Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 12:12 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:We are getting Marks, Malik, and our top pick from last year. Our pass rush will be a lot better than what we saw. Still need help but we are a lot better than last year. A lot...

2 guys coming back from injury is what we are counting on. One essentially a rookie. Not good enough for me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pass Rush continues to be a problem for this team.
It's better, but a long shot with just the addition of Malik and a healthy Dante, but it's still not ideal. You're never going to get a stud in FA at pass rusher just come available, except for the recent OV

Quote:It's tough to gauge a players trade value, but I'd guess a 5th/6th rounder.

That's what I was thinking.

If a team offered a 5th Round pick for him,   I think Dave Caldwell would be tempted to take it.   Especially,  considering it's unlikely the Jags will get any Comp. picks in 2018 as a result of the massive cap space they very likely will have in 2017.

Quote:2 guys coming back from injury is what we are counting on. One essentially a rookie. Not good enough for me.

Well that's fine if it's not good enough for you, still have FA and draft to help build the depth but they are the main horses that will be there.

We had clemons, alualu, and branch as those 3 guys last year. Anything improves on that, and those are 3 very highly thought of guys.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl'>Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/708327114148356096'>3m3 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Kendall Reyes is signing a 1-year, $2.5m deal with <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash'>#Redskins</a>. Worth up to $3.35m with incentives.

Quote:It would not surprise me if they got a Monday Night game for the Green Bay home game.

Another realistic possibility is a Monday Night game against Minnesota because of the two QBs from the 2014 Draft Class.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl  3m3 minutes ago

Kendall Reyes is signing a 1-year, $2.5m deal with #Redskins. Worth up to $3.35m with incentives.

</div>

Good signing by the Redskins.  Kendall Reyes is used to playing DE in a 3-4.   It wouldn't surprise me if Reyes' best football is ahead.

Quote: Not good enough for me.

Just copy and paste this ^ once every 30 seconds and save yourself the trouble of mixing it up.

It always boils down to this anyway with you.

I'm just messing with you, and I think everyone knows we aren't done addressing the pass rush. There's still help to be had.

Quote:  Opinion question.

If the Jaguars put Johnathan Cyprien on the trade market,  what do you think the Jags can get in return for him?    Especially,  considering he's scheduled to be an UFA in 2017. 

I posed this question on Twitter last night. In particular if we end up with Ramsey or Joseph, I imagine the Jags will attempt to deal Cyp.

I could see us getting a 5th maybe 4th for him. I also could envision a scenario where Jags get Ramsey day one, and then trade Cyprien and a pick for a higher pick, giving them some maneuverability if they target a player they like in middle rounds of the draft.

<p style="background-color:transparent;">The Jaguars have discussed moving SS Johnathan Cyprien to linebacker.

With the addition of FS Tashaun Gipson to shore up the back end of the defense, the Jaguars are playing around with the idea of getting Cyprien even closer to the line of scrimmage. Even when he entered the NFL, Cyprien was viewed as a box safety because of his severe deficiencies in coverage. Teams saw what the Rams did with Mark Barron, turning him from safety into a weak-side linebacker, and Barron just cashed in with a five-year, $45 million deal on Wednesday.

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;"> 
<b>Source:</b> John Oehser on Twitter
</div>

Browns officially waive Manziel. What a waste.
Shock the world

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington'>Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/708329168174510081' title="11:30 AM - 11 Mar 2016">7m7 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Take it easy, Jax. I'm out. [Image: 270c-1f3fc.png]...But Ayers is still here. Smart move by Caldwell, who took him to dinner last night with Malik & others.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;background-color:transparent;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">The Jaguars have discussed moving SS Johnathan Cyprien to linebacker.

With the addition of FS Tashaun Gipson to shore up the back end of the defense, the Jaguars are playing around with the idea of getting Cyprien even closer to the line of scrimmage. Even when he entered the NFL, Cyprien was viewed as a box safety because of his severe deficiencies in coverage. Teams saw what the Rams did with Mark Barron, turning him from safety into a weak-side linebacker, and Barron just cashed in with a five-year, $45 million deal on Wednesday.

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;"> 
<b>Source:</b> John Oehser on Twitter
</div>

</div>

The closer Cyprien plays to the LOS the better, he's in the same mold is Deon Buchanan and Mark Barron

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/708329455064895488' title="11:31 AM - 11 Mar 2016">6m6 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Mike Garafolo Retweeted Todd Archer

<p class="">Jags looking for depth on the OL. Stefen Wisniewski remains an option to return as a starter but is shopping around.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Mike Garafolo added,

<div>
<div style="margin-left:58px;">
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/toddarcher'>Todd Archer‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@toddarcher</span></a>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Cowboys free agency udpate: In addition to James Hanna visiting San Diego, Mackenzy Bernadeau visiting Jacksonville.

</div>
</div>

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington  7m7 minutes ago

Take it easy, Jax. I'm out. [Image: 270c-1f3fc.png]...But Ayers is still here. Smart move by Caldwell, who took him to dinner last night with Malik & others.

</div>

I'm a big fan of Jeff, you can tell he respects what's going on in Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 12:39 PM by SuperJville.)

They're already admitting to themselves that Cyprien sucks.  Discussing a different position for him.  I hope Sample plays better and starts at SS with Gipson at FS.

Only the gullible or the blind still think Cyp is the answer at SS.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/708330196894670849'>4m4 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">The <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash'>#Browns</a> announce they've waived QB Johnny Manziel.

Quote:I posed this question on Twitter last night. In particular if we end up with Ramsey or Joseph, I imagine the Jags will attempt to deal Cyp.

I could see us getting a 5th maybe 4th for him. I also could envision a scenario where Jags get Ramsey day one, and then trade Cyprien and a pick for a higher pick, giving them some maneuverability if they target a player they like in middle rounds of the draft.

I like the trade up option possibility.  This is the type of trade that more than one other team might be interested in making.   Especially,  if they have a need at SS,  even from a depth perspective.  And they rate players in the draft they would be interested in at a particular point of the draft at a relatively similar level.  If J. Cyprien isn't traded earlier,  I'm confident Dave Caldwell is going to be making calls to a number of teams to explore this type of trade as the draft approaches. 

Quote:They're already admitting to themselves that Cyprien sucks. Discussing a different position for him. I hope Sample plays better and starts at SS with Gipson at FS.

Ehhh, Sample may very well beat him out, but Cyp could also play much better when committed solely to the box safety role. This LB talk is just talk. He may play that role once in a blue moon in a sub package, but I bet we see Cyp look a bit better with a simplified role.

Quote:They're already admitting to themselves that Cyprien sucks.  Discussing a different position for him.  I hope Sample plays better and starts at SS with Gipson at FS.

Could Cyp play OTTO?