Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

Quote:Your comments are assuming that those calling for Bradley to be fired are overreacting.  When you look at facts and observe the Jags as we all do then I'd call it a rational conclusion.  He's got an 8-28 record and this season shows no promise more than any of the last 3.

If you're truly holding on and thinking he is going to turn this team around then you are in essence believing that Bradley will go down in the history books as one of the greatest coaches of all time (the goal after all is to win the Super Bowl).  This will include one of the worst starts to a head coaching career and greatest turn arounds of an NFL coach, ever.

I genuinely hope you don't believe that because that seems a lot more irrational than those calling for him to be fired now.
Try again. 

Those who are calling for Bradley to be fired after every loss are ignoring the reality that odds are that won't happen.  Bradley will have this year to prove himself.  He's not making much of a case for himself right now, but there's a lot of football left to play.  Change or the sake of change doesn't assure anything but more dysfunction. 

Don't confuse the fact that I and many others here aren't out there screaming for Gus to be fired after every loss with some sort of endorsement of his greatness.  That's the mistake you pitchfork and torchers make constantly.  It's all black and white for you.  If you're not whining, you're a paid mouthpiece for the team.  There are other options.  Some folks prefer not to sound like whining little children who don't get their way.  That's the mindset of the entitlement generation. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What are you expecting?  Public floggings?  You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. 

Through simple observation it's easy to tell which coaches hold themselves and their coaches, players, etc. accountable.  And no, I'm not takling about public hangings.  Bradley is not one of them.  He wants to be the nice guy all the time and that doesn't work.

Quote:I sure took your last comment to suggest this isn't a coaching issue.  If that isn't what you meant, then I apologize.  If it is, then I disagree.
I'm capable of looking at this hot mess in its entirety, and it's not just the coaching that's the issue with this team.  The problem with single issue folks is they dismiss ALL other factors as "excuses" because you're fixated on one target at a time.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:It is what it is, there's no help on the way, and there are no better options at the moment. What would you have them do? Is firing Gus and putting Marrone in there going to make any real difference?

"What we have isn't working, but there is no guarantee that changing will be different, so we should just keep doing what isn't working"

Quote:Through simple observation it's easy to tell which coaches hold themselves and their coaches, players, etc. accountable.  And no, I'm not takling about public hangings.  Bradley is not one of them.  He wants to be the nice guy all the time and that doesn't work.
Again, you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.  You're basing this entirely on how Gus presents himself when there's a microphone in front of him and somehow you you think that's all there is.  Sorry, but I'm not buying it.  The persona you see in pressers isn't necessarily what's happening behind the scenes, but you'll never concede that.

Quote:"What we have isn't working, but there is no guarantee that changing will be different, so we should just keep doing what isn't working"
That's not what he's saying, but I wouldn't expect you to interpret it any other way.

Quote:Try again. 

Those who are calling for Bradley to be fired after every loss are ignoring the reality that odds are that won't happen.  Bradley will have this year to prove himself.  He's not making much of a case for himself right now, but there's a lot of football left to play.  Change or the sake of change doesn't assure anything but more dysfunction. 

Don't confuse the fact that I and many others here aren't out there screaming for Gus to be fired after every loss with some sort of endorsement of his greatness.  That's the mistake you pitchfork and torchers make constantly.  It's all black and white for you.  If you're not whining, you're a paid mouthpiece for the team.  There are other options.  Some folks prefer not to sound like whining little children who don't get their way.  That's the mindset of the entitlement generation. 

OK, you can stop short of using me as your skapegoat for your agenda.

I've said since the beginning of his 2nd season (when he showed he can't prepare a team for a season or a game much less manage in games) that he isn't the caliber coach that can lead an NFL team to a Super Bowl.

20 games later I'm still saying the same thing.  20 games later my opinion is still supported by Bradley's poor performance.

You also overreact and call people whining when they are discussing Jaguars issues here (ironically enough on a discussion board).  Again, if you don't like someone's opinion then state that (with respect).  You can do that without labeling people as idiots, whiners, pitchfork carriers, torchers, etc.

you wont know what coaching candidates are truly available until after the season.  suggesting we fire Gus now in order to get the "coaching search" started is dumb.

Quote:That's not what he's saying, but I wouldn't expect you to interpret it any other way.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you.  There is only one way to interpret it, but I knew you'd leap straight to his defense. 

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 03:04 PM by badger.)

Quote:It's ignorant that you label peopel idiots because they have an opinion on an internet discussion board.  On top of that, most of these "idiots" bring plenty of facts and observations to back up their opinions.  If your opinion is that a coach who is 8-28 is acceptable or that you think he should be allowed to coach out the season then state as much.  However, it's naive and ignorant to label people as idiots because they have a different opinion than you.

If you'd like a place where there is no discussion and people have to read what you write without response then feel free to start such a place or apply for a job at jaguars.com.

Otherwise, how about bringing some respect to the discussions here.  Or feel free to not come here and complain at all.

I was directly referring to people calling the scoreboard show.  I dont know how anybody in their right mind would describe SOME of these people as anything less than idiotic.

