Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all you tankers...

Quote:?

The defense has been playing great for weeks, MJD looks better, Gus coaching is better what are you talking about

LOL.  They got torched by Carson Palmer.  I think you are having some serious memory lapses bud.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Go buy some a Midol, Nancy.

haha, this all you got? 

You are just upset because you know what I said was the truth and you cannot dispute it. 

Quote:So let's break down the bibber:

Bibber allegedly wants to win.

Bibber says that winning games is bad.

Bibber says that winning is losing, and losing is winning.

So, when bibber says that they want to win, does it mean that they actually want to win, or do they want to lose?

They say it's about long term winning, so I hear. Here's the problem though. Bibber has so confused the definition of winning and losing, that nobody can trust that they actually want to win long term. I truly believe that they want to lose long term. It fits what bibber does, which is be bibber.

Now, isn't it a whole lot simpler to just want a team to win or lose? I want the Jags to win every gameday, every FA period, and every draft. I know this is a concept that bibber will never understand, but it's completely possible to stay on one side of the fence.

The queen of the bib brigade will complain either way. It's just what he does.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Because next year isnt year 1. Even without a franchise QB I dont think we will have one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL. This is our only year with a shot at the top pick, so we need to get it when we can.

And no, the Texans are guaranteed the top pick next year.

Are we not allowed to trade up? Dave Caldwell proved he's not in ATL.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM by atburg.)

Quote:Not genius, just basic math actually. It just confused you more. Not much I can do about that though.
Sure you can, give me another of those lottery winner stories that I had to go back 4 whole years to blow apart.

Thing I really love is you fail to answer my question! How many #1 picks have brought a team to a championship? Not too hard, google it in your searchbar. I could do it, but im not the one crying about the win. As far as your original 1 in 4 post, you have 0 facts to base your comments on!

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:41 PM by Haterade.)

As long as we're in the top 4 (top tier), we'll have a surefire stud: Teddy, Clowney, Barr, or Matthews.

What happens if the Vikings tie in terms of draft spots?
Shock the world

Quote:What do you mean? If they don't get the #1 overall pick, they don't have the chance to get the best player in the draft, and there's no one else who might be able to help the team outside of 1 player per draft.

Do you wanna be winning 7 games every year or do you wanna be in the playoffs every year, thats the difference a franchise QB makes, thats why people want to get the best prospect, get that thru your thick skull.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:If we're not going to be bad enough for Teddy then we won't be bad enough for Jameis. Our arrow is pointing up. Trade into the 1st for Johnny
I know we aren't going to be bad enough, that's why we should throw the games, right? That's whats all the tankers tell us, meaningless wins take away your chances of getting a QB, why take the risk on Bridgewater? Winston is widely regarded as the best QB in college football right now, why take a risk on Bridgewater when we wont have as much risk with Winston?

Quote:Are we not allowed to trade up? Dave Caldwell proved he's not in ATL.

Trade up to the 1st pick? Thats were WInston is going, and why would the top team trade it?

Quote:haha, this all you got? 

You are just upset because you know what I said was the truth and you cannot dispute it.

I'm not upset. What you said is the kind of logic one comes to expect from those who are perennial losers in life's lottery. Get your whining in quick. The night shift at McDonalds awaits you.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:49 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:I fail to see a team showing the kind of improvement we all were hoping to see late in the season as a bad thing.

I'm also not convinced this love for Bridgewater is warranted. We might be doing ourselves a favor by winning.

As a fan, I am happy to see this team proving the critics wrong when they labeled this the worst team in the history of the league. I'm happy to see the team proving the critics wrong that Bradley's coaching style isn't effective.

Some Jag fans are in a perpetual state of PMS. They must find things to be angry about, even in a win.
/\/\

This......I didn't see any Texan's happy about losing to us and I bet they would trade places if they could.

What the clots did was a once in a blue moon thing and trying to imitate them is a fool's errand.

and the pundits aren't giving much credit to a team that has gone from losing by double digits to two straight road wins against two

opponents that were supposed to dominate the lowly Jags.

Yeah clots and 'horns....we might be bad..... but,  we beat yer' butts. :woot:

Congratulations Jags! :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:As long as we're in the top 4 (top tier), we'll have a surefire stud: Teddy, Clowney, Barr, or Matthews.
Why the heck would we pick Matthews? So we can trade Jockel?

Quote:Do you wanna be winning 7 games every year or do you wanna be in the playoffs every year, thats the difference a franchise QB makes, thats why people want to get the best prospect, get that thru your thick skull.

And clearly there's only 1 franchise QB per 65 years.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:To all those tankers for number 1 pick.   let me say this.  Joe Montana and Steve Young combined to win 7 Super bowls.   Neither was the number 1 pick.   Sorry some of you weren't thought of at that time.  Or too young to remember. 

So no I will not hope for us to tank.

Joe Flacco was drafted with the 18th pick.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted with the 24th pick.

Drew Brees was drafted with the 64th pick.

Ben Roethlisberger was drafted with the 11th pick.

Tom Brady was drafted with the 199th pick.

Brad Johsnon was drafted with the 227th pick.

Trent Dilfer was drafted with 6th pick.

Kurt Warner was undrafted.

The only QBs drafted with the 1st pick to win a Super Bowl since 2000 are the Mannings.

I don't understand the #1 pick or bust movement. It doesn't guarantee you anything. Bridgey could end up being a JaMarcus Russell.

Quote:Trade up to the 1st pick? Thats were WInston is going, and why would the top team trade it?

Oh really? You don't think pending rape charges might cause his stock to fall?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Maybe you "enlightened ones" can explain to me how you want to win, but are at the same time angry because the team won.

You both are an insult to simple logic.
They have crystal balls and can see the future Dakota.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I know we aren't going to be bad enough, that's why we should throw the games, right? That's whats all the tankers tell us, meaningless wins take away your chances of getting a QB, why take the risk on Bridgewater? Winston is widely regarded as the best QB in college football right now, why take a risk on Bridgewater when we wont have as much risk with Winston?

Wins are great if they are showing actual improvement.  Quality wins.  Wins are great if you have a foundation on which you plan to build your team. The reality is that this roster was gutted and Caldwell has NOT YET put that foundation into place.  There is no significant perceived improvement that matters this year.  Joekel is out.  Blackmon is gone.  This roster is filled to the brink with practice squad scrubs.

Quote:And clearly there's only 1 franchise QB per 65 years.
When you have a chance to get one you get him, that just dont happen often with 32 teams.

Quote:So, tankers, who would you rather have, Bridgewater or Winston? Winston is as highly touted as any QB ive seen in the college level, and he is only a RS freshman.

So why would you want to tank for Teddy, but not Winston? If we take Teddy, wont that mean the Texans will get Winston next year?

Why aren't you advocating taking Clowney/ Barr and tanking for Winston next year?

There's no guarantee that Winston comes out next year.  And three years of sub-4 wins?  Are you really going to advocate that as a "A win is good!" person?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.