Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Things are taking a turn for the worse.

Take a deep breathe bro! We got this.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Things are taking a turn for the worse.

Read the article. He's going to the highest bidder whoever that may be.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think that article is pre free agency.

I have to say that compared to yesterday so far it's not going great for us. Let's hope we are moving under the radar but the best FA seem to be going by the minute.

If it happens, it happens. If not, then oh well. Next man on the list.

Quote:See the time on it? 8:44am

Isn't Twitter's feeds on Pacific Time?   At least from the standpoint of not being signed in to Twitter?

Quote: Isn't Twitter's feeds on Pacific Time? At least from the standpoint of not being signed in to Twitter?

That was a piece posted this morning. Pete Prisco already harped on it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:59 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Dang.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

TE Ladarius Green to Steelers. He good.

My phone's screen is going to have a permanent groove in it from swiping to refresh twitter all week...

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:It was kinda obvious Vernon was gone when NYG was talked about being involved. If anyone thought he was going to pick Jax over NYG when they can offer the same money, that's pure insanity.

I think we are more likely to win big than the Giants. As well as have sustained winning seasons for a longer period.

Quote:It was kinda obvious Vernon was gone when NYG was talked about being involved. If anyone thought he was going to pick Jax over NYG when they can offer the same money, that's pure insanity.

I wonder if he is getting a 100 million dollar contract on slightly under that. I trust Dave to make it happen but if we get outbid Dave is too smart to overspend.

Quote:McLeod is solid. Good fit for Eagles.

The one concern I would have regarding the signing if I was an Eagles fan is both Rodney McLeod and Malcolm Jenkins seem like better fits at FS than at SS.  

Quote:TE Ladarius Green to Steelers. He good.

Underrated player for sure.  

The Steelers likely found a good replacement for Heath Miller,  especially in the passing game. 

Quote: The one concern I would have regarding the signing if I was an Eagles fan is both Rodney McLeod and Malcolm Jenkins seem like better fits at FS than at SS.

Hmm idk. I feel like both of them could play either position. It will be a part of their game plan each week on where they are lined up.
Shock the world

Quote:That was a piece posted this morning. Pete Prisco already harped on it.

It seems like then a bidding war is going on with the Giants and at least one other team.  Very possibly the Jaguars. 

Quote:I wonder if he is getting a 100 million dollar contract on slightly under that. I trust Dave to make it happen but if we get outbid Dave is too smart to overspend.

There is no way that Giants would overpay that much more than us. If he went there, it's because he wanted to go there over the Jags, which countless high value free agents have done. 

I will stand by my word that until Malik Jackson proves it, he's overpaid. I wanted Vernon next to him to help out, but that's not likely at this point and we're going to go into this season hoping Fowler is the answer. I hope to god he is, he was exciting as hell to watch at Florida.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 02:03 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

No there not. Stop listening to rumors cant talk to his agent until 4 pm.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Eagles defense has the potential to be a top 5 unit.

Quote:Hmm idk. I feel like both of them could play either position. It will be a part of their game plan each week on where they are lined up.

In Jim Schwartz's Defense,  the two Safety positions are interchangeable.   Yet,  over the course of a long season,  can both players hold up physically if playing in the box regularly?   Rodney McLeod is listed at 183 lbs.