Quote:Again, you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.  You're basing this entirely on how Gus presents himself when there's a microphone in front of him and somehow you you think that's all there is.  Sorry, but I'm not buying it.  The persona you see in pressers isn't necessarily what's happening behind the scenes, but you'll never concede that.

I'm partially basing it on what we see from him in the public's eye, yes.  I'm also basing it on how the players speak.  I'm also basing it on how the team is prepared, or performs (not just wins and losses).  I'm basing is on how the team is prepared for the season (or not).  I'm basing it on how the team is prepared for a game (or not).  I'm basing it on how the team adjusts at halftime (or not).  Etc...

We may not see every detail behind the scenes but we're not all idiots either.  Logical conclusions can be made with what we know.

Quote:OK, you can stop short of using me as your skapegoat for your agenda.

I've said since the beginning of his 2nd season (when he showed he can't prepare a team for a season or a game much less manage in games) that he isn't the caliber coach that can lead an NFL team to a Super Bowl.

20 games later I'm still saying the same thing.  20 games later my opinion is still supported by Bradley's poor performance.

You also overreact and call people whining when they are discussing Jaguars issues here (ironically enough on a discussion board).  Again, if you don't like someone's opinion then state that (with respect).  You can do that without labeling people as idiots, whiners, pitchfork carriers, torchers, etc.

Scapegoat for my agenda?  Classic. 

What's my agenda exactly?  Not to fall into the lemming mindset that we must fire a coach in year 2 of a rebuild in a season when the team started more rookies than any other team in the league?  Color me guilty.

You should really pat yourself on the back for being ahead of the curve on leading the torchers.  What a pioneer you are.  Of course, that requires you to ignore context and recognize where this team was when Bradley took over, where it was last year when the rebuild REALLY took hold, and where it is currently. 

You want to critique him on this season?  That's fine.  All the youth is now in year 2, and many of the guys they were putting out there green last year are stepping up and showing improvement.  It's not the kind of improvement most want to see, at least not enough, and not quickly enough.  But, the improvement is there. 

And again, don't confuse the fact that I'm bringing facts into the discussion like youth and injury as any sort of defense of Bradley.  You say he hasn't held anyone accountable.  I'm calling bull.  There's an entirely new offensive coaching staff on the field this year.  Do you not think firing a coordinator is some measure of accountability?  Or are you ignoring that because it doesn't really serve YOUR agenda here?  No need to answer.  It's obvious.

Bradley will get the remainder of this season to either turn it around or not.  He's not going to be fired no matter how loudly you and your merry band of nattering nabobs of negativity howl.  Do I think he'll survive this season?  Probably not.  There's not enough evidence to support him making it to year 4.  But, I'm not throwing my hands up and joining the whiners because you never know what may happen with this team. 

Quote:Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you.  There is only one way to interpret it, but I knew you'd leap straight to his defense. 
Keep trying.  I know it may require a little thought, but eventually you'll figure it out....maybe.

Quote:Scapegoat for my agenda?  Classic. 

What's my agenda exactly?  Not to fall into the lemming mindset that we must fire a coach in year 2 of a rebuild in a season when the team started more rookies than any other team in the league?  Color me guilty.

You should really pat yourself on the back for being ahead of the curve on leading the torchers.  What a pioneer you are.  Of course, that requires you to ignore context and recognize where this team was when Bradley took over, where it was last year when the rebuild REALLY took hold, and where it is currently. 

You want to critique him on this season?  That's fine.  All the youth is now in year 2, and many of the guys they were putting out there green last year are stepping up and showing improvement.  It's not the kind of improvement most want to see, at least not enough, and not quickly enough.  But, the improvement is there. 

And again, don't confuse the fact that I'm bringing facts into the discussion like youth and injury as any sort of defense of Bradley.  You say he hasn't held anyone accountable.  I'm calling bull.  There's an entirely new offensive coaching staff on the field this year.  Do you not think firing a coordinator is some measure of accountability?  Or are you ignoring that because it doesn't really serve YOUR agenda here?  No need to answer.  It's obvious.

Bradley will get the remainder of this season to either turn it around or not.  He's not going to be fired no matter how loudly you and your merry band of nattering nabobs of negativity howl.  Do I think he'll survive this season?  Probably not.  There's not enough evidence to support him making it to year 4.  But, I'm not throwing my hands up and joining the whiners because you never know what may happen with this team. 
Good for you

Quote:Good for you
That's what I thought.

Quote:That's what I thought.

[Image: b2c537587a66cb01148c0c438f46ed7b.jpg]

Gus isnt the guy for us here and the roster isnt talented enough to hide anything.

Quote:Is firing Gus and putting Marrone in there going to make any real difference?

Quote:Keep trying.  I know it may require a little thought, but eventually you'll figure it out....maybe.

Well don't keep me in suspense, go ahead and give us the "right" interpretation of that sentence.

Quote:Well, he should have coached the kicker better and coached the penalty makers not to make penalties obviously.

I don't even blame the kicker for missing those, they were pretty long kicks.

I might have missed in it this thread or another, but what do you think about the way the team has been playing in the second half, the adjustments being made, and the way Bradley handled the couple of drives that led to those field goals?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Scapegoat for my agenda?  Classic. 

So if you don't think he will survive the season, why keep him? Why delay the inevitable?