Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

I know it shouldn't surprise me anymore, but man there are some many Whiney cry babies on this board. Go pop a midol. Damn.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hey guys....we still lead the NFL in cap space! Why are we arguing about someone else's money again?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I know it shouldn't surprise me anymore, but man there are some many Whiney cry babies on this board. Go pop a midol. Damn.

"We never sign any good FAs!"

"We are paying too much for good FAs!"

Quote:Who cares about value? It would be one thing if we were strapped for cash but we aren't. We are adding quality players to the team. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

You can add more quality players obviously if you do care about value. Smile

Quote:Hey guys....we still lead the NFL in cap space! Why are we arguing about someone else's money again?
Because apparently it's the cool thing to do around here. Piss and moan because we spent someone else's money! Haha.

Quote:Hey guys....we still lead the NFL in cap space! Why are we arguing about someone else's money again?
Gotta find something to complain about right?!!!  :thumbsup:

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 12:10 AM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:You can add more quality players obviously if you do care about value. Smile
With 60M+, we'd have to make some more stupid overpayments to spend the rest of it. Doesn't sound like that's something you or Krazy care for.

Also the improvement of the D plays into ivory signing as well. No more playing from behind means blake doesnt have to chuck it around all game and we can set the pace with lots of carries between these two.

Assuming the defensive rebuild goes accordingly.

Quote:Also the improvement of the D plays into ivory signing as well. No more playing from behind means blake doesnt have to chuck it around all game and we can set the pace with lots of carries between these two.

Assuming the defensive rebuild goes accordingly.

This is a good point

Quote:Yeldon never got a chance to be the foaline back. We passed in the redzone more than any team in the nfl.. our oline run blocking was awful. Ivory in my opinion is not any better on the goaline than yeldon. Ill say it again, yeldon was one of the best on the goaline in collegiate history.

Its done though so o well, I hope Ivory helps us win but I really want yeldon to be the franchise back we hoped he would be when we drafted him. Get Vernon tomorrow and we can all agree its a big win this off season

I don't think Yeldon is a Peterson or Lynch level back. As much as I like him, I do feel we need to be in the 1-2 punch world, and I would definitely like Yeldon to get the higher number of reps, 70/30 or something, but I'm happy with having 2 quality backs.

As for Vernon.... Preach brotha!
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:Jags fans: gerhart sucks. Cut him. Upgrade denard.

Jaguars: OK, we got you Chris Ivory

Jags fans: WAHHH YOU SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY DOING WHAT WE WANTED

Lol perfect.
Shock the world

I would happier to get Smith than Vernon but it would be pumped to get vernon

Tweet from Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) - #Raiders 1 of a bunch of teams with varying levels of interest in RB Chris Ivory. Raiders looking for power back to pair with L. Murray.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/706989240979222528

[BLEEP] for tat.

Your move Oakland...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:With 60M+, we'd have to make some more stupid overpayments to spend the rest of it.

Nobody is saying to spend the rest of it, but you have to imagine there is a line drawn in there somewhere that the team doesn't want to spend past. Every dollar not overspent is a dollar that can go towards another player... Or a dollar that can go towards overspending for high end difference makers in future years. It may be the difference in signing or not signing a Gipson or Weddle or other 2nd or 3rd tier free agents. Its not a crazy concept.

Yeldon a quarter of the year due to injuries.  I believe he's also had some nagging injuries in college.  Not saying he is "fragile freddy" or anything like that, but I am glad the team went out and got another very good RB.  You need at least 2 in this league.

I'm done watching Toby, and frankly I'm done watching the old running QB wearing #16 try to be a running back. 

Give it to TJ and give it to Ivory.  

Oh, and please don't let that fast Auburn RB touch the ball again.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:This is a good point
Yeldon and Ivory are going to tire defenses the [BLEEP] out

And if they dare load the box the allens will make em pay.

We need a true RDE... fowler was going to b that but hes now a rookie coming off acl tear.. vernon is definitely a must get and huge need.. i loved smith coming out of college, some might remember me aaying how good he would be, and i would love to get him as well, but vernon is needed more

Quote:Nobody is saying to spend the rest of it, but you have to imagine there is a line drawn in there somewhere that the team doesn't want to spend past. Every dollar not overspent is a dollar that can go towards another player... Or a dollar that can go towards overspending for high end difference makers in future years. It may be the difference in signing or not signing a Gipson or Weddle or other 2nd or 3rd tier free agents. Its not a crazy concept.

we can sign gipson or waddle tomorrow and not worry about it one bit.

We can give Weddle a 2 year 30 million dollar deal fully guaranteed and we'd still be fine salary cap wise.

Relax.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:we can sign gipson or waddle tomorrow and not worry about it one bit.

We can give Weddle a 2 year 30 million dollar deal fully guaranteed and we'd still be fine salary cap wise.

Relax.
YAAASSSS! MORE WADDLE PLEASE!!!

Quote:Yeldon and Ivory are going to tire defenses the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out

And if they dare load the box the allens will make em pay.

We need one solid OL signing to really help the run game... If/when we lock that up... My god.... Yeldon/Ivory vs Allen/Allen/Thomas... Pick your poison.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance