Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Tweet from Tim Bee (@TimBeeSports) - Amukamara deal w/ #Jaguars has to be a show-me deal. Only 1-year for a young player. He wanted more $, Jags want him to prove he's worth it.

https://twitter.com/TimBeeSports/status/...4410166272
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love the signing plus the one year deal. If he does well they can sign him to a longer deal.

honestly prove it deals are the best in FA if you're not too sure. Can always extend

Quote:prove it year, I think its the right call
It's good for Prince, yes. 

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  55s56 seconds ago

Seahawks free-agent OT Russell Okung is finished with his Giants visit and will be on way to visit Detroit Lions on Saturday.

</div>

High risk player.   Unless the contract numbers are less than expected,  I hope he signs with the Seahawks,  Giants,  49ers, or any other team that wants his services.

Quote:FWIW, another "freelance journalist", grain of salt:

Tweet from Chad Evans (@ChadEvansSports) - Breaking: the #Jaguars putting finishing touches on a deal with Robert Ayers. Should be done shortly.

https://twitter.com/ChadEvansSports/stat...5847776256
Grain of salt for sure, he's probably just throwing stuff at the wall that is likely that makes sense.

With Prince coming here, I think Ayers is a hell of a lot more likely. Sign on with former teammate and play with Malik.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 05:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:It's good for Prince, yes.
who were you talking about?

And if he explodes this year and has a monster year then we could just franchise him at worst! But I would rather not pay him that much money for one year if he does well.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Gratz should get in contact with 2 men and a truck...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:who were you talking about?
I meant it wasn't so good for the Jags. There is no upside in one years deals. 

Quote:Tweet from Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) - Former Giants CB Prince Amukamara is signing a 1-year deal with Jacksonville, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1776752640
Good not sold on him just yet plus always injured, think we can find a better long term answer in the draft 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Tweet from Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) - One year for Amukamara is a little surprising. But that #Jaguars defense...very interesting unit all of the sudden. https://twitter.com/rotoworld/status/708406389706719236

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/stat...7133050880

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 05:47 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:And if he explodes this year and has a monster year then we could just franchise him at worst! But I would rather not pay him that much money for one year if he does well.

Exactly. If he turns into Norman then we can franchise him from here on out lol.

Quote:It's good for Prince, yes. 
I mean, its likely good for us too. We can take a corner and he'll get good PT while sitting back a little this year. If Prince works out, we have 4 deep at corner with very solid players, if he doesn't than the rookie comes in next year and starts/we sign someone else next year on FA market/draft one early next year.

I would have preferred a longer deal, but I get it.

@charlesrobinson One year for Amukamara is a little surprising. But that #Jaguars defense...very interesting unit all of the sudden. https://t.co/Tap9swfe81

Myles Jack Myles Jack Myles Jack

Quote:I meant it wasn't so good for the Jags. There is no upside in one years deals.
Sure there is. If he continues to struggle to perform well and stay healthy, they won't have any dead money on him.

That's an upside in my book in a guy like this.

Quote:Grain of salt for sure, he's probably just throwing stuff at the wall that is likely that makes sense.

With Prince coming here, I think Ayers is a hell of a lot more likely. Sign on with former teammate and play with Malik.

We had both E. Sanders and Ziggy Hood in together for a visit in 2015. Hood signed, Sanders walked. Malik seems like a natural leader, so maybe he can influence Ayers.

Quote:And if he explodes this year and has a monster year then we could just franchise him at worst! But I would rather not pay him that much money for one year if he does well.
Honestly man, if he balls out and stays healthy (he will if he stays healthy), I don't even care. This team needs talent. If we hit it big with him than I'll be ecstatic and be overjoyed seeing him get a good payday.

Quote:I meant it wasn't so good for the Jags. There is no upside in one years deals. 

Well, it's good for us in the fact that we get him for one season. But yeah, he's taking this deal with the expectation that he'll stay healthy/play his way into a big long term contract.