Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:I've got a bad feeling we are going to miss out on Vernon. Either that or it may be the tacos I had last night

Same feeling. Pork chops..
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't see this as a similar situation, Irvin was just assumed based on all the things he was saying and doing on twitter. People just put it hand in hand.
He obviously wanted us more than we wanted him. 

Quote:Tweet from Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) - Patriots were in play for Marvin Jones and the Bengals tried hard to get him back before the Lions snagged him (@diannaESPN on the Det news)

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/707583063736328193'>https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/707583063736328193</a>

Thanks,  knarnn.

The fact that the Patriots were interested in Marvin Jones (  at a lower price )  doesn't surprise me being that Bob Quinn apparently ending up winning the services for Jones.  Quinn was their Pro Personnel Director. 

As for the Bengals,  as mentioned earlier this morning in this thread,  they appear to have retained S George Ikola,  another player the Lions reportedly had serious interest in.

Quote:We were also for Irvin.
Pretty sure I said "We'll see".
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:Iloka went back to the bengals for chump change ugh
Glocky not happy. 

Quote:Iloka went back to the bengals for chump change ugh
He wanted to stay. He could have got more...can't blame a player for that.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 11:27 AM by Vicbow Rules.)

How come there hasn't been any new Vernon news in the last 3 minutes? ughh

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Thats not a bad price for Iloka I reckon

Considering that at least 5 teams apparently had serious interest in George Iloka,  it's less than I thought he would end up getting assuming the above report proves to be accurate.

Chris Ivory got more money than Iloka...what a steal

Quote:Chris Ivory got more money than Iloka...what a steal

Probably a hometown discount.

Quote:Dolphins love "building" through free agency and busting in the draft.

Its their "thing"
with the way this FA is going rn....pot meet kettle

Quote:Chris Ivory got more money than Iloka...what a steal

In fairness, the only place I saw that the Jags wanted or should pursue Iloka was on this message board.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Glocky not happy.
im a big ol pile of salt right now he was at the top of my list.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 11:37 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Why on Earth are the Dolphins happy to let a good young pass rusher go and replacing him with an old guy who obviously gave up last year.

Because they're not smart and don't have a long term approach; "smart" teams build through the draft and do their best to lock up their homegrown talent early in the process with the hopes of locking up said talent at a discount, there is risk in doing this but the reward is bigger. The Dolphins have lost a lot of young talent (Vontae Davis, Jared Odrick, Olivier Vernon, Sean Smith etc..) because they fail to realize this. They inexplicably let their young guys walk only to replace them with veteran stopgaps, those stopgaps are usually expensive, this is why the Dolphins (every off-season) spend a lot of money in free agency, it's an idiotic approach that keeps that team mediocre with cap problems, thank god we have Shahid Khan as an owner, his patience is the reason the Jags have this incredible opportunity.

Quote:Dolphins love "building" through free agency and busting in the draft.

Its their "thing"

They actually draft quite well, the problem is they almost never lockup their homegrown talent.

Quote:I've got a bad feeling we are going to miss out on Vernon. Either that or it may be the tacos I had last night

Stop living in fear and start expecting good things to happen to this organization. the #becausejaguars thing is over, it's a new day.

Quote:In fairness, the only place I saw that the Jags wanted or should pursue Iloka was on this message board.
We are not going after a SS anyways, they like Cyp and Sample

We want a FS

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Stop living in fear and start expecting good things to happen to this organization. the #becausejaguars thing is over, it's a new day.
What brand of coffee do you drink? Must have someSmile

Quote:Stop living in fear and start expecting good things to happen to this organization. the #becausejaguars thing is over, it's a new day.

I think this is half the people on this message board watching free agency news

[Image: giphy.gif]

;

;

Quote:We are not going after a SS anyways, they like Cyp and Sample

We want a FS

Yes. This. Iloka would be basically a waste of a signing and a waste of time trying to sign him. We have bigger needs up front.
Shock the world