Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Jaguars are the Jaguars.

Broncos have to pay Osweiler.

Raiders have big state tax and just drafted Mario Edwards last year. Run a 4-3 defense. 

That leaves the Bears, and that's where he ends up in my opinion.  Reunite with John Fox, same 3-4 scheme I believe. Bears 6th most cap space.

Irvin to Cards.

Mario WIlliams to Giants.

Charles Johnson maybe to Cowboys.
These teams all have more than enough money to blow on 'their guy', and it could easily be perceived by the free agent that they are all closer to contention while being in a better market than Jacksonville. Right or wrong, your scenario isn't too far fetched unfortunately.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Are you new to this?
no i am not and that's insulting to think that about me. I'm just not accustomed to a draft analyst to break free agency news. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Apparently DeMarco Murray will restructure his contract with Tennessee to make it easier on their cap.

Nice move IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:These teams all have more than enough money to blow on 'their guy', and it could easily be perceived by the free agent that they are all closer to contention while being in a better market than Jacksonville. Right or wrong, your scenario isn't too far fetched unfortunately.
So Jacksonville do not have more than enough money to blow on their guy? As i recalled the jags has the most money and is in a state where they have tax breaks that other teams don't at their disposal. As far as bigger market and better team name those other team who has more stars on offense than we do and if the money is right all that other bs is crap. 

Quote:So Jacksonville do not have more than enough money to blow on their guy? As i recalled the jags has the most money and is in a state where they have tax breaks that other teams don't at their disposal. As far as bigger market and better team name those other team who has more stars on offense than we do and if the money is right all that other [BAD WORD REMOVED] is crap.

His point is that a lot of teams have enough money. That negates our advantage in that department.

I do think we will get one premier free agent such as Bruce Irvin. We will take a shot at a few others like last year, but chances Are we don't get all of them.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:no i am not and that's insulting to think that about me. I'm just not accustomed to a draft analyst to break free agency news.

Shouldn't be insulted. If you're not accustomed to it then technically you are "new" to it. You'd be amazed what these FA guys know about players personal lives.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo  3m3 minutes ago

Seahawks have agreed to a three-year deal to retain DT Ahtyba Rubin, source says. Was a priority for them.

</div>

I'm still waiting for numbers of his contract but great news to have him back.

Quote: This could easily end Brandon Mebane's long stay with the Seahawks.   Being that Gus Bradley coached him in Seattle,  he certainly can't be ruled out for the Jaguars. 

I don't know about that. We offered him a contract and I believe Mebane and Lane are our priorities now with Rubin re-signed. It's a good DL class in draft but Carroll prefers veteran DLs so I expect we'll do everything to get Bane back. Irvin is gone (I hope he don't sign with Arizona) and both Sweezy and Okung most likely too so we'll have enough money to keep them.

Quote:Shouldn't be insulted. If you're not accustomed to it then technically you are "new" to it. You'd be amazed what these FA guys know about players personal lives.
Thanks and i appreciate the kind words 

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 08:07 AM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:His point is that a lot of teams have enough money. That negates our advantage in that department.

I do think we will get one premier free agent such as Bruce Irvin. We will take a shot at a few others like last year, but chances Are we don't get all of them.
Right, if we get one home run guy like Julius Thomas was considered to be last year, plus a couple extra base hits like Odrick and Parnell, plus some singles like Skuta...more than fine. 

I'm not even expecting two out of the home run category this year. There's just too much competition in this extraordinarily flooded with cap space market. (I'm not sure yet if Irvin is a home run or extra base hit type)

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 07:59 AM by irontrooper83.)

Quote:Right, if we get one home run guy like Julius Thomas was considered to be last year, plus a couple extra base hits like Odrick and Parnell, plus some singles like Skuta...more than fine. 

I'm not even expecting two out of the home run category this year. There's just too much competition in this extraordinarily flooded with cap space market. (I'm not sure yet if Irvin is a home run or extra base hit type)
I agree with you.

Luckily Tomorrow the wait is over, I hope today some more names-rumours come out as of now the rumours about the offensive line are a bit worrying (at least to me).

I don't think Irvin is a home run but a solid player, not a game changer but better to have him than not since we don't have much depth in that position.

We'll see what Dave can do.

Home run, single, trash heap bargain, I don't care. We need somebody that can rush the passer, no matter the cost. I'm tired of watching QBs sit back there with enough time to make a turkey sandwich. We can not trot out the same horse [BLEEP] defense as last year + a few rookies and expect to compete for the playoffs.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 10:02 AM by Treestone Ice.)

I would choose ham over turkey if I was a QB making sammiches against the Jags D, but that's just my personal preference.

Dave must be keeping his cards close to his vest this tampering period. Not a lot of action being reported.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Home run, single, trash heap bargain, I don't care. We need somebody that can rush the passer, no matter the cost. I'm tired of watching QBs sit back there with enough time to make a turkey sandwich. We can not trot out the same horse [BAD WORD REMOVED] defense as last year + a few rookies and expect to compete for the playoffs.

If we assume Sen'derrick Marks comes back, and Dante Fowler, then if we land just one other guy, that will be three pass rushers that we didn't have last year. 

@RapSheet Today may be about RBs, with markets heating up for Doug Martin, Chris Ivory & Lamar Miller (who #Texans & others have strong interest in)

Quote:His point is that a lot of teams have enough money. That negates our advantage in that department.

I don't think "negates" is the word you're looking for. Having significantly more money that other teams still gives us an advantage in that department. The advantage isn't just gone because other teams have money.

Quote:@RapSheet Today may be about RBs, with markets heating up for Doug Martin, Chris Ivory & Lamar Miller (who #Texans & others have strong interest in)

Would not mind seeing the Jags pursue Miller

;

;

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/alexmarvez'>Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/707213731193884672' title="9:37 AM - 8 Mar 2016">16m16 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Source tells <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX'>@NFLonFOX</a> that <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins'>@MiamiDolphins</a> restructured Jordan Cameron contract from $7.5M to $6M total for '16 season. No extra years added

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707203203562086400' title="8:55 AM - 8 Mar 2016">58m58 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">His new salary is officially in the system RT <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/FieldYates'>@FieldYates</a>: Veteran pay cut: Colts DE Trent Cole. Reduced his base salary from $4.25M to $2M

@mikegarafolo Yes, Jets are nosing around corners of varying price tags. Checked in on Prince Amukamara, others. https://t.co/3qP6i0bLL8