Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

Quote:So young players can only play in the first half?
If your halftime adjustments consist of adding sprinkles to the sundaes that everyone got before the game, they might as well not take the field after halftime.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alright my initial reaction was to be pissed off at everyone but now I have a different opinion.  The coaching staff put the team in a position to win the game so I am not upset with them.  I am upset with the players, mostly Myers, for leaving the W on the field.  The coaches can't win these games for the players.  Ultimately they have to be the ones to get over the hump and get this done.

DC is not the problem... It's Bradley

The talent is there, it's the lack of discipline and poor coaching on Bradley's part that is the problem

Quote:Sure does doesn't it?

Yep, it's deja vu all over again.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Alright my initial reaction was to be [BAD WORD REMOVED] off at everyone but now I have a different opinion.  The coaching staff put the team in a position to win the game so I am not upset with them.  I am upset with the players, mostly Myers, for leaving the W on the field.  The coaches can't win these games for the players.  Ultimately they have to be the ones to get over the hump and get this done.
How many idiotic penalties were there on both sides of the ball? 12 men on the freaking field? If a team is just being outplayed, that's one thing, but the Jaguars weren't. They had this game wrapped up with a ribbon several times, and boneheaded plays, stupid penalties, blown coverages or missed kicks ruined them all. Some of that is the players, sure, but most of it is that Bradley couldn't lead this team out of a paper bag if you cut a million holes in the thing.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="SpeedyG" data-cid="568945" data-time="1443996555">
<div>
And yet A-Rob, our #1 WR can't shake man-to-man coverage to make plays consistently against their top corner?

AR15 played great.  Go back an watch the game.  

yet, our #2 pick LT struggles to block against Robert Mathis?

LT had his problems, but how many sacks did he give up?  He played well...

our young rookie kicker, who we chose to keep over a veteran kicker (who may or may not be as good), can't make a FG to get us a win?

We gave up Scobee to get him, I think it was smart call.  Have you seen Scobee's success this year???  Dude, you're making stupid arguements.

our veteran center, can't snap a ball to our quarterback properly to preserve field position?

This I can argue,. but won't.  It was a bad play...  It wasn't the reason we lost.

our fastest and best cover LB, got spun like a top for what was essentially a game-ending catch by their TE?

We lost this game for alot of reasones, whatever play your are referring to I don't remember...

Go on, let's keep on believing that coaching alone prevented each of these guys from actually uh, winning their match-up against the guy lined-up opposite of them.

Yeah, it was all coaching, sorry.  But I don't think it's because we lack talent.  We have plenty of talent.  We have no coaching.

</div>
</blockquote>
Davis shut down ARob in the 2nd half, with the exception of that late off-balance throw/catch from Bortles. Hurns was more productive. And no surprise, he had a better invidual match-up than Robinson. We targeted ARob TWELVE times and he came down with four. This is your definition of playing "great"?

Luke didn't give up sack, but he gave up hurries that didnt turn to sack due to Blake's improvement in the pocket.

You don't remember Fleener's catch on their 2nd series of OT that put the ball on the 40? He was man-to-man vs. Telvin.

And then back to Myers and Wiz...my point in this argument is...

If Myers makes his kicks, we win. If Wiz doesn't have that costly bad-snap, maybe we win. If ARob catches 6 out of his 12, maybe we win. The point is, as a coach, there are times you scheme for a specific result. Sometimes though, your teams talent just makes plays.

You give Jimmy Smith single-coverage for an entire half? He'd eat that alive. Give that hole that TJ Yeldon got in the 2nd half to Fred and he takes it to the house. Josh and Hollis in their younger days nails that game winner.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Gus isn't a problem. I'm just not sold that DC's job should be safe either.

Quote:Davis shut down ARob in the 2nd half, with the exception of that late off-balance throw/catch from Bortles. Hurns was more productive. And no surprise, he had a better invidual match-up than Robinson. We targeted ARob TWELVE times and he came down with four. This is your definition of playing "great"?

Luke didn't give up sack, but he gave up hurries that didnt turn to sack due to Blake's improvement in the pocket.

You don't remember Fleener's catch on their 2nd series of OT that put the ball on the 40? He was man-to-man vs. Telvin.

And then back to Myers and Wiz...my point in this argument is...

If Myers makes his kicks, we win. If Wiz doesn't have that costly bad-snap, maybe we win. If ARob catches 6 out of his 12, maybe we win. The point is, as a coach, there are times you scheme for a specific result. Sometimes though, your teams talent just makes plays.

You give Jimmy Smith single-coverage for an entire half? He'd eat that alive. Give that hole that TJ Yeldon got in the 2nd half to Fred and he takes it to the house. Josh and Hollis in their younger days nails that game winner.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Gus isn't a problem. I'm just not sold that DC's job should be safe either.
Penalties crushed this team. Penalties are usually a sign of bad coaching.

Quote:DC is not the problem... It's Bradley

The talent is there, it's the lack of discipline and poor coaching on Bradley's part that is the problem

This. The defense was fine today. Bradley just couldn't get the offense prepared. Him and Olson just don't know what they are doing on offense. They are lost and clueless. You cant be victorious in this league if you are only good on one side of the ball. He needs to go and we need a coach who knows how to win. Not one who WANTS to win. One who KNOWS HOW to win.

