Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:true but i was talking about his college career where he'd been dominant, when hes in the nfl he will have to put 100% to have the same success in college, it seems hes just coasting until he get to the pros. its a concern for sure but to say he has a crappy motor is a stretch if hes dominating.

Clowney literally skipped a game this year against his coaches' wishes. He's lazy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:well he did give us a tidbit of their resume/experience/title, its an ongoing article im sure itd be best if he doesnt fabritcate those quotes.

I know he didn't fabricate the quotes. I know he didn't make up a bunch of guys to interview and then post an article. This is what you were suggesting was happening back in September when an NFL Network reporter said that 12 out of 13 scouts predicted in the summer that Teddy would be the No. 1 pick.

Keep up, please.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM by CSTblank.)

Quote:Clowney literally skipped a game this year against his coaches' wishes. He's lazy.
He was injured. He should have declared he wouldn't play earlier, but it could just as easily be told in the light of "he wanted to play so badly that he gave himself enough time to heal, and intended to play the game. Once gameday came and he realized he couldn't play at his usual level, he had to inform the coach he needed to sit this one out." But yeah, he's lazy enough hit the weightroom and add 20lbs of muscle in one offseason. I'll bet you've never added 20lbs of muscle in your life, let alone over one summer. It's not easy.

Quote:So that's why his coaches and coordinator wanted him to give more effort this year than he did in his amazing sophomore season, right?

"chess matches blah blah blah other platitudes"
Coaches always push their players to be more than they are, and aspire to greatness. But that must mean he was lazy last year too, right? I'm sure Harbaugh never pushed Luck to be better, he just said "You're good enough. Don't do anything extra."

Do you actually believe the stuff you post?

Quote:I know he didn't fabricate the quotes. I know he didn't make up a bunch of guys to interview and then post an article. This is what you were suggesting was happening back in September when an NFL Network reporter said that 12 out of 13 scouts predicted in the summer that Teddy would be the No. 1 pick.

Keep up, please.
there were no background info on them or their actual title, thats why i was skeptic

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 02:27 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:He was injured. He should have declared he wouldn't play earlier, but it could just as easily be told in the light of "he wanted to play so badly that he gave himself enough time to heal, and intended to play the game. Once gameday came and he realized he couldn't play at his usual level, he had to inform the coach he needed to sit this one out." But yeah, he's lazy enough hit the weightroom and add 20lbs of muscle in one offseason. I'll bet you've never added 20lbs of muscle in your life, let alone over one summer. It's not easy.

Oh god, you can't possibly be serious right now. This is just sad. He scratched himself minutes before leaving the locker room. Spurrier was FURIOUS for a reason.

Quote:I'm beginning to have a hard time believing you've even seen him play beyond his youtube highlights.

In no way, shape, or form is he "dominating" this season.  Not at all.  Shoot, you could make a case that he's been one of the biggest disappointments of this season when you take into consideration his production (or lack thereof), inconsistent motor, and the fact that he takes some plays (and games) off.

Is he capable of being a dominant edge rusher in the NFL? Absolutely.  Physically, he's a freak.  But he's not there yet.  I doubt he comes in right away and has a rookie season like JJ Watt had.

What I would suggest doing is really concentrate on watching a full game of his sometime.  You'll be able to form your own opinions that way and rely less on the likes of Daniel Jeremiah.  Just a suggestion.
i didnt say he was dominating this season, we were talking about his previous two seasons being dominant, keep up and i said he had great impact despite the subpar stats this season, but hey keep putting words in my mouth.

we were talking about him being most dominant rusher in college in recent memory which you said he wasnt not his nfl potential but keep swaying off topic

ive seen most of his games, i'm just backing them up with opinions of people who actually do these things for a living.

Quote:there were no background info on them or their actual title, thats why i was skeptic

All he did was type "Executive No. Whatever" next to their quote. Apparently La Canfora should've done that with the scouts he interviewed and typed "Bridgewater" next to their 12 of their names and "Clowney" next to the only one who wasn't living in reality.

Quote:Oh god, you can't possibly be serious right now. This is just sad. He scratched himself minutes before leaving the locker room. Spurrier was [BAD WORD REMOVED] for a reason.

It doesn't fit your narrative, so I could see how you think I'm foolish. Let us all bow down to BluegrassBrandon and his infinite and vastly superior football knowledge and insight. He's a mind reader, or fortune teller too you know? He knows exactly why Clowney took the game off, probably to relax by the pool right?

