Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Know I will get bashed, but isn't it possible Gus has a lot to do with guys who are turning their nose up at Jacksonville?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can Jeff Darlington leave Jaguars headquarters? Hes been wrong all week.

Quote:I don't see anyone on here saying Vernon stinks. But he simply isn't worth that kind of money. Do you really want the jags spending that kind of money on a guy that is only going to get 6.5-8 sacks a year? I wanted Vernon, but not at that price.

The honest truth is no one is worth that kind of money, I think we need to throw the "money" out of the window and measure the impact a player has on this team, a guy like Vernon would've had a huge impact on this football team, we haven't had a legitimate edge rusher in over a decade.

Quote:I'm normally with you but this one hurts, it's obviously incredibly rare for a 25 year old pass rusher to hit the market, reports are the Jags were right there in terms of money, Robert Ayers will be 31 when the season starts, he's been productive but how long can he keep it up? There aren't any inspiring edge rushers on the market, this is a bad draft for edge rushers as well. This stings.

It hurts but it happens. We can't sign everyone. Get a stop gap like Ayers and look towards the draft. Spence, Bosa, Ogbah, Calhoun, etc
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Know I will get bashed, but isn't it possible Gus has a lot to do with guys who are turning their nose up at Jacksonville?

I'm sure they are turned off when he says he doesn't care about winning.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:It hurts but it happens. We can't sign everyone. Get a stop gap like Ayers and look towards the draft. Spence, Bosa, Ogbah, Calhoun, etc

Bro, Ayers is terrible.

Quote:Know I will get bashed, but isn't it possible Gus has a lot to do with guys who are turning their nose up at Jacksonville?

Sure. That's why you hold onto your cap space for next off season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

So now the LEO falls on the shoulders of a rookie coming off injury. Unfortunate. We also let a lot of the IOL market dry up. 

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Ayers is 31 in the coming season, not sure I want him to be honest.

Quote:I don't know how Malik got suckered into signing here. He already has a ring so maybe he doesn't mind playing for a joke franchise.

Yeah
Shock the world

Quote:It hurts but it happens. We can't sign everyone. Get a stop gap like Ayers and look towards the draft. Spence, Bosa, Ogbah, Calhoun, etc

Yea at this point I'm pretty much over it, I'd rather allocate some dollars to the secondary, go out and get Sean Smith and TaShaun Gibson.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 06:28 PM by WingerDinger.)

I don't think so.. If anything, I think Gus is actually helping by being a player-friendly HC. Guys apparently want to play for him.. But Its all about the $$$
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 06:28 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I don't think Vernon is worth that kind of money.  Sucks to miss out on him, but I'd rather our GM be sensible rather than just bring in all the biggest name free agents and give all of them outrageous amounts of money.  I think we'll upgrade our defense more in the draft, and make a few more signings as well.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

It's unfortunate what happened with Vernon but we'd look like more of a joke had we signed an above average DE that hasn't consistently played at the level he did to end the season HOF money.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Bro, Ayers is terrible.

He's not terrible but he's going into his age 31 season, will he be worth what the money? There will certainly be a bidding war for his services as he;'s the only edge rusher left on the market.

Dolphins have played us though, we could have grabbed Mario Williams as a stopgap but they grabbed him before we could talk to Vernon.

He had more sacks than Vernon in less games last year. Just saying.

Missing out on Vernon really sucks. It is just so disappointing, especially if we were offering close to what he got paid.

I'm glad that we got Malik and Ivory, but if we don't land some paas rush, O-line, and secondary help it won't matter much.

Now can we help the secondary and ad ayers pleaseeeeeee

Ayers has been below Average his whole career.

Or we can just pack it in and forfeit next season since it seems to be already over for you.