Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:That's what he does I'm certain he's incapable of forming his own opinions. 
To be completely fair that's what most of this board does too.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can find you some links saying JaMarcus Russell would be a Hall of Fame QB.  Opinions are opinions.

By the way, it might be wise to form your own opinions based on what you've seen rather than cherry picking the opinions from guys you see on ESPN.
from the aritcle, theyrenot guys on espn btw.

Quote:I polled five NFL executives, each with more than 10 years of scouting experience, and asked them if Clowney was the best defender in college football they had seen over the last decade. Here are their answers

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 01:55 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:just trying to explain the logic, but it seems you guys see things differently, personally if i can have huge success at doing things at 80% theres no use for my giving full effort. 

LOL. This "logic" doesn't work on the football field, kid. You have one day a week to give up your body for and there is no level of domination you can reach where one should stop trying to improve.

Tell me, do you think Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor gave 80% on Sundays?

Quote:from the aritcle, theyrenot guys on espn btw.

Hey, if you want to cling to that, power to ya.

Still don't know how that has anything to do with you saying it is okay for Clowney to only give 80%.  That is not a positive, it's a negative.

Quote:Hey, if you want to cling to that, power to ya.

Still don't know how that has anything to do with you saying it is okay for Clowney to only give 80%.  That is not a positive, it's a negative.
clinging to opinions of 5 people with actual scouting experience. sure i will.

i dont have a problem when hes dominating at 80%, but if he wasnt of course itd be a negative. i stated that earlier in the thread.

Again, he's not dominating right now.  He's getting criticized.

By the way, that article was written prior to the start of the 2013 season, champ.

Quote:LOL. This "logic" doesn't work on the football field, kid. You have one day a week to give up your body for and there is no level of domination you can reach where one should stop trying to improve.

Tell me, do you think Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor gave 80% on Sundays?
maybe not but we are talking about college where clowney dominated at 80%, we'll see what he does in the pros, but i dont see giving 80% while dominating as a concern.

Quote:clinging to opinions of 5 people with actual scouting experience. sure i will.

i dont have a problem when hes dominating at 80%, but if he wasnt of course itd be a negative. i stated that earlier in the thread.

Five anonymous people, oh no! Remember when you pushed aside the 12/13 anonymous scouts Jason La Canfora quoted back in August who said that Teddy would be picked over Clowney?

Hypocrisy hasn't worked well for you these last few months, HeeRo.

Quote:clinging to opinions of 5 people with actual scouting experience. sure i will.

It's the principle of the fact that he's not giving his full effort. It also speaks volumes about his character in general.

What happens when he turns 30 and still thinks he can dominate without giving 100%? Randy Moss and Terrell Owens did that same exact thing, and Moss could've been the greatest receiver to ever play if he had just given 100% on every play.

No, instead he played for 5 different teams and made significantly less money than he would've if he had given 100% his entire career.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Just to go to the extreme of a guy not giving full effort after being highly touted in college, despite having elite measurables. Jamarcus Russell, now he's trying to get back into the league when he should be in his prime. 

Quote:Again, he's not dominating right now.  He's getting criticized.
Quote:By the way, that article was written prior to the start of the 2013 season, champ.
hes still having a great impact on the game regardless of the subpar stats but yeah hes had a down season compared to the past. the reason i posted that link is because you posted this "And just for the record, he is not dominating at 80%, nor is he one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory. Experts are in love with him because he is CAPABLE of being one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory -- but he is not there."

look at this article regarding his 2013 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ajor-issue

Quote:Five anonymous people, oh no! Remember when you pushed aside the 12/13 anonymous scouts Jason La Canfora quoted back in August who said that Teddy would be picked over Clowney?

Hypocrisy hasn't worked well for you these last few months, HeeRo.
theyre actual nfl execs with 10+ year experience of scouting compared to just anonymous scouts. at least we know their title and experience

Quote:Um, Clowney has been criticized for this his entire college career. It's not just the bone spurs. Pay attention.
If all you took away from that was bone spurs, then you're hardly even reading the article. Did you completely skip over the section where it mentions about DEs having to take some plays off to play the mental game with their opposing tackles? If the bull rush 100% on every play, how long before the Tackle figures out how to stop him?