Even his teammates indicated he was having pain in his ribs, but he should have just played through that I guess, right? Maybe broken his rib and ended his season all together. But at least BluegrassBrandon would be satisfied.

Quote:All he did was type "Executive No. Whatever" next to their quote. Apparently La Canfora should've done that with the scouts he interviewed and typed "Bridgewater" next to their 12 of their names and "Clowney" next to the only one who wasn't living in reality.
do you really wanna keep arguing over this? jeremiahs sources had titles and small backround infos, la canfora didnt, which one should i be more skeptic about?

Quote:It doesn't fit your narrative, so I could see how you think I'm foolish. Let us all bow down to STEVE SPURRIER and his infinite and vastly superior football knowledge and insight. He's a mind reader, or fortune teller too you know? He knows exactly why Clowney took the game off, probably to relax by the pool right?

Even his teammates indicated he was having pain in his ribs, but he should have just played through that I guess, right? Maybe broken his rib and ended his season all together. But at least STEVE SPURRIER would be satisfied.

Edited for relevancy.

Quote:do you really wanna keep arguing over this? jeremiahs sources had titles and small backround infos, la canfora didnt, which one should i be more skeptic about?

You shouldn't have been skeptic about either, you dolt.

Quote:i didnt say he was dominating this season, we were talking about his previous two seasons being dominant, keep up and i said he had great impact despite the subpar stats this season, but hey keep putting words in my mouth.

we were talking about him being most dominant rusher in college in recent memory which you said he wasnt not his nfl potential but keep swaying off topic

ive seen most of his games, i'm just backing them up with opinions of people who actually do these things for a living.

Nah, you're twisting it around.

You implied that it was okay for him to only give 80% because he was dominating anyways.  This season, not only is he only giving it 80% (if that), he's taking games off.  You're trying so hard to desperately protect that moronic statement that you made.

Quote:Nah, you're twisting it around.

You implied that it was okay for him to only give 80% because he was dominating anyways.  This season, not only is he only giving it 80% (if that), he's taking games off.  You're trying so hard to desperately protect that moronic statement that you made.
i already conceded that his motor this season is questionable.... i also said its ok to give 80% if he was dominating which he was his first two seasons.  not sure how im protecting anything?

Quote:flynn also had one start against brady in 2010 when rodgers got injured and he played really well.  from what ive been reading the reason why the packers waited a week to sign flynn was due to some elbow injury couple that with the seneca injury.

well brees is regarded as an elite qb but with and without payton his record hasnt been as good. im just using the plug in an elite qb in a team and theyll be better argument but that wasnt the case with the saints. 

He actually had two starts in 2010, the Patriots game, as you mentioned, where he performed well, and another, which produced a 57.7 completion percentage for 177 yards and one interception. Don't cherrypick.  

So, Matt Flynn was suffering from an injury, fine. He is not listed on Green Bay's current injury report. It was reported before his recent singing with the Packers that the team would sign him if his elbow checked out. Apparently, it did. 

He's still not playing, through. The Packers still prefer Scott Tolzien to Matt Flynn. Why? 

On Wisconsin.

Why is this thread even active? If TB declares, there is NO WAY they are going to draft Clowney with the first pick.

Quote:He actually had two starts in 2010, the Patriots game, as you mentioned, where he performed well, and another, which produced a 57.7 completion percentage for 177 yards and one interception. Don't cherrypick.  

So, Matt Flynn was suffering from an injury, fine. He is not listed on Green Bay's current injury report. It was reported before his recent singing with the Packers that the team would sign him if his elbow checked out. Apparently, it did. 

He's still not playing, through. The Packers still prefer Scott Tolzien to Matt Flynn. Why? 
i didnt cherry pick, he replaced rodgers when he got concussed during the game from what i remember thats why i didnt bring it up because he didnt start.

not sure what the injury is but hes had it for awhile thats why they didnt sign him right away when rodgers got hurt and got desperate when seneca also got hurt.   idk why he isnt starting in gb because it would be the logical thing to do but they may be really high on tolziens development. 

Matt Flynn being terrible probably has something to do with that.

Quote:Matt Flynn being terrible probably has something to do with that.
of course, but is tolzien any better? you could say he has more potential but he was terrible the previous two weeks, granted he just got elevated from the ps squad a few weeks before.

Why has this topic turned into a Matt Flynn/Tolzien debate?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

back on topic, its weeks old but who cares we need to keep on topic

[Image: dhzjyc.gif]