Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Agree, Brandon Marshall ran a 4.81 at his pro day. Im still high on Brothers and Wright and hope 1 of them fall to the 3rd

I'm a fan of Scooby myself. He's just a football player. He might not light up a combine like environment but if you turn on his tape then you know what you are getting.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What would it take to trade up 2 spots? I don't think I am of a fan trading up.
I think Dave would  be down barring a requirement of a future first. According to Walterfootball's calculator, we could do it by simply trading our second round pick, which in this draft I don't think would be a bad deal. My only problem would be I was Bullard in the second.

Quote:I disagree. Ragland, Matakevich, Wright, Morrison, Brothers, and Martinez are all guys who can go between rounds 2-4 and provide immediate impact. On top of that Trevathian is still out there and im sure a team like the Seahawks can afford to draft Jaylon Smith as well and redshirt him for a year.
None of them would upgrade anything about the ILB position for this team. Hell, all of their ceilings are probably Posluszny and most can only hope they end up being anywhere near as good as him, other than Ragland, and he will be long gone by the time we pick.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I'm a fan of Scooby myself. He's just a football player. He might not light up a combine like environment but if you turn on his tape then you know what you are getting.
And the guy can rush the passer on top of that so thats a plus

Quote:Sweezy drawing interest from Bucs, Jaguars

J.R. Sweezy | SEA

(March 7, 2016 8:23 PM EST)

The Tampa Bay Times reports free agent OG J.R. Sweezy "has drawn attention" from the Bucs and Jaguars.

Both clubs have a ton of cap space, and bad NFL teams tend to have an affinity for free agents from good teams. Sweezy was a league-average starter at best for the Seahawks, but he appears destined to get overpaid. Sweezy has a connection in Jacksonville, where Gus Bradley landed after leaving Seattle.

SOURCE: TAMPA BAY TIMES

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Can he play center?

Quote: 

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin  7s

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">7 seconds ago

For OG J.R. Sweezy, teams who've expressed interest: #Bucs, #Falcons, #Lions, #Dolphins, #Saints, #49ers, #Jags, #Bears, #Jets, others.

</div>

If this information is correct in that the Lions are interested in J.R. Sweezy,   I believe at least one team is viewing him as a Center.   With Larry Warford and Laken Tomlinson being the Lions starting Guards and the Center position having plenty of uncertainty,   it's much more likely that Sweezy would be viewed as a Center than the team investing heavily in another Guard.   Assuming the Lions have interest in Sweezy at Center,  it's likely one or more other teams do as well.

Quote:I think Dave would be down barring a requirement of a future first. According to Walterfootball's calculator, we could do it by simply trading our second round pick, which in this draft I don't think would be a bad deal. My only problem would be I was Bullard in the second.

None of them would upgrade anything about the ILB position for this team. Hell, all of their ceilings are probably Posluszny and most can only hope they end up being anywhere near as good as him, other than Ragland, and he will be long gone by the time we pick.
Trading a 2nd to move up 2 spots would be an all time bone head move. There are going to be tons of good football players in the 2nd round. No reason to trade up in this draft. Bosa Jack or Ramsey. We good.

No way Dave would do that. No way.

Quote:

None of them would upgrade anything about the ILB position for this team.
Hell, all of their ceilings are probably Posluszny and most can only hope they end up being anywhere near as good as him, other than Ragland, and he will be long gone by the time we pick.

Well I wasn't talking about this team specifically in regards to Marshall but neither would he. I'll go out on a limb and assume that outside of Ragland and Smith you don't know much about any of the other guys I mentioned.

Quote:because other teams want those guys too.

most teams would want those guys to join them.
None of them have anywhere near the money we do, on top of no state income tax. We are also seen as a team on the rise with a good owner, GM, HC, and young franchise QB with stability. Irvin to us seems like a done deal. If Jackson's number 1 priority is the money the Raider's can't compete with us because of the crazy state taxes in Cali. Vernon can stay in Florida by coming here. I think we're in a pretty good position to land all three.

Quote:It wouldn't surprise me if Dave pushed hard for a trade up to 3 to get Ramsey if he thinks the Chargers are on him, depending on what happens in FA.

Gross.

Quote:Gross.
Totally agree. Just dumb. He's not trading up.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 09:51 PM by Jagzfanfromiowa.)

I think we land Irvin and Jackson.  The only one I'm curious about is Vernon.  I haven't seen much about him today.  We have plenty of cap space to pursue all 3 aggressively.  I think we spend about 50 to 60 million in cap space on free agents.  You give Vernon and Jackson 15 million/piece, Irvin 11 million and your at 41 million.  You could still throw 10 million at Mario Williams and grab one of the guards that's available, or grab a couple cheaper free agents that are still a position of need.  If we threw 51 million at Vernon, Irvin, Jackson, and Williams, our defense would be so much better.  And what's crazy is that we can afford this, and these players would probably agree to these numbers.  Ultimately I think we want Irvin, Jackson, and Vernon, but will go after Williams if we lose out on Vernon, but we shall see.  Money talks in free agency, and we have a lot of it.

McShay reporting Irvin set to visit JAX on Wednesday

Quote:The Denver Post reports Broncos restricted free agent ILB Brandon Marshall is expected to draw interest from the Dolphins and Seahawks.

Quote:At a 2nd round tender? I'll pass. There's plenty of good LBs in this year's draft.

Also,  the Dolphins and Seahawks don't have stellar salary cap situations.   Investing in a LB in the 2nd or 3rd Round of the draft would seem like a more efficient decision.

Doesn't seem like we're going after secondary players/FS aggressively. Hope it's a sign Dave thinks Ramsey will be there at 5.

Quote:McShay reporting Irvin set to visit JAX on Wednesday
who is mcshay?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:who is mcshay?

Todd McShay of ESPN

Quote:who is mcshay?

Todd McShay,  ESPN Draft Analyst.

Quote:Todd McShay of ESPN
All due respect how would he know about Bruce Irvin plans? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I would be ecstatic if we landed Bruce Irvin. He and fowler and a healthy marks with possibly another draft pick and this pass rush will be fine.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:McShay reporting Irvin set to visit JAX on Wednesday
im guessing to sign the contract? The only reason I can think hes waiting till Wed to visit