Every team has a dumb play, a dumb penalty, missed tackle, blown assignment..etc every now and then.

We have all of them all of the time. Its directly on the coaching.

Quote:So young players can only play in the first half?

If that is all you got from my last post, then I'm not going to debate any further because clearly your agenda has you locked in on certain points.

Quote:If that is all you got from my last post, then I'm not going to debate any further because clearly your agenda has you locked in on certain points.

Bro, we should have won. The players are there. We were the better team and we should have won. We didn't because we we're out scheme and out coached.

Quote:As long as the team is not getting blown out every week, Gus gets the whole season. Right now at the quarter mark, he's probably on pace to get fired at the end of the season.

I'd be shocked if Caldwell is out anytime soon.
I'm going to revise this. If we're 1-6 then I can see Gus having a really long trip to London regardless of whether or not the games are competitive.  Also, if the offense continues to be completely impotent when (if) Thomas, Linder, Lee, and Robinson are back, then maybe Gus gets the early boot as well.

Quote:Penalties crushed this team. Penalties are usually a sign of bad coaching.

We were one of the least penalized team last season, with an even younger group than we have this season. This, in fact, was one of the few things that I could point to when it comes to the job that Gus was doing.

Quote:Wheres FBT to defend the Organization?
He never takes one side or the other.  He is good at criticizing others post but never makes an opinon of his own as to him looking follish in the future.  Coward.  I have yet to see him take a stance he just rides the fence.  Don't expect a clear answer.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Bro, we should have won. The players are there. We were the better team and we should have won. We didn't because we we're out scheme and out coached.
 You keep saying "the players are there" yet these players couldnt win their individual match-ups.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 06:46 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Bro, we should have won. The players are there. We were the better team and we should have won. We didn't because we we're out scheme and out coached.
On a couple of occasions, the commentators even said that the coaching staff had been using Clemons on an inside stunt all day, and even said which plays to expect it on. Sure enough, guess what happens? Is there no one who works for the team watching the broadcast? If so, are they unable to call the coaching box and say, "Guys, Adam Archuleta knows exactly what you're about to do. What makes you think Chuck Pagano doesn't?"

Heyyyyy Gus Bradley, come on down!!!!!!!!! We're bidding on a Rimowa Topas Titanium luggage set but... waiiiit there's more!!!!!!!!! A brand new car/bus, I mean greyhound ticket!!! Take a lovely trip down the I 10 corridor to nowhere, over 170 stops along the way, featuring dumptrucks and dumpster fires everywhere (de ja vu). Take a lovely stay at the local salvation army considering that the cardboard sign ' I used to coach for Jax' does not appeal to anyone on an interstate or thoroughfare. Furthermore, you can dine on the hearts and souls of fellow Jaguar's fans as if your coaching attributes weren't enough.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I'm not a Gus fan, so keep that in mind as you read this. As bad as things seem at the moment, (and that loss to Indy and the way it happened does indeed suck...) let me ask a question; who would you replace Gus with that ya'll think you could guarantee would do better than Gus who is actually available and would be willing to come here?

I suggest that we put the fire Gus vibe on the back burner for a little longer; at least until we can no longer reach 6-10. That means that the moment... the very moment... we hit 7 losses Gus should be given his walking papers and we let someone else finish the season as an interim HC. I personally consider the hiring of a rookie HC to have been a bad idea given we had very little veteran player experience to help all the new rookies come along. That is/was just too much inexperience on the field at the same time. But... this was Caldwell's call... and Khan's too, for that matter. Maybe instead of shucking out all that money on swimming pools and a big billboard/scoreboard he should've invested those big bucks into enticing  a big name coach with playoff experience out of retirement to coach here. But, it is what it is, and now this is what we've got.

Smashing good job 'ol boy!

If... on the other hand... we do manage to pull out 6 wins this season, then I think we shouldn't be too quick to pull the trigger on sacking Gus. But of course that means enduring more of what we've seen too much of already. So here's the alternate idea; next week we play the bucs. The bucs have a rookie quarterback and are eminently more beatable than the dolts are... even without luck. If it should prove that we fail to beat a team with a rookie running the offense, then maybe... just maybe it's time for Khan to intervene in this debacle and pull the plug on the Gus juice and let him find employment elsewhere.

Yup... we should've had the dolts today; had them down and everything. But I don't think we should let the dolts be the 'benchmark' that determines what we do. If we can't get a win from the bucs, maybe it's time to say bye to Gus.

Quote:On a couple of occasions, the commentators even said that the coaching staff had been using Clemons on an inside stunt all day, and even said which plays to expect it on. Sure enough, guess what happens? Is there no one who works for the team watching the broadcast? If so, are they unable to call the coaching box and say, "Guys, Adam Archuleta knows exactly what you're about to do. What makes you think Chuck Pagano doesn't?"

Considering that most of our pressures came from stunts, I'd say that scheming worked in our favor.

Quote:Considering that most of our pressures came from stunts, I'd say that scheming worked in our favor.

Except it didn't, because we lost.