Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

He is worse than Mularkey but GM Dave Caldwell & Gus Bradley smooth talked us with this whole rebuilding and thoughts of making a Seattle Jaguars type of team, but when it came down to it (you found out you were hoodwinkled).

Like a con artist in a giant circus tent coming to a small town with giant hopes and promises, the team is built that will own the AFC South.. really and you cant even beat the Texans?

Sigh...

I wanted so badly to beleive in Gus and Dave's regime... shouldve known better...

same old, same old...

Time to fire Gus and make Marrone the interm HC if it fails time to fire GM Dave Caldwell & hopefully bring in a Jim Harbaugh or better talent HC and not a Mularkey / Gus Bradley no name low talent guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Would firing the HC change the 4 man rush and triple zone we run? If so, fire him. If not---- Heck, just fire him...

I would think so. Change schemes and whatnot. It's mind boggling how when we do blitz, it works. But then we stop doing it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wonder what the mood in the locker room is.. they have to know Gus is gonna get whacked soon.

Quote:He is worse than Mularkey but GM Dave Caldwell & Gus Bradley smooth talked us with this whole rebuilding and thoughts of making a Seattle Jaguars type of team, but when it came down to it (you found out you were hoodwinkled).

Like a con artist in a giant circus tent coming to a small town with giant hopes and promises, the team is built that will own the AFC South.. really and you cant even beat the Texans?

Sigh...

I wanted so badly to beleive in Gus and Dave's regime... shouldve known better...

same old, same old...

Time to fire Gus and make Marrone the interm HC if it fails time to fire GM Dave Caldwell & hopefully bring in a Jim Harbaugh or better talent HC and not a Mularkey / Gus Bradley no name low talent guy.

Though to be fair we do have a Seattle-esque defense...it's just a 2008 version where they sucked [BLEEP] 

Quote:Those 7-9, 8-8 Del Rio/Shack Harris-managed Jaguars would curb-stomp this current Jags team

Oh MJD would have a field day eating up this defense.

Quote:I wonder what the mood in the locker room is.. they have to know Gus is gonna get whacked soon.

probably bumming pretty hard.  I think it's a foregone conclusion that the ice cream bar is shut down once Gus "the candy man" Bradley is kicked out of town.

If there is a god please let this dumpster fire be over soon. Tank for #1 pick and get a quality coach and staff in here.

Gus is in fact not solid.  And def Fluff.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 12:16 AM by paksat.)

there's zero reason to keep gus around, he's costing you money at this point

the guys a flat out idiot of a head coach, put marrone in to at the VERY LEAST add some excitement

ffs he went 9-7 last year.. give the guy the a chance damn

We weren't headed to London this week, hate to say it but I truly believe the bills game will be his last.

Quote:We weren't headed to London this week, hate to say it but I truly believe the bills game will be his last.

Nope it's really on the players they keep [BLEEP] up
"Get Better Everyday"

Just made a thread on my opinion of this but overall, I think you either fire him after next game, At the end of the season, or next year along with caldwell. Assuming things don't vastly turn around which I think is still a decent possibility considering Bortles is playing pretty well despite forcing throws against the texans. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 05:16 AM by ThunderCat.)

Caldwell won't fire Gus in the middle of the "process". I would honestly be shocked. It would take Caldwell admitting the plan is not working halfway through which is a negative on him. Khan would acually have to step in and make a football decision for Gus to be fired mid year. Not sure we're gonna get that type of reaction from khan. Hopefully Kahn has someone he trusts give him the message that Gus needs to go and to keep an eye out for Caldwell because he's on the borderline of being a bad gm.

Gus has to go by the end of November at the very minimum. You can't go 1 - 9 or 1 - 10 into December with him as your coach. At this point, you have to give the fans and the players stuck on this team for the time being something to be happy about or thankful for or something to look forward to going into 2016. Gus isn't apart of that equation. And I am on the fence with Dave Caldwell. I don't want to see him go but then again if he does get kicked to the curb with Gus it's understandable if you're Khan. That's usually how it goes. We'll see. It's no longer a matter of "If" anymore. It's truly "when" will Gus get the axe.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Khan should want to win in London if he's serious about growing the brand here. If anything he should make the change beforehand.

I think he wants this bad. I'm convinced that Gus goes a long ways toward saving his job with a win in London. On the flip side, I'm convinced the Bills, and particularly McCoy, whoop us silly.

'02

Quote:It doesn't help that Caldwell's idiot coach is letting Demetrius McCray play special teams while Dwayne Gratz gets toasted like an English muffin out there, or that he puts an undrafted rookie with speed and nothing else out there deep in his own territory on a key play. Caldwell's not responsible for the illegal formations, the holding calls, the 12-man penalties, the clock mismanagement, none of it. That all falls directly on the coaches. I see nothing to lead me to believe that Caldwell is a crap GM. I see everything to lead me to believe that Bradley is a crap coach.

That's all fair, I hope it's just bad coaching. I really do, I'm not watching the games as close as I have in the past since I'm watching from work in between cars but everytime I look up were down, giving up big plays or making bonehead mistakes, it's frustrating as hell.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:He is worse than Mularkey...

Not even. Nobody is worse than Mularkey.

'02

The four stages of Jaguars fandom:

Hope

Anger

Despair

Apathy

I have reached the 4th level, apathy, where I quit watching and go do yard work or go play golf. 

Is anyone else constantly checking NFL.com, Twitter or listening to 1010XL to hear that Bradley was fired?

I was able to do some yard work yesterday around the time Blakes "Pick 6" was high stepping to the end zone.

Blake Bortles is nothing more than Chad Henne with false confidence.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana