Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

What do you think of bringing in Jahri Evans in as a stop gap guy for a year or 2 while we develop a draft pick?  This would allow us to move Linder over to center.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm sorry man, but you are a Gators fan. You obviously have a man crush on your boy from Florida so there's no talking for real with you. I am not from Florida nor cheer for any team in Florida, it's plain as day that VH3 isn't a prototypical fit and exactly what Gus wants from the CB spot.
Its plain as day that you obviously dont watch Florida and its plain as day you dont know what VH3 is capable of or the way he plays.  He don't have the size but he plays much bigger than that and Gus has already said if they can do what he asked out of the position it dont really matter.  Ramsey wasnt all that great at corner and he has no ball skills.  Ramsey at FS yes, but not over VH3 at corner

Quote:What do you think of bringing in Jahri Evans in as a stop gap guy for a year or 2 while we develop a draft pick? This would allow us to move Linder over to center.

I'd rather just draft a Center.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Would you trade #5 overall to Denver for the 31st pick and Von Miller? Obviously he would have to agree to long term deal.

Quote:Would you trade #5 overall to Denver for the 31st pick and Von Miller? Obviously he would have to agree to long term deal.

In a heart beat
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 10:28 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:What do you think of bringing in Jahri Evans in as a stop gap guy for a year or 2 while we develop a draft pick?  This would allow us to move Linder over to center.
Nah, only interior lineman I'd be happy with now are Geoff Schwartz or Silatolu. Maaaaaybe Ronald Leary too.

Oh yeah, still fine with bringing Wiz back too.

Quote:Would you trade #5 overall to Denver for the 31st pick and Von Miller? Obviously he would have to agree to long term deal.
You would do it without their 1st round pick

Hell yeah.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 10:32 PM by knarnn.)

Tweet from Zack Kelberman (@ZackKelberman) - #Dolphins make low-level signing, hooking former #Jaguars OT Sam Young on a one-year, $760,000 contract. He'll compete for swing role.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ZackKelberman/status/707755205027373057'>https://twitter.com/ZackKelberman/status/707755205027373057</a>

And good riddance.

:thanks:

Yeah I think everyone would be okay with that trade but it will never happen.  I was pretty down that we didn't get Vernon but after watching some highlights of Jackson, Ivory, and Gipson, I am in a much better mood.  This helped me realize how much better we just got today.  We will have a lot more talent on the field next year just in these guys alone, and maybe we will pick up another guy or two.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 10:36 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Its plain as day that you obviously dont watch Florida and its plain as day you dont know what VH3 is capable of or the way he plays.  He don't have the size but he plays much bigger than that and Gus has already said if they can do what he asked out of the position it dont really matter.  Ramsey wasnt all that great at corner and he has no ball skills.  Ramsey at FS yes, but not over VH3 at corner
VH3 is a talent. But you are a gators fan that loves everything Gators and thinks everything they have that makes there way somewhere is gold.

That's fine, I really don't care. 

I've seen tape on each of the top players that we're targeting. VH3 is not the prospect that Ramsey is. There's a reason why Ramsey is getting Charles Woodson like comparisons. You also get guys that fit this scheme perfectly when we're talking #5 in the draft. That's a centerpiece of our team for the next decade.

Maxwell goes from being a stud in Seattle, goes to Philadelphia in a scheme that doesn't fit him well and he flops. It's not just about talent, it's about fit.

Tweet from Zach Roth (@legitzachroth) - @ESPNdirocco What are your thoughts on where the #Jags turn next?

https://twitter.com/legitzachroth/status...2862999552

Tweet from Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) - @legitzachroth Robert Ayers. Plus, I think they're trying to find a guard, too.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/7...2216017920

Quote:Tweet from Zack Kelberman (@ZackKelberman) - #Dolphins make low-level signing, hooking former #Jaguars OT Sam Young on a one-year, $760,000 contract. He'll compete for swing role.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ZackKelberman/status/707755205027373057'>https://twitter.com/ZackKelberman/status/707755205027373057</a>

And good riddance.

:thanks:
The turnstile finds a home....

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 10:36 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Since the legal tampering period begins today, tons of rumors and news should start to fly soon. I think it's a good idea to post tweets in this thread to keep all the free agency news in one place and stop the board from becoming too cluttered with tweets of rumors and things that may not even happen.

REMINDER: Fake tweets and troll accounts will be out in full force this free agency, so be careful of what tweets you're looking at and what you're posting here. To spot fake tweets look at the example below:

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  Mar 5

<p style="font-size:26px;">Mario Williams is heading on a visit to Miami today, per source informed of the #Dolphins plans. Would add big-time help on the edge.

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

^This is the real Ian Rapoport, but the name Ian Rapoport above means nothing and anyone can change their name at any time. Always look at what's following the "@" as no two people can have the same twitter handle. There will be troll accounts that use handles like @RapSheeet or @RapSheel that will try to fake news too. A blue verified checkmark next to their name is a good sign that they are real and reliable. Also a good way to avoid getting trolled is to follow the real reporters and only post tweets from your timeline as the only way fake tweets could enter your timeline is if someone legitimate accidentally retweets them.

By following this, hopefully we can keep the number of fake news entering this thread down to a minimum.

Legal Tampering Period Begins: 12:00pm est/11:00am cst, Monday, March 7th.

Free Agency Begins: 4:00pm est/3:00pm cst, Wednesday, March 9th.

</div>
Yea I Know I have a feud on twitter for telling chaps his apology is clearly fake. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Yea I Know I have a feud on twitter for telling chaps his apology is clearly fake.

Do you feel better now?

I wonder what the plan for offensive linemen was. I don't know if we were all in on Vernon and missed out on others, but it's strange that with Beadles cut, Wiz hitting FA and Linder that's coming out of an injury we didn't go after one of the good interior linemen that were available.

Maybe Dave has someone he wants in the draft? Guess we'll find out tomorrow more about it

Quote:Do you feel better now?
never felt bad to begin with. but trolling to me is never funny.  And getting on a network is not an accomplishment.  Working hard is. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Jeff Darlington on NFLTA said to watch Ayers for Jax.

Sam Young was awful!
Shock the world

Quote:Jeff Darlington on NFLTA said to watch Ayers for Jax.

I'm so done with Darlington lol
Shock the world