Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:I'd imagine even though no contact was supposed to happen, that we dropped out of the Irvin sweepstakes because we already have confirmation that Vernon is interested in coming to Jacksonville.  I'm still expecting the Dolphins to take the tag of this morning sometime, only makes sense.  They might as well receive draft pick compensation instead of nothing.
Get Malik Jackson, Fowler, Marks and Telvin on the phone with Vernon... Let him know it's about to go down with Jack/Ramsey as well. Giants are fading with Eli.... Lez do this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Janoris Jenkins expected to sign with the Giants.

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...8020638720

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:We've said it on this board and Dan Hicken said it on the radio this morning.

People complain the Jaguars never spend money. The Jaguars spend money and people complain they spent too much money.
Well a caller was just trying to explain to Dan and Skip that Chris Ivory is a better running back then Mark Ingram.

They didn't want to here it but Ivory is clearly better.

Eagles-Dolphins trade on hold due to failed phyical...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...sf22226396

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Well a caller was just trying to explain to Dan and Skip that Chris Ivory is a better running back then Mark Ingram.

I tend to think Ingram would be a star on a different team that would actually lean on him and give him an O-line better than Nola did.

Ingram on the Jets last year probably does better than Ivory did... imo.

Quote:@JasonLaCanfora Giants still have $$ to spend. Expected to make a concerted effort to land Olivier Vernon one way or another

Oh boy

You will need a double dose of Mylanta now

;

;

I don't see any scenario where NY can lure Vernon away from us. Stranger things have happened, I just don't see it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We really need Vernon. If not I can see us drafting Bosa

Quote:I tend to think Ingram would be a star on a different team that would actually lean on him and give him an O-line better than Nola did.

Ingram on the Jets last year probably does better than Ivory did... imo.
I disagree Ingram was great in college but isn't worth more then two yards a carry. Ivory runs stronger and more explosive.

Irvin also a good receiving back.

Quote:I don't see any scenario where NY can lure Vernon away from us. Stranger things have happened, I just don't see it

I didn't see Bruce Irvin joining the circus in Oakland either..
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I don't see any scenario where NY can lure Vernon away from us. Stranger things have happened, I just don't see it
I didn't think Oakland would lure away Bruce Irvin either.

Quote:I didn't see Bruce Irvin joining the circus in Oakland either..

True, but we also weren't going all in on him like we are going to with Vernon
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Maybe he wants to play for a model, big market franchise instead of a perennial loser.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Players of interest left for Jags

Vernon

Sean Smith

Gipson

Waddle 

Jeff Allen

JR Sweezy

Reggie Nelson

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Maybe he wants to play for a model, big market franchise instead of a perennial loser.

He wants the most money, he's pretty much said that flat out. Especially taxes considered, the only way NY beats us on that is if Dave caps his value significantly lower than NY does
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

They still have over 30 mil in cap space, and it is NYC...which I've heard is somewhat attractive to young, very rich celebrities. 

Quote:  That certainly makes sense.  The Jags excellent salary cap situation gives the organization the luxury of putting these type of contracts together. 
Yea the contract is really a 2 year deal, this isnt basketball where all the years are guaranteed

And Ivory has always been on teams where they rotated RBs with the Saints and Jets  

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:They still have over 30 mil in cap space, and it is NYC...which I've heard is somewhat attractive to young, very rich celebrities. 

As is state income tax free Florida for a guy from Florida.

;

;

Quote:Well a caller was just trying to explain to Dan and Skip that Chris Ivory is a better running back then Mark Ingram.

Don't worry, they are on to "Snore with the Tour."

Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Quote:True, but we also weren't going all in on him like we are going to with Vernon

In an auction environment, anything is possible.
Only a chump boos the home team!