ridiculous. Hundreds and hundreds of projected first-round picks in the past have given it their all despite knowing the financial impact of an injury.

Clowney was being criticized for taking plays off during his stellar sophomore season, too. This is simply the guy he is. His motor sucks.

It's true. Its just so frustrating with him, though, because when he is putting in effort, he's pretty much unlockable.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Unless he lands with a great d line he going to face double teams every play, he will be limited.

I question his mental make up as well

Nobody draws a double on every play and if he did he would severely limit opposing offenses

Quote:It's true. Its just so frustrating with him, though, because when he is putting in effort, he's pretty much unlockable.

Injury could be the issue I think he's having surgery after the season ends

Quote:Oh, please. This is ridiculous. Hundreds and hundreds of projected first-round picks in the past have given it their all despite knowing the financial impact of an injury.

So he was taking plays off, and still managed that stellar sophomore season? Why wouldn't you want him?

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 02:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:So he was taking plays off, and still managed that stellar sophomore season? Why wouldn't you want him?
Because he lacks self motivation?

Why would you want to pay a player millions and waste a top draft pick on a player who will only play when he wants to?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So he was taking plays off, and still managed that stellar sophomore season? Why wouldn't you want him?

If he takes plays off in the NFL, those stellar stats won't be so stellar when he's playing against 11 guys who made it in the NFL.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

You can excuse away his last season in college, but you'd be wise to not ignore it. I'd take both Bridgewater and Bar over him.

I want the guy who is going to be going 100% every snap

Uh...

Quote:Because he lacks self motivation?

Why would you want to pay a player millions and waste a top draft pick on a player who will only play when he wants to?

Just put him on a series of one year contracts, then he'll perform like every year is a contract year...because it will be.  :thumbsup:

Quote:Uh...

You people are delusional if you expect him to give 110% on every play all season long. He will be more successful than Bridgewater. Book it.

Quote:You people are delusional if you expect him to give 110% on every play all season long. He will be more successful than Bridgewater. Book it.
Quick heero...post a gif about telling the future. ...
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Quick heero...post a gif about telling the future. ...

2006 draft: would you rather have Mario Williams or Vince Young?

That's what I thought. Clowney is being described as the best defensive prospect since Williams, if not better than him. Bridgewater is a flash in the pan, and has yet to face any REAL competition.

I know, I know "but but but he beat Florida" and how well is Florida playing this year? They were obviously an over ranked team. The same can be said about TB. Over rated.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 05:40 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:2006 draft: would you rather have Mario Williams or Vince Young?

That's what I thought. Clowney is being described as the best defensive prospect since Williams, if not better than him. Bridgewater is a flash in the pan, and has yet to face any REAL competition.

I know, I know "but but but he beat Florida" and how well is Florida playing this year? They were obviously an over ranked team. The same can be said about TB. Over rated.
Mario Williams or Vince Young?  Neither tbh.  Mario Williams is no longer with the team he was drafted by.  And Vince Young is pretty much out of the league.  Still comparing Young to Bridgewater is kinda racist.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You can excuse away his last season in college, but you'd be wise to not ignore it. I'd take both Bridgewater and Bar over him.

Bar maybe. Bridgewater, no thanks.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 05:43 PM by CSTblank.)

Quote:Mario Williams or Vince Young? Neither tbh. Mario Williams is no longer with the team he was drafted by. And Vince Young is pretty much out of the league. Still comparing Young to Bridgewater is kinda racist.
What's racist is to assume I was making a comparison because they're both black. I was comparing them because they were both touted as the best QB in their respective classes. DE vs QB sort of debate. Give me Williams over Young, and Clowney over Bridgewater all day.

Edit: did you get equally offended by my comparing Williams and Clowney, because after all, they're both black.

Quote:I know, I know "but but but he beat Florida" and how well is Florida playing this year? They were obviously an over ranked team. The same can be said about TB. Over rated.

You realize this has nothing to do with anything right?