Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:back on topic, its weeks old but who cares we need to keep on topic

[Image: dhzjyc.gif]
You noticed how he beat the block

That isn't happening in the NFL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You noticed how he beat the block

oh really? you wanna bet $100 on that?

More than willing, he wont get more than 5 sacks off of that.

Once he runs into a physical quick tackle, he will get shut down

Besides that one play on that michigan rb, lewan shut him down for most of the day

Quote:More than willing, he wont get more than 5 sacks off of that.

Once he runs into a physical quick tackle, he will get shut down

Besides that one play on that michigan rb, lewan shut him down for most of the day
you said he wont beat the block in the nfl and when he does you owe me $100? deal.

under 10 sacks then its a deal

Quote:under 10 sacks then its a deal
lol not what you said bro, heres what you said. 

[Image: Barry-Yes.gif]

Quote:true but i was talking about his college career where he'd been dominant, when hes in the nfl he will have to put 100% to have the same success in college, it seems hes just coasting until he get to the pros. its a concern for sure but to say he has a crappy motor is a stretch if hes dominating.
Just because he has to give 100%, doesn't mean he will, and that's where the concern lies.

I think Clowney will be a top 5 defensive player in the league for a long, long time, but I can't say that doesn't concern me.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

It was a bobbled snap too...the rb didn't get the ball in time to cutback...
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Just because he has to give 100%, doesn't mean he will, and that's where the concern lies.

I think Clowney will be a top 5 defensive player in the league for a long, long time, but I can't say that doesn't concern me.
If you don't play 100% every snap, especially in a league where O-lineman are matching d-linemans athleticism, you wont even be a top 10 player

Quote:lol not what you said bro, heres what you said. 

[Image: Barry-Yes.gif]
Ill clarify, it wont happen consistently, not at the rate it happened in college

Quote:Ill clarify, it wont happen consistently, not at the rate it happened in college
awww now youre just being realistic  :unsure:

Quote:awww now youre just being realistic  :unsure:
The problem is that he doesnt take on blocks particular well against physical tackles

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I was offered a position writing draft stuff over at blackandteal.com . I'll be posting most of my breakdowns over there from now on.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 10:30 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I was offered a position writing draft stuff over at blackandteal.com . I'll be posting most of my breakdowns over there from now on.
Traitor..... :whistling:

Just joking. Congrats Kodiak!

Please do a write up of TB vs Houston and feel free to copy/paste it here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If you don't play 100% every snap, especially in a league where O-lineman are matching d-linemans athleticism, you wont even be a top 10 player
Agreed. Which is why everyone should be concerned about Clowney.

I would still have no problems with us picking him

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013, 12:38 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

There's really no point in posting in this thread until the Jaguars win another game. Tampa will most likely finish with 3 wins at least, and Clowney has no shot of ending up in Jacksonville as the standings currently sit. As of now, Teddy Bridgewater will be a Jaguar.

Quote:There's really no point in posting in this thread until the Jaguars win another game. Tampa will most likely finish with 3 wins at least, and Clowney has no shot of ending up in Jacksonville as the standings currently sit. As of now, Teddy Bridgewater will be a Jaguar.
no shot? i would say 90/10 in favor of teddy. 

Who the heck cares about his effort? Clowney plays plenty hard enough to be a very good pro bowl caliber defensive end. Those last two words are the problem however, he's a defensive end.

JJ Watt is literally putting together the two greatest defensive seasons in NFL history. Clowney has less than a 10% chance to have the all around impact that Watt is having right now. The Texans started off the season with an NFL record two straight last play, walkoff TD victories...or else they would be 0-10 right now. And that's with the dude playing the best defense that the league has ever seen.

I can promise you with zero doubt whatsoever that if the Seahawks offered Russell Wilson for JJ Watt straight up the Texans would have Watt on a plan to Seattle in a heartbeat. It's no fault of Clowney that he's not going to be the #1 pick, it's just the nature of any position that isn't QB. 

Take the QB, always. 

Quote:Who the heck cares about his effort? Clowney plays plenty hard enough to be a very good pro bowl caliber defensive end. Those last two words are the problem however, he's a defensive end.

JJ Watt is literally putting together the two greatest defensive seasons in NFL history. Clowney has less than a 10% chance to have the all around impact that Watt is having right now. The Texans started off the season with an NFL record two straight last play, walkoff TD victories...or else they would be 0-10 right now. And that's with the dude playing the best defense that the league has ever seen.

I can promise you with zero doubt whatsoever that if the Seahawks offered Russell Wilson for JJ Watt straight up the Texans would have Watt on a plan to Seattle in a heartbeat. It's no fault of Clowney that he's not going to be the #1 pick, it's just the nature of any position that isn't QB. 

Take the QB, always. 

Same thing you said at #2 last year.

Take the QB if it is Teddy Bridgewater. Don't take the QB "always". You don't waste a pick on a scrub QB like Geno Smith just because he is a QB.

Quote:no shot? i would say 90/10 in favor of teddy. 

Phrase it this way -- you actually think there's a 10% chance that David Caldwell passes on a QB if he has the first pick in this draft?

10% is a lot.