Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

How do we just allow terrible play. Bradley should be fired today

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 04:22 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:First off, did you pay any attention to the state of the Jags opponents? Even an inexperienced team should win more than four close games against the schedule the Jags faced, with opposing teams in shambles. It's unlikely the Jags will ever again get such a season-long lucky break with the opposition.

Secondly, as I pointed out earlier, 6 of the Jags defensive front seven are in their fifth or longer year. The defense is not "slap full" of 2nd and 3rd year players, they have four: two 2nd year players and two 3rd year players.

The 1997 Jaguars went 11-5; the defense was 15th in points allowed. That defense had one rookie, one player in his second year, and two in their 3rd. Were they also "slap full"? The DEs were better in 1997, but the LBs and secondary were worse. I know that's hard to believe, but Deon Figures, Dave Thomas, Chris Hudson and Travis Davis was the starting secondary.

Gus Bradley, with better players against the weakest schedule in team history can't get the scoring defense any higher than 28th.
WOW should we go way back to the beginning of time? The game is vastly different now...Wayyyyy back then the biggest problem was stopping the run not so much rushing the passer...yester-year is long gone...it's a new era...football isn't nearly the same as it was 18 years ago

The fact remains we are one of the very youngest teams in the league and teams with as many 2nd 3rd year players and a handful of FA don't win many games...we just aren't good enough even against crappy teams...some of you have unrealistic expectations of youth vs experience

I hope Khan was watching this pitiful show by his coach today.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Legit chance at playoffs. Lose back to back games vs two win teams.

Yup.

Can you believe this team? What is it with this franchise? I dont believe in curses but this is ridiculous. Can any explain?

WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH 

You word it like "and we wonder" as if it obvious and you have the answers, and then you ask us what the answer is...

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 05:13 PM by AP06.)

Mike Mularkey has just beaten gus when you have had franchise record breaking production from the offense and Bortles.

I understand you are waiting until the offseason to make a head coaching change. Please, at this point, decide that Gus is gone. I'm fine waiting to get a great coaching staff here to fit the strengths of the franchise.

You fired Mularkey. Good job. You gave three years to Gus, own that mistake and get us the best staff to move our franchise forward.

WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH

WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH

Gus didn't hike that bad snap. Gus didn't do dumb offsides, enroachment, pass interference. This team still needs more talented players.

Gus decides who plays! He's responsible for all aspects of the game.

Its about the culture and continuity. Lets give it another year and let Caldwell get more talent on the D, olline and kicker this offseason.

Quote:Its about the culture and continuity. Lets give it another year and let Caldwell get more talent on the D, olline and kicker this offseason.
thanks tony

Quote:Gus didn't hike that bad snap. Gus didn't do dumb offsides, enroachment, pass interference. This team still needs more talented players.

I'm not big on saying fire everyone. But I will say that Gus is responsible for having the defense better prepared to play. Can't give up 40+ points to a 2 win team.

Bring back jack !

Quote:Its about the culture and continuity. Lets give it another year and let Caldwell get more talent on the D, olline and kicker this offseason.

Wrong.

Quote:Gus didn't hike that bad snap. Gus didn't do dumb offsides, enroachment, pass interference. This team still needs more talented players.
No, he didn't; but he did coach the buffoons who did go out do those things. He is the HC, so that makes him accountable. 

Foolishness aside this defense is a mirage.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Gus decides who plays! He's responsible for all aspects of the game.
precisely.