Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Thought today was crazy? 24 hours from now is going to be a frenzy.
This guy was the biggest fish out there though. Regarded as top FA by most after the Normans/Wilkersons/Millers got tagged. The rest will help bolster this signing.

We aren't spending the whole 90M though guys, Hurns we can extend this offseason if we want. A-Rob/Linder/Telvin next year, Bortles next year or the year after, etc. Gotta keep some money around if we're giving out 5 year deals for these guys even if it's front loaded.

I'm expecting 2 more impact pieces based on what people have been saying along with a few decent pieces. Something like Smith/Jenkins/Gipson along with Irvin and a few solid pieces. I just don't see Irvin and Vernon getting signed regarldess of what's being stated. That's be a hell of a lot considering Irvin is 5/50 and Vernon is 5/75 or so most likely. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

@RapSheet The #Dolphins deal with pass-rusher Mario Williams should come today, sources says, and it's expected to land him $8M per year.

Its been quit on Irvin

Irvin is happening. I would think Jenkins and Gipson would be a higher priority than Vernon at this point.

Quote:Its been quit on Irvin
Not according to that dude from with connections in North Florida. Broke the Malik news like 20 minutes before the Denver guy did. Said to expect Irvin to get done tonight most likely.

Not sure whether to believe him or not, but he did say the deal was close to being finished before the other guy did. Not crazy to predict Malik to JAX after all the reports this morning, but still.

We're apparently going to heavily pursue Olivier Vernon tomorrow from a couple sources. Both of those sources were the first to mention the Jags getting Jackson and Irvin.

Oh man, i'm drooling at the thought of Fowler, Jackson, Miller, Marks, Vernon, and Irvin.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 05:39 PM by Sosa.)

Now we just need to lock up Sean Smith and grab Gipson in FA. 

Draft VH3, Myles Jack, or Ramsey, whichever is available. We'll have one of the best defenses on paper if all of this happens.

Gus wants a plethora of rushers

Give me Janoris Jenkins and Bruce Irvin

If Mario is signed in Miami tonight, dropping the tag on Vernon would be smart, and we may get an answer before 4pm at that point.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mario Williams to Dolphins 8 million per Rapoport. Good deal.

Quote:Mario Williams to Dolphins 8 million per Rapoport. Good deal.
Thank god. I didn't want this guy.

Vernon and Irvin man. Get those dudes to go along with Money Malik.

Also, are we jaded because it's the Jags or are we going crazy like the Redskins used to do? I feel like we are spending a lot but it's money well spent.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 05:56 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Thank god. I didn't want this guy.

Vernon and Irvin man. Get those dudes to go along with Money Malik.

Also, are we jaded because it's the Jags or are we going crazy like the Redskins used to do? I feel like we are spending a lot but it's money well spent.
Judging by Dave's previous signings I'm pretty sure that even after a high dollar guy is structured pretty team friendly.

So if they pull a Haynesworth, we should be ok.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Hope Odrick has already called up his buddy.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah I didn't want Mario either. Something about him right now just seems eh to me.

Bruce Irvin pleaseeeee
Shock the world

Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - After Jackson deal, #Jaguars now only have... the most cap space in the NFL. Still.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/7...3986500608
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - After Jackson deal, #Jaguars now only have... the most cap space in the NFL. Still.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/7...3986500608
But we over spent on him /s 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

@Rand_Getlin #Texans RB Jonathan Grimes will become a free agent when the market opens. The two sides worked on it, but could't agree on a deal.

It will be a long wait for me tomorrow as I'm from Italy and the start of FA tomorrow is 4pm there which makes it 10pm for me here. I will wait all day for great news, beers ready!

This is exciting. Smile

Looks like Phillip Rivers is happy to see Malik headed to the east coast:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sdutgehlken/s...2073959424
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."