Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Does Gus Bradley Do A Good Enough Job Of Holding Players Accountable?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Accountability

Speechless. Just speechless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Or McCray and Colvin starting, with House looking like a pretty good fit for a center fielder free safety job... :whistling:

The concept of holding players accountable goes out the window when Chris Clemons misses half of camp, shows up out of shape, contributes exactly nothing to the defense and gets a special "veteran's day off" of practice while the rest of the team is actually trying to suck so bad.

Haha exactly, well said

I want a media guy to ask him that straight up. "Why are you benching House when you have guys consistently not making any plays like Clem and Branch, still starting?"

And when he gives his 4 quarter nonsense say

"And what about the guys who aren't making plays in any quarter? Like Clem, while Davis and McCray are stuck on special teams. Or better yet, what about the feeling that coaching is not even making it through 4 quarters?"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I want a media guy to ask him that straight up. "Why are you benching House when you have guys consistently not making any plays like Clem and Branch, still starting?"

And when he gives his 4 quarter nonsense say

"And what about the guys who aren't making plays in any quarter? Like Clem, while Davis and McCray are stuck on special teams. Or better yet, what about the feeling that coaching is not even making it through 4 quarters?"
Exactly.  I've never seen a coach so lost, it's crazy.

Quote:Play three quarters of good football but fall apart in the fourth, get benched.

Play four quarters of [BAD WORD REMOVED] football, get ice cream.

Got it.

In that case, the entire team should be benched. This isn't an issue specific to House...

I think this is long overdue...

[Image: facepalm.jpg]

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

How about fire the defensive coordinator for a ridiculous game plan.  We seriously left House against Hopkins when we were only rushing 4.  That means we were dropping back 7 players into coverage all game.  That's 7 players to cover a maximum of 5 receivers.  Explain why we wouldn't have 2 players blanketing their ONLY good receiving option?  Am I taking crazy pills.  What the hell were the other 6 players covering?  Cecil Shorts!?  Mumphrey?!  Jalen Strong!?  I don't even know who their TE is. 

One of these years.............

Quote:Per Vito Stellino, Davon House has been told he's not starting this week, Dwayne Gratz will get the start. Davon House has been the Jaguars best cover corner by far this year, I don't care about last week, DeAndre Hopkins will torch just about every corner in the league, especially if that team can't generate a pass rush. My question to Gus is, why is Chris Clemons still getting meaningful snaps? He hasn't done anything this year, last weeks benching of Sergio Brown was strange, but this move is simply ridiculous. 
Clemons is getting snaps because Fowler went down within minutes of starting his first NFL practice, simple as that.

Quote:Clemons is getting snaps because Fowler went down within minutes of starting his first NFL practice, simple as that.

Clemons applies no pressure at all.

Quote:Clemons is getting snaps because Fowler went down within minutes of starting his first NFL practice, simple as that.

Not a good excuse when we have guys like Davis not getting snaps or Chris Smith being inactive
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:So basically NO.
Doesn't matter.  Be ready for a breakout game for whoever is playing.

People on this message board demanded accountability.  Someone is now held accountable.  Time to be outraged about someone being held accountable.  Harrumph!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:People on this message board demanded accountability.  Someone is now held accountable.  Time to be outraged about someone being held accountable.  Harrumph!
too bad he picked the absolute last person who should be held accountable. pretty much spitting in the face of people.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Not show up in the offseason, skip practices whenever

Paid vacation

Quote:People on this message board demanded accountability. Someone is now held accountable. Time to be outraged about someone being held accountable. Harrumph!

I guess what bothers me most is that of all people to bench, there are a lot more deserving than House.

If they have reason to believe House was taking plays off and Gratz is an upgrade, that's fine, I just don't see it but I'm not a coach either.

Just think this is an odd place to start benching players with.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I guess what bothers me most is that of all people to bench, there are a lot more deserving than House.

If they have reason to believe House was taking plays off and Gratz is an upgrade, that's fine, I just don't see it but I'm not a coach either.

Just think this is an odd place to start benching players with.

This benching is a joke.  Watch how long it takes before House is back in his spot. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:This benching is a joke.  Watch how long it takes before House is back in his spot. 
Sweet. So now we have a coach that benches the wrong player as a joke?

Why even bench him in the first place? It's not sending a message. A message would be flat out benching Beadles, Clemons and Branch. Cutting Myers and bringing in a new kicker.

Quote:What the hell is your infatuation with me? Everything I say is wrong to you? I didn't like Gus from the start I don't look like I was too off now do I. You just can't stand the fact that I won't slob on bortles jock like you do. Lol at praising a 300/3/3int with one being a pick six in a loss. Step it up!

You made a post and I commented. This is a message board. Don't worry, no one is infatuated with you.

What does anything you said above have to do with my comment? You always deflect.

Quote:Sweet. So now we have a coach that benches the wrong player as a joke?

Why even bench him in the first place? It's not sending a message. A message would be flat out benching Beadles, Clemons and Branch. Cutting Myers and bringing in a new kicker.

There's a thread that was started after the last game dedicated to benching House. 

Did they bench the wrong player?  Not according to 5 pages of posts on the subject.

Quote:There's a thread that was started after the last game dedicated to benching House. 

Did they bench the wrong player?  Not according to 5 pages of posts on the subject.
Couple village idiots don't speak for the majority of this fan base.

Quote:People on this message board demanded accountability.  Someone is now held accountable.  Time to be outraged about someone being held accountable.  Harrumph!
This isn't holding someone accountable. It's firing a guy in the mailroom because the CEO is an idiot.