Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Holy cow guys, please keep a hold of the reigns just a little. We got Malik and it sounds like we're pretty strong favorites for Irvin, that's fantastic. Now the volcano has erupted and we're all but mortal locks to get Vernon and Smith/Jenkins and Gipson and Allen...despite very cursory rumors at best? There are still almost a billion FA dollars out there and a ton of teams that want these studs. Let's try to keep the lid on a bit for those other guys.

Calm down, Nancy. It was tongue and cheek... Seesh...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Holy cow guys, please keep a hold of the reigns just a little. We got Malik and it sounds like we're pretty strong favorites for Irvin, that's fantastic. Now the volcano has erupted and we're all but mortal locks to get Vernon and Smith/Jenkins and Gipson and Allen...despite very cursory rumors at best? There are still almost a billion FA dollars out there and a ton of teams that want these studs. Let's try to keep the lid on a bit for those other guys.

OK Principal KY.  But why though?  I'm hype till the ink is on the contract for all those guys.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

[Image: tumblr_m9pb7ljKox1qzqdem.gif]

Irvin and Vernon are as good as gold. Prolly a guard and FS and maybe even a RB too. It's not far fetched. It's the plan.

Is Malik taking Odrick's place?

Quote:Is Malik taking Odrick's place?

I doubt it, I would bet he's taking Marks.

Jackson, Irvin, and Vernon OH MY!

Quote:I doubt it, I would bet he's taking Marks.
So many pass rushers!

Jackson is pretty versatile and can play all over the DLine.

Quote:Irvin and Vernon are as good as gold. Prolly a guard and FS and maybe even a RB too. It's not far fetched. It's the plan.
We are collectively strongly underestimating the market for Vernon. Just because a rumor has surfaced that we are still going to make a push for Vernon doesn't come close to meaning it's good as gold.

Even if we suck in 2016.... For this moment in time, I'd be ecstatic if the Jags signed Jackson, Irvin and Vernon.

Quote:@Gambo987: Cardinals are NOT interested in Seattle FA Linebacker Bruce Irvin.

Arizona radio guy says Cards have dropped out of Irvin sweepstakes.
Lol nice prob cuz hes not interested in them and coming to the Jags lol

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Jeff Allen is probably the signing we've been linked to that I want to happen the most now, assuming the Irvin deal is relatively secure already. Anything to avoid JR [BLEEP] Sweezy...

@charlesrobinson At this point, #Chiefs Sean Smith is going to market. He'll have takers, too. Keep an eye on the #Raiders. https://t.co/1FXi4D7vx0

Nice to see us land Jackson. Still need some more pieces.

Seeing a lot of tweets about people confirming Irvin but not from people I'm familiar with. Can anyone shed light on that if any figures were inducted by anyone

Quote:We are collectively strongly underestimating the market for Vernon. Just because a rumor has surfaced that we are still going to make a push for Vernon doesn't come close to meaning it's good as gold.
We have numerous other advantages as well, prime one being the fact he would be closer to home in Jax than anywhere else that can offer him the kind of money we can as well as the no state income tax. It's really funny watching some of you rail on about he Jags not being able to get players because the rest of the market has money too. It's more in play than just that. Difference between being cautious and a pessimist. It's very likely we can pull in Vernon, and the plan is to get a CB in FA as well. Like they said, it's not far fetched.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Not gonna lie I would prefer Smith over Vernon

Quote:I doubt it, I would bet he's taking Marks.
I imagine he'll split reps at 3 tech w/ Marks and play plenty more snaps pretty much wherever they want to put him.

Quote:I imagine he'll split reps at 3 tech w/ Marks and play plenty more snaps pretty much wherever they want to put him.

that cannot happen I need him to play one position on Madden

I'm glad we passed on Mario,

<div>
<div> 

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>Ed Werder</b> <span><span>@Edwerderespn </span> </span>
<div>Mario Williams had 19 tackles in 823 defensive snaps, 2.3%. Of 332 players with min. 500 snaps, only Chris Clemons (2.27%) had lower pct.

<div>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS'>Pete Prisco ‏@<b>PriscoCBS</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/707354362402762752' title="6:56 PM - 8 Mar 2016">23m23 minutes ago</a>
<p class="">Pete Prisco Retweeted 1010XLT-Wigg

<p class="">Williams isn’t an upgrade over Vernon. Sorry.  

</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>