Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

Quote:It's going to be an adult book. Not appropriate for this forum.

Khan gonna give them a raise?

Bowchickawowow
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Khan gonna give them a raise?

Bowchickawowow
Khan has the stache for it already

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Okay, so penalties are all about the coaching? Is that what you're saying?

In 2014, the Jaguars were the least penalized team in the league. Right now they're in the middle of the pack after 4 games, but the officials have thrown a record number of flags league-wide this season. The penalties are frustrating, but I don't think coaching is the biggest factor behind why they're happening. You've got a lot of situations where we're getting hammered with ticky-tacky penalties. How is coaching going to fix that?

Coaching can only take things so far. At some point you have to expect the players on the roster to execute. They managed to figure it out last year, and I would expect to see them clean that up as best they can as the season progresses.

That is indeed an interesting statistic. I agree with coaching can only do so much. But penalties can be fixed; to me they arise from sloppiness; and this past week, having 5 penalties on a drive alone that basically handed them a touchdown was very disconcerting. That's all I'm saying.

My goodness why is Gus the buffoon still the coach and why hasn't that scrub arena trash kicker been replaced?

#sameoldJags
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Now is not the time.  If our record plays out and we're 4-12 at the end of this thing.  Absolutely.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:Now is not the time. If our record plays out and we're 4-12 at the end of this thing. Absolutely.

The time to [BLEEP] can Gus came a while ago. First of all, he is completely incompetent. Our young players' development can be slowed by playing in flawed game plans.

Also, the more time Gus spends in the locker room preaching his "get better, compete everyday" nonsense, the worse off the team will be in the long run. Complete waste of time. The quicker these players learn that they need to perform well and win, the quicker we as fans will start seeing results.

No more ice cream parties. Fire Gus now. Make the Jags Great Again!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:My goodness why is Gus the buffoon still the coach and why hasn't that scrub arena trash kicker been replaced?

#sameoldJags
#becauseJaguars

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

If the jags lose to the bucs and show another second half pile of turds, I would advocate for Gus to be fired immediately.

At this point it looks like he's doing nothing more than hindering the team.

We shall see.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If the jags lose to the bucs and show another second half pile of turds, I would advocate for Gus to be fired immediately.

At this point it looks like he's doing nothing more than hindering the team.

We shall see.
I'm not one of the HC needs to be fired after every loss kind of people....

but if we show ineptitude in the 2nd half and Jameis "I don't look like I belong here" Winston beats us.....

something needs to be done.

Quote:I'm not one of the HC needs to be fired after every loss kind of people....

but if we show ineptitude in the 2nd half and Jameis "I don't look like I belong here" Winston beats us.....

something needs to be done.

Jameis Winston breakout game? Sounds about par for the course.

Quote:Gus can do no wrong to some of you guys, Some of y'all have such low expectations that you actually think its fine to be competing with a team with an overall crappy roster without luck and losing to Hasselbeck.

So who is saying Gus can do no wrong? Do you make things up often?

If you fire Gus mid season, the same offensive and defensive scheme will remain for the rest of the season.

Quote:Jameis Winston breakout game? Sounds about par for the course.

We better blitz the living poo out of him or I will be mildly put off...

Quote:If you fire Gus mid season, the same offensive and defensive scheme will remain for the rest of the season.

Is not making adjustments part of a scheme?

Quote:Is not making adjustments part of a scheme?

Well, that brings up an interesting question (and I am not trolling here...lol): If the coordinators are the ones in charge of their squads and are the ones calling the plays, then wouldn't at least some of the responsibility for making adjustments fall on their shoulders and not just Bradley's?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Well, that brings up an interesting question (and I am not trolling here...lol): If the coordinators are the ones in charge of their squads and are the ones calling the plays, then wouldn't at least some of the responsibility for making adjustments fall on their shoulders and not just Bradley's?

That's true...but the buck ends at the HC.  It's his staff to do as he sees fit.  It's his responsibility to ensure that his staff is making adjustments/improvements as needed.  It's leadership 101.  The Captain of the ship is ultimately responsible for everything.  Not the First Mate, not the cook, not the mechanic.

Quote:That's true...but the buck ends at the HC.  It's his staff to do as he sees fit.  It's his responsibility to ensure that his staff is making adjustments/improvements as needed.  It's leadership 101.  The Captain of the ship is ultimately responsible for everything.  Not the First Mate, not the cook, not the mechanic.

Dang,

I actually agree. That was a logical and accurate assesment.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:That's true...but the buck ends at the HC.  It's his staff to do as he sees fit.  It's his responsibility to ensure that his staff is making adjustments/improvements as needed.  It's leadership 101.  The Captain of the ship is ultimately responsible for everything.  Not the First Mate, not the cook, not the mechanic.

Nice answer and ultimately I think you're right...just so we're clear, but I still wondered. It's like: Are Babich and Olsen not doing their respective jobs properly and Gus isn't correcting them? Or are they actually trying to do the right thing and being overruled by the coach? Or is it a combination of the two?

I guess ultimately I'm looking for the root cause and not necessarily just someone to point fingers at. But don't get that statement twisted. I personally don't feel like Bradley is a very good coach...that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm simply a "why" guy. When things don't go according to plan, I need to know why before I can address it to (hopefully) curtail the same issues from arising again.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Nice answer and ultimately I think you're right...just so we're clear, but I still wondered. It's like: Are Babich and Olsen not doing their respective jobs properly and Gus isn't correcting them? Or are they actually trying to do the right thing and being overruled by the coach? Or is it a combination of the two?

I guess ultimately I'm looking for the root cause and not necessarily just someone to point fingers at. But don't get that statement twisted. I personally don't feel like Bradley is a very good coach...that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm simply a "why" guy. When things don't go according to plan, I need to know why before I can address it to (hopefully) curtail the same issues from arising again.

You're question completely makes sense but without seeing the inner workings of the team staff I don't think there's a way to know.  I will say that it seems that Bradley is very disconnected from the offense.  He is a defensive guy and you can tell from his press conferences that he has more ownership when it comes to the defense.  It also makes sense because it's what he knows.

I believe he's probably somewhat hands on with the defense whereas the offense and special teams are basically left to those respective coaches.  In the last several weeks is really the first time we've heard him give input on the offense (i.e. be more aggressive, take shots downfield, don't be so cautious, etc.).

Quote:We better blitz the living poo out of him or I will be mildly put off...
We didn't blitz the 40 year old. What makes you think we'll do it against a young athletic QB?