Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 11:28 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:when youre dominating at 80% theres no point of going 100%, now if he wasnt dominant at 80% then it would be a concern. but hey keep holding on if you want.

No point? You're delusional. South Carolina hasn't been a good enough team for him to coast. Maybe he makes a few more drive-killing sacks or forces a couple more fumbles on those plays his coaches know he's dogged. Maybe you should want the "No. 1 pick" (he obviously won't be picked there, but bear with me) to compete on every down and lead by example as a culture-changing force for your franchise.

He's lucky he plays a position that allows the casual fan such as yourself to not notice when he's taking plays off. Imagine if a stud quarterback or corner decided to go at 80% in any given game.

You've been wrong about everything you've tried to argue about in here. Keep moving the goal posts of your argument, kid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No point? You're delusional. South Carolina hasn't been a good enough team for him to coast. Maybe he makes a few more drive-killing sacks or forces a couple more fumbles on those plays his coaches know he's dogged. Maybe you should want the "No. 1 pick" (he obviously won't be picked there, but bear with me) to compete on every down and lead by example as a culture-changing force for your franchise.

He's lucky he plays a position that allows the casual fan such as yourself to not notice when he's taking plays off. Imagine if a stud quarterback or corner decided to go at 80% in any given game.

You've been wrong about everything you've tried to argue about in here. Keep moving the goal posts of your argument, kid.
youre reaching so hard its hilarious but keep on holding on to that "clowney has a crappy motor all throughout his career" schtick its cute

I'm the one reaching? In two months' time, Clowney has gone from a "No. 1 lock" in the eyes of the media and the causal fan to now fighting with Mariota to stay in the top-two. He was once a Heisman contender and is now the national analysts' favorite punching bag. You can use Pirkster's eventual disappearance from this thread as a weather vane for measuring Clowney's fall from immortality. The guy's own defensive coordinator criticized his effort level and estimated he took one out of every five plays off in his sophomore season... and just a few pages ago you were asking for links<i> </i>as if this wasn't a much-discussed thing over the summer.

You really need to start paying attention to these things. Clowney has a crappy motor for a first-round talent. That's undeniable. 

Quote: 

You really need to start paying attention to these things. Clowney has a crappy motor for a first-round talent. That's undeniable. 

Which is one of the reasons theres no way any team would select him ahead of Teddy. 

Quote:when youre dominating at 80% theres no point of going 100%, now if he wasnt dominant at 80% then it would be a concern. but hey keep holding on if you want.

This may be the worst slice of logic I've ever seen on this board.

his motor has been questionable this season everyone knows that, my problem with your take was you said hes had a crappy motor all throughout his career, in his first two season in college he completely dominated, having a crappy motor doesnt make you one of the most dominant rusher in recent memory. 

Quote:This may be the worst slice of logic I've ever seen on this board.
how so? when you can win a war with 80 soldiers, why use 100?

Any player who doesn't okay 100% on every snap is draped with red flags, call a spade a spade

Quote:how so? when you can win a war with 80 soldiers, why use 100?
What????

Quote:What????
when you can get an A in class by studying at 80% effort, why study at 100% effort? that better?

Quote:his motor has been questionable this season everyone knows that, my problem with your take was you said hes had a crappy motor all throughout his career, in his first two season in college he completely dominated, having a crappy motor doesnt make you one of the most dominant rusher in recent memory. 

You're really underestimating how good Jadeveon Clowney is. Strange, I thought you were a big fan of his.

Quote:how so? when you can win a war with 80 soldiers, why use 100?

Terrible example.  Fighting a war and an individual's work ethic are not even remotely comparable.

Every player should give 100% on every play, especially considering the program is paying his tuition for him.  Clowney is exemplifying poor work ethic.  To say that it is okay for him to not give it his 100% is asinine.  I mean, I'm not a stats guy, but he only has, what?  Two sacks on the season?  Sure he's getting doubled, but that is good reason for him to actually give full effort.

And just for the record, he is not dominating at 80%, nor is he one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory. Experts are in love with him because he is CAPABLE of being one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory -- but he is not there.

Quote:when you can get an A in class by studying at 80% effort, why study at 100% effort? that better?

You're an idiot if you're seriously trying to use this as an analogy. A student can't do any better than an A in the classroom, but Clowney taking plays off means he's hurting his football team when he could be putting in that kind of effort on every play. He's part of an 11-man unit.

Quote:when you can get an A in class by studying at 80% effort, why study at 100% effort? that better?
School and football are completely different things

Quote:You're really underestimating how good Jadeveon Clowney is. Strange, I thought you were a big fan of his.
and i dont  put teddy on the same class as peyton or luck

Quote:Terrible example.  Fighting a war and an individual's work ethic are not even remotely comparable.

Every player should give 100% on every play, especially considering the program is paying his tuition for him.  Clowney is exemplifying poor work ethic.  To say that it is okay for him to not give it his 100% is asinine.  I mean, I'm not a stats guy, but he only has, what?  Two sacks on the season?  Sure he's getting doubled, but that is good reason for him to actually give full effort.

And just for the record, he is not dominating at 80%, nor is he one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory. Experts are in love with him because he is CAPABLE of being one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory -- but he is not there.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ast-decade

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. 

Quote:and i dont  put teddy on the same class as peyton or luck

That's cool, dude. No one really does. His supporters on this board say he's in the tier below over the last 15 years. Not sure what that has to do with the argument you've posed, though.

Quote:and i dont  put teddy on the same class as peyton or luck

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ast-decade

I can find you some links saying JaMarcus Russell would be a Hall of Fame QB.  Opinions are opinions.

By the way, it might be wise to form your own opinions based on what you've seen rather than cherry picking the opinions from guys you see on ESPN.

Quote:I can find you some links saying JaMarcus Russell would be a Hall of Fame QB.  Opinions are opinions.

By the way, it might be wise to form your own opinions based on what you've seen rather than cherry picking the opinions from guys you see on ESPN.

That's what he does I'm certain he's incapable of forming his own opinions. 

Quote:School and football are completely different things
Quote:You're an idiot if you're seriously trying to use this as an analogy. A student can't do any better than an A in the classroom, but Clowney taking plays off means he's hurting his football team when he could be putting in that kind of effort on every play. He's part of an 11-man unit.
just trying to explain the logic, but it seems you guys see things differently, personally if i can have huge success at doing things at 80% theres no use for my giving full effort.