Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Damn you, beat me to it lol

But you beat me to the beat you to it post.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Guys.. you realize the saints let ivory go.. the jets with no other RB option other than pass down back powell let him go.. you realize hes turning 28 in 2 weeks.. meaning he is past his prime for rbs.. he is now making as much or more money as a backup than younger, better, starting rbs... but of course we must spin this as 100% perfect and anyone questioning the move is clueless and a hater. Some things never change. Is he an upgrade to gerhart? Absolutely.. could we have found an upgrade to gerhart MUCHHHHHH cheaper? Absolutely with no problem

WHY DO YOU CARE HOW MUCH MONEY HE IS MAKING?

It's not your money.

We have plenty of money left over to do whatever the heck we want.  So once again I ask you, why does the money matter one bit?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Guy said Irvin was a lock to Jacksonville.

Most people thought that so won't discredit him there, but still not buying it from a guy like him til it happens.
Apparently the Irvin move caught a lot of people off guard.

Quote:But you beat me to the beat you to it post.

I WON SOMETHING YES!!!

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I have no idea. It's not their money. Lol. People will get mad either way if we don't spend it on players or think we spend too much on them. It's like trying to baptize a cat.

I am mostly upset that we used a gigh 2nd rounder on a RB who is now going to be a mere split carry 10 touch a game max guy.. that is a waste of a high round pick

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 12:01 AM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:WHY DO YOU CARE HOW MUCH MONEY HE IS MAKING?

It's not your money.

We have plenty of money left over to do whatever the heck we want.  So once again I ask you, why does the money matter one bit?

I look at the whole spending money thing like it's good as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot when we have to resign these young guys in a few years. Setting up some type of almost dynasty would be great, but i'd settle for a 2-3 year run too.

Edit: I like the Ivory signing though, meant to put that.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Guys.. you realize the saints let ivory go.. the jets with no other RB option other than pass down back powell let him go.. you realize hes turning 28 in 2 weeks.. meaning he is past his prime for rbs.. he is now making as much or more money as a backup than younger, better, starting rbs... but of course we must spin this as 100% perfect and anyone questioning the move is clueless and a hater. Some things never change. Is he an upgrade to gerhart? Absolutely.. could we have found an upgrade to gerhart MUCHHHHHH cheaper? Absolutely with no problem

Who cares?

Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - Yes, slightly above 49ers. RT @DownerJagFan: @HaysCarlyon #Jaguars still have the most cap space, probably?

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/707413665163644929'>https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/707413665163644929</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I am mostly upset that we used a gigh 2nd rounder on a RB who is now going to be a mere split carry 10 touch a game max guy.. that is a waste of a high round pick

Oh no, competition!!! Ahhhhhh!!!1

I like the Ivory signing.  To the people saying that he is old, he is only 28.  Sometimes you need to bring in guys with experience.  You can't constantly just bring in young guys with no experience and expect them to compete for championships.  This is the reason I like the Ivory signing.  I love Yeldon, and think it will only help him mature/learn quicker with Ivory alongside of him.  Part of that 6m/year is his experience and knowledge he brings to this young team.

Quote:I am mostly upset that we used a gigh 2nd rounder on a RB who is now going to be a mere split carry 10 touch a game max guy.. that is a waste of a high round pick
Heck, 10 carries? He might not even get 8 carries a game now. Time to cut him already and move on with Ivory.

So go take you a shot when you get mad about something about the Jags and stay away from the Modis building, and you're golden. 

Wait you better shoot virgins shots. #odouls

Who could we have found to be a good compliment to Yeldon?

Don't you dare say the draft. No one in the draft is proven, our offense is full of young and potential, we needed a legit proven RB that can pound it up the middle in short yardage situations.He's a perfect fit. So what if he's 28, he's been a backup most of his career. Michael Turner who is superior but regardless was a backup in SD, left for ATL at a similar age to Ivory, and exploded and was a top 5 RB in the league.

Freddy T and MJD.

That worked out fine.

Hopefully we get at least something similar to that level of production from this 1-2.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Man I want to read some interesting stuff here, but all I see is irrelevant arguing over someone else's money.
Shock the world

And yeldon missed what 4 games last year? You're comfortable with shoelace taking over again?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:WHY DO YOU CARE HOW MUCH MONEY HE IS MAKING?

It's not your money.

We have plenty of money left over to do whatever the heck we want. So once again I ask you, why does the money matter one bit?

I never got the "It' not your money so why do you care?" thing. It's like saying, "You're not on the team so why do you care if they win?"

Obviously someone feels the money could be better spent. I don't think there are any sympathizers losing sleep that Shad Khan doesn't have as much money as the day before.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Dameshek'>Dave Dameshek ‏@Dameshek </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Dameshek/status/707414091153801217' title="7:53 PM - 8 Mar 2016">10m10 minutes ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Who you rooting for next January in the AFC title game, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jones_Drew32'>@Jones_Drew32</a>: Your <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>@Jaguars</a> or your <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RAIDERS'>@RAIDERS</a>?

Jags fans: gerhart sucks. Cut him. Upgrade denard.

Jaguars: OK, we got you Chris Ivory

Jags fans: WAHHH YOU SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY DOING WHAT WE WANTED
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I never got the "It' not your money so why do you care?" thing. It's like saying, "You're not on the team so why do you care if they win?"

Obviously someone feels the money could be better spent. I don't think there are any sympathizers losing sleep that Shad Khan doesn't have as much money as the day before.

Who cares about value? It would be one thing if we were strapped for cash but we aren't. We are adding quality players to the team. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Yeldon never got a chance to be the foaline back. We passed in the redzone more than any team in the nfl.. our oline run blocking was awful. Ivory in my opinion is not any better on the goaline than yeldon. Ill say it again, yeldon was one of the best on the goaline in collegiate history.

Its done though so o well, I hope Ivory helps us win but I really want yeldon to be the franchise back we hoped he would be when we drafted him. Get Vernon tomorrow and we can all agree its a big win this off season