Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

You ever notice how easily some people's feelings get hurt on this board?

Kinda scary actually.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You never know what power words might have over a fragile mind.

I'm gonna hide in here for a little while...the main board is a scary place again!! :confused:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Yeah, I haven't had enough coffee to venture out onto the "main" board. I don't think I can handle all of the butt-hurt.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Yeah, I haven't had enough coffee to venture out onto the "main" board. I don't think I can handle all of the butt-hurt.

Don't do it!! There isn't enough coffee for that!!

Yep...I was right. I just went over there and now I'm just going to go sit in my closet and cry until I feel better! Sad

It really kind of amazes me how willing people are to display their lack of emotional maturity.

I just start calling people poopy-pants and throwing things until I get what I want.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:It really kind of amazes me how willing people are to display their lack of emotional maturity.

I just start calling people poopy-pants and throwing things until I get what I want.

I see you've graduated from throwing your poopy pants at people to get what you want, so this is an improvement!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 08:17 AM by RicoTx.)

Man, I don't know what's going on at work. People leaving in droves. Seems like somebody turns in a resignation every week. Maybe it's just normal turnover, but I never recall this in my 2.5 years here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Man, I don't know what's going on at work. People leaving in droves. Seems like somebody turns in a resignation every week. Maybe it's just normal turnover, but I never recall this in my 2.5 years here.

What kind of work do you do? I've posted several openings in recent months as we've expanded, and had about 300 applicants each time. I don't think the market is all that much stronger now, such that people would voluntarily give up steady work.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What I do is really irrelevant to the business I'm working. I'm a programmer so I can really go anywhere as long as I'm familiar with the software.

The company itself is in the transportation and freight industry, and I'd better leave it at that.

Quote:What I do is really irrelevant to the business I'm working. I'm a programmer so I can really go anywhere as long as I'm familiar with the software.

The company itself is in the transportation and freight industry, and I'd better leave it at that.

I'm in healthcare, so competition is pretty fierce for some jobs but not at for others. Not knowing freight, I would think that there are plenty of employers but narrow alternatives. You could move from UPS to FedEx, but it wouldn't really be that different, so not a lot of transitional stress.

We've got the same thing here except instead of resignations there are retirements galore. There's a lot of talent walking out the door and instantly becoming Contract workers.

Quote:We've got the same thing here except instead of resignations there are retirements galore. There's a lot of talent walking out the door and instantly becoming Contract workers.

Yeah, we've had our share of those recently as well. I know one of the issues is a personality clash, but I won't say much else 'cause there's people on here that know my 'secret identity'.

Employment is stable at my company.

Financial health is a whole other can of worms though.

I have to laugh at the skill of some of these recruiters.  I got an email with the following requirements in this exact order:

<p style="margin-left:.5in;">·

A SAS Programmer who can do some complex SAS programming.

Experience in SAS programming

Communicate really well.

Now I may be going out on a limb, but I would think if someone could do some complex SAS programming that they would have experience in SAS programming.

Quote:Now I may be going out on a limb, but I would think if someone could do some complex SAS programming that they would have experience in SAS programming.
Not too much to ask for I would say. They will have some trouble finding a programmer who communicates well.

Quote:Not too much to ask for I would say. They will have some trouble finding a programmer who communicates well.

Really well...

Quote:Really well...

With programmers that just means a different tone to their usual grunting. 

Quote:I have to laugh at the skill of some of these recruiters.  I got an email with the following requirements in this exact order:

·

A SAS Programmer who can do some complex SAS programming.

·

Experience in SAS programming

·

Communicate really well.

Now I may be going out on a limb, but I would think if someone could do some complex SAS programming that they would have experience in SAS programming.

Who can do some? Odd choice of words.