Bottom line, no DE give 100% every play, it's not how the mental aspect of the game works. He has bone spurs, and is still playing at a high level, ouch! he added 20lbs of muscle in the offseason, hardly what I would call "lazy". 

But of course, "Clowneyz suxxxx!!! Teddy is the only player in this draft who will amount to anythingz!!1!!111!!11!!"

lol

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 02:12 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:theyre actual nfl execs with 10+ year experience of scouting compared to just anonymous scouts. at least we know their title and experience

Uh, how do you know that? Did Daniel Jeremiah give you their names? Prove it to me. Show me he's not fabricating those quotes.

This is what happens when you're constantly arguing both sides of the coin. You're backing yourself into these corners.

Quote:hes still having a great impact on the game regardless of the subpar stats but yeah hes had a down season compared to the past. the reason i posted that link is because you posted this "And just for the record, he is not dominating at 80%, nor is he one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory. Experts are in love with him because he is CAPABLE of being one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory -- but he is not there."

I would chalk it up to very painful bonespurs, still getting used to his body with 20 extra lbs of muscle on it, and of course, the mental chess match played between tackle and end all game. It's not always just a pin your ears back and get at him every play.

Quote:If all you took away from that was bone spurs, then you're hardly even reading the article. Did you completely skip over the section where it mentions about DEs having to take some plays off to play the mental game with their opposing tackles? If the bull rush 100% on every play, how long before the Tackle figures out how to stop him?

Bottom line, no DE give 100% every play, it's not how the mental aspect of the game works. He has bone spurs, and is still playing at a high level, ouch! he added 20lbs of muscle in the offseason, hardly what I would call "lazy". 

But of course, "Clowneyz suxxxx!!! Teddy is the only player in this draft who will amount to anythingz!!1!!111!!11!!"

lol

So that's why his coaches and coordinator wanted him to give more effort this year than he did in his amazing sophomore season, right?

"chess matches blah blah blah other platitudes"

Quote:hes still having a great impact on the game regardless of the subpar stats but yeah hes had a down season compared to the past. the reason i posted that link is because you posted this "And just for the record, he is not dominating at 80%, nor is he one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory. Experts are in love with him because he is CAPABLE of being one of the most dominant edge rushers in recent memory -- but he is not there."

I'm beginning to have a hard time believing you've even seen him play beyond his youtube highlights.

In no way, shape, or form is he "dominating" this season.  Not at all.  Shoot, you could make a case that he's been one of the biggest disappointments of this season when you take into consideration his production (or lack thereof), inconsistent motor, and the fact that he takes some plays (and games) off.

Is he capable of being a dominant edge rusher in the NFL? Absolutely.  Physically, he's a freak.  But he's not there yet.  I doubt he comes in right away and has a rookie season like JJ Watt had.

What I would suggest doing is really concentrate on watching a full game of his sometime.  You'll be able to form your own opinions that way and rely less on the likes of Daniel Jeremiah.  Just a suggestion.

Quote:It's the principle of the fact that he's not giving his full effort. It also speaks volumes about his character in general.

What happens when he turns 30 and still thinks he can dominate without giving 100%? Randy Moss and Terrell Owens did that same exact thing, and Moss could've been the greatest receiver to ever play if he had just given 100% on every play.

No, instead he played for 5 different teams and made significantly less money than he would've if he had given 100% his entire career.
true but i was talking about his college career where he'd been dominant, when hes in the nfl he will have to put 100% to have the same success in college, it seems hes just coasting until he get to the pros. its a concern for sure but to say he has a crappy motor is a stretch if hes dominating.

Quote:Uh, how do you know that? Did Daniel Jeremiah give you their names? Prove it to me. Show me he's not fabricating those quotes.

This is what happens when you're constantly arguing both sides of the coin. You're backing yourself into these corners.
well he did give us a tidbit of their resume/experience/title, its an ongoing article im sure itd be best if he doesnt fabritcate those quotes.