Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Nfl Network just said #Arizona doing everything they can to keep Irving away from #Atlanta and #Jaguars

Welp.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let the bidding wars begin..............

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 05:25 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Irvin is one of the only players this FA I'd be ok with overpaying....

GO JAGS!!

Arizona has a total of $16 million in cap space. If we really want Irvin, we can outbid them.

Quote:Arizona has a total of $16 million in cap space. If we really want Irvin, we can outbid them.
Irvin would be dumb to prematurely accept any offer from the Cardinals for this very reason.

Quote:Irvin would be dumb to prematurely accept any offer from the Cardinals for this very reason.

I'm sure he won't or at least his agent won't. Plus Arizona making a push for him doesn't even mean they're in the lead for him; all it means is that they're trying hard to land him. Also if you factor in an entire draft class, Arizona is close to $10 million in cap space.

Really isn't THAT hard to get cap guys. Cards can do some restructuring to make room for Irvin if they want.

Quote:Arizona has a total of $16 million in cap space. If we really want Irvin, we can outbid them.
I do not advocate us offering Bruce Irvin more than 16 million a year.

For real though, it's sooooo easy to create cap space or structure the deal that will be low cap hits early on. Point being, if they really want to be together they will be together, and there isn't much we can do about it. 

I don't think he's getting 16 mil/year offers. Last I heard it 9.5 mil/year. AZ probably going to offer 10.5/11 mil. We could easily do a liitle higher; which I'm good with. 16 mil a year, no way. At least I don't think so lol

GO JAGS!!

It will be a couple of long days, competition on the market is huge and it'll be tough. Patience guys, patience.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 05:53 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:I do not advocate us offering Bruce Irvin more than 16 million a year.

For real though, it's sooooo easy to create cap space or structure the deal that will be low cap hits early on. Point being, if they really want to be together they will be together, and there isn't much we can do about it. 

Ha, neither do I.

Even if they do structure it will a large signing bonus and minimal base, Irvin's still likely to have a cap hit somewhere in the neighborhood of $5-6 million or so, assuming he's netting around $10 million per season. Obviously if he wants go to Arizona he can spurn us to go there, same could be said about every free agent ever. Literally the entire point of free agency is that the player can choose wherever he wants to go.

Im kind of shocked we havent heard much info yet.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin'>Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/706959043160477696'>3m3 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">I'm told the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash'>#Saints</a> and former first-round CB Kyle Wilson have agreed to terms on a one-year deal to keep him in New Orleans.

Quote:Im kind of shocked we havent heard much info yet.

Real g's move in silence like lasagna.
Shock the world

Quote:Real g's move in silence like lasagna.

Truuu

Ha Ha really I just hope rg3 doesnt go to tinhorns. Give him a wide receiver like hopkins. And afc south be a tough place to win out of. Bortles luck rg3 and marriota ya kidding me?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Screw it, pay him $15 million a year if it means we get him. We need TALENT on defense. We have a ton of room. Who cares if the empty suits write articles that we overpaid. Right now, we are perennial losers so we need to use the only advantage we have. Money.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 05:57 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:Screw it, pay him $15 million a year if it means we get him. We need TALENT on defense. We have a ton of room. Who cares if the empty suits write articles that we overpaid. Right now, we are perennial losers so we need to use the only advantage we have. Money.

We are probably going to have to settle on 2nd tier free agents. Too much competition, especially if we dont want to overpay.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/706962072127541248' title="4:57 PM - 7 Mar 2016">28s28 seconds ago</a>

<p class="">Have seen mention NYG wants JPP back on a one-year deal only. Not exclusive to them. Other teams and even JPP himself thinking one year.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 06:01 PM by Kotite.)

This is not the offseason to brag about the discount you got on a ham sandwich. If we aren't swinging for the fences THIS offseason what the Hell are we doing? We need a nicer cut of meat on this roster.
Only a chump boos the home team!