Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Man, I do miss those Florida Rednecks sometimes...

These guys could definitely be in Swamp People.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Howdy all, what have I missed? How's everyone?

Quote:I'll be stitches-free and bandage-free for the first time in 3 weeks by 11:30. Woo-hoo!!

This one on my face is itching like hell though with the stubble growing through it. It's driving me bonkers. It's like some new form of torture.

Rico, I've had a few similar procedures done and you might want to ask your doc about getting a cream to dissolve the hairs under the scar tissue for a bit. I had a huge problem with stubble not being able to break through the new scar tissue for about the first month after stitches came out.

Quote:Well we had some excitement this morning. I live in a somewhat upscale neighborhood. But back in my corner of the development, it is completely rural in back of me and across the retention pond. Seems the good ole boys that live in the single-wide across the retention pond caught the woods on fire. We were the ones that had to call the fire department. It was still blazing (and spreading) when I left for work.

Ugh singlewide rednecks,I consider myself upscale cause we rock a double wide
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Howdy all, what have I missed? How's everyone?

Wait, what are you doing here? We're still trying to raise your bail money.

Damn it shouldve opted for the lazy day now I finished my outside chores and the wife is making us go see her stuuuuupid brother. If I was drunk and half a bowl deep into pretzels I could get out of this.......

Quote:Wait, what are you doing here? We're still trying to raise your bail money.

We are?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Damn it shouldve opted for the lazy day now I finished my outside chores and the wife is making us go see her stuuuuupid brother. If I was drunk and half a bowl deep into pretzels I could get out of this.......

See? The first step to failure is to try. Just look where that got ya.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:We are?!

Or was it for a kidney transplant?  

I forget...

Quote:You know, while my wife and I were watching the fire burn we were hearing popping that sounded a lot like gunfire.  We were thinking that maybe it was the pine trees popping.  But now that I see this, I will bet you it was this guy's ammo cache.  We hear all kinds of activity back there during the week.

And to continue the saga....

The fire marshal stopped by to talk to my wife since she reported the fire.  He said that it took them a while to get everything under control because...no surprise to me....the 'utility shed' was filled with ammo.  Also, they had trouble getting to the blaze because of a locked gate.  And, they cannot get in touch with the owner.  All this and the fact that a fire suddenly starts in a utility shed that has no power running to it makes me think that I'll be hearing more about this in the future.

Fun stuff.  At least nobody was hurt.

Quote:Wait, what are you doing here? We're still trying to raise your bail money.

What can I say? I like to party.

Sitting here watching their home videos on this "new" house they got gifted ugh I should be drunk right now

Quote:And to continue the saga....

The fire marshal stopped by to talk to my wife since she reported the fire. He said that it took them a while to get everything under control because...no surprise to me....the 'utility shed' was filled with ammo. Also, they had trouble getting to the blaze because of a locked gate. And, they cannot get in touch with the owner. All this and the fact that a fire suddenly starts in a utility shed that has no power running to it makes me think that I'll be hearing more about this in the future.

Fun stuff. At least nobody was hurt.

Seem's like it's only a matter of time until that changes.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 08:49 AM by RicoTx.)

Well, there is that...

Somehow, that housing development that we have been fighting to keep from being built on his property, doesn't seem like as bad of an idea as we originally thought.

**Frustration Alert**

I've been enrolled on a vocational qualification. It's in business management and is quite a decent level of qualification, all totally funded but my employer. The thing is, I'm not very business or management minded, a lot of it is to do with micro-managing and budget control.. The thing is, I work for my local Ambulance Service, so it's not relevant... I also have to use a lot of IT skills, problem is, other than internet browsing and social media, I'm not very technology minded.

I'm no seeking help or sympathy (like I'd get it here anyway :yucky: ) - It's just nice to have a rant!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:**Frustration Alert**

I've been enrolled on a vocational qualification. It's in business management and is quite a decent level of qualification, all totally funded but my employer. The thing is, I'm not very business or management minded, a lot of it is to do with micro-managing and budget control.. The thing is, I work for my local Ambulance Service, so it's not relevant... I also have to use a lot of IT skills, problem is, other than internet browsing and social media, I'm not very technology minded.

I'm no seeking help or sympathy (like I'd get it here anyway :yucky: ) - It's just nice to have a rant!

I hate micromanaging

Quote:I hate micromanaging

I'm absolutely terrible at management and business talk too! Hate it, I always sound like I'm on The Office when I try it.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM by The Drifter.)

The Problem with the world is everyone is a few drinks behind........

Bogart from The Maltese Falcon

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Well, there is that...

Somehow, that housing development that we have been fighting to keep from being built on his property, doesn't seem like as bad of an idea as we originally thought.

Oops.  Sorry about my shed burning down.   I re-watched Breaking Bad season one last week and got inspired to try something new back there. 

Didn't pan out.  

Quote:**Frustration Alert**

I'm no seeking help or sympathy (like I'd get it here anyway :yucky: ) - It's just nice to have a rant!

Never turn down training your employer is paying for. Never know what you can take from it or when it might help you in a way you weren't expecting.