Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Does Gus Bradley Do A Good Enough Job Of Holding Players Accountable?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Accountability

how many times did gratz get burned last year?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"We're never satisfied. We want MORE!"
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:"We're never satisfied. We want MORE!"

MORE LOSSES!!
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:This benching proves that keeping Bradley around is actually doing harm to this team.

Touche'

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I doubt it as well. Now if we're wrong and Gratz is not beat like a red-headed step child next week and the Jaguars win the game then we can all apologize to Gus and call him a genius. But otherwise the ma
n seriously needs to lose his job.
With this move he almost certainly will. I have always thought McCray was better than the other CB's on the roster. But House is pretty decent. Gratz is inconsistent at best. So now Gus has probably 2 out of the top 3 CB's on the team on the Bench. Its crazy. Some combo of Colvin, House and McCray should be starting. When two of those guys are on the bench you are making a mistake.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Vito Stellino @vitostellino  58m58 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">to answer readers asking why house was benched after playing well for three quarters, the answer is gus wants complete games.

</div>

Playing well for three quarters? Was Vito watching the same game? Hopkins owned him from the kickoff, and Gus should have realized as much and given him some help.

If Gus was so sure that House was the best CB, then why does one game against a top 10 WR suddenly change his mind?

'02

Quote:how many times did gratz get burned last year?

I don't know how you can put a number on it, but one could easily say "routinely."

'02

Quote:The move just seems incomprehensible.  It is definitely performance related or does House have some off-the-field issue we haven't heard about?

Devon has always been a stand-up guy. I can't wait to read his next blog entry.

'02

Quote:Seriously.

I'm just beside myself regarding this move. It makes zero sense.

I should be putting 10 exclamation points at the end of each of my sentences. I should be typing my posts in this thread on all caps. I should change my font to bold, red Helvetica... that's how livid I am.

Does nobody else see the stupidity, hypocrisy, and just sheer ineptitude in this benching?

Dude, to me this is the straw that breaks the camels back. This pushes me over the red line. This guy needs to get fired. He's clearly not cut out for being a head coach. The sooner he's fired, the sooner we can right the ship.

Helvetica?! You are angry! Maybe this is his attempt to show that even good players who supposedly don't give 4 quarters will be benched. Can't think of another reason. Never know, sometimes shake ups, no matter how crazy they seem, sometimes kick start a team.

Quote:Playing well for three quarters? Was Vito watching the same game? Hopkins owned him from the kickoff, and Gus should have realized as much and given him some help.

If Gus was so sure that House was the best CB, then why does one game against a top 10 WR suddenly change his mind?
idk what game you were looking at. House did a good job all day up until the 4th.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Devon has always been a stand-up guy. I can't wait to read his next blog entry.

This is from his twitter account:

[Image: CR4aJuNWsAAH2dd.jpg]

Quote:idk what game you were looking at. House did a good job all day up until the 4th.

I'm with you, Vino. House was all over Hopkins.

That idiot coach of ours should have realized the only threat deep ess Hopkins and rolled the safety over there to double team him.

Again, if you watch the last td Hopkins caught, he pushed off to get the separation, and the safety was leaning toward covering the other half of the field.

This coach left house out to dry. And even on an island played a good game. And they are benching him. Gus is the worst coach I've ever seen.

He was looking for a scape goat. And he picked the one player that was busting his hump all game.

What a joke he is. Caldwell needs to fire that loser, asap.

I don't care anymore about being nice to that tool. He's made millions of dollars. He's a a coach worthy of being called trash and garbage. I want that dumb [BAD WORD REMOVED] far, far removed from our team.

He's officially causing problems. Fire his [BLEEP].

Quote:This is from his twitter account:

[Image: CR4aJuNWsAAH2dd.jpg]

Stand-up dude. I want to know what he's saying to friends and family. I feel like if GUS loses the locker room, it's immediately all over. It seems by most accounts that's quite frankly the only reason he's still got any pull upstairs.

I also remember House frequently complaining to refs about push offs.. is that a known thing Hopkins does? Could never see a replay that demonstrated it

This is a weird move.  Just makes no sense. 

Quote:Stand-up dude. I want to know what he's saying to friends and family. I feel like if GUS loses the locker room, it's immediately all over. It seems by most accounts that's quite frankly the only reason he's still got any pull upstairs.

I think it shows that there is no accountability in the locker room. Otherwise players would be voicing their disgust with the results. There doesn't really seem like there is any leadership standing up and demanding for them to get better.

The fact that there is no fighting, no arguments, no passion at all shows the players just don't care enough.

Quote:I also remember House frequently complaining to refs about push offs.. is that a known thing Hopkins does? Could never see a replay that demonstrated it

He was doing it almost every catch. WRs get away with it, but he should have been called for it as many times as he was doing it.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 11:40 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:Can't wait until we dump Gus and change our uniforms for the 3rd time
I really miss our all black uniforms from the Del Rio era.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I also remember House frequently complaining to refs about push offs.. is that a known thing Hopkins does? Could never see a replay that demonstrated it

Watch and listen to the video. Even the announcers noticed it.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101807...ab=analyze

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Yea this is just plain dumb, the guy held his own vs Hopkins for 3qt with no pass rush or safety help, then things broke down

what a joke, Gus has to go 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>