Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:#33 is a 2nd round pick, not "basically a 1st rd pick".

I will write it how I want. Thank you.

[Image: tradevaluechart.jpg]

In terms of value, pick #33 (580) is closer to pick #32 (590) than it is to pick #34 (560). Thanks for playing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);">Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora7 Sep
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);">@GreggDoyelCBS @PriscoCBS Bridgewater is 1st overall unless he gets his arm chopped off like Luke Wilson in the street brawl in Anchorman

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);"> 

Gregg Doyel ‏@GreggDoyelCBS7 Sep
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);">@JasonLaCanfora Really Jason? I didn't know that. I swear! I thought Clowney was no-brainer for No. 1 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);"> 

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora7 Sep
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">@GreggDoyelCBS spoke to probably 12 scouts casually during camp tour, and it was like 11-1 for Teddy. could end up a QB/Coach combo deal

</div>
because as a scout you should tell everyone the fruit of your research. ok got it. 

Quote:Did you consider Joe Flacco or Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick "Franchise QBs" before last year?

Joe Flacco, yes.

Alex Smith?  I still don't consider him a franchise QB 

Colin K hasn't even started 16 games yet.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And have a QB who is good enough to win you 11 games but cant carry a team in the playoffs?

They probably have the best roster in the NFL aside from QB though.
i want a def that whoever i have at qb will still win me 11 games. you dont need a franchise qb to win a superbowl.

Quote:So I take it then you would take Clowney in round 1, and then if given the offer, trade the second rounder for Andy Dalton?
i'd take clowney first and draft a qb in the 2nd. trade for a qb who reached his ceiling? lol ok. try again bro.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 04:34 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:Didn't the Bears make a Super Bowl not too long ago?

With one of the best defenses in the history of modern football, yeah. That unit took over a half-decade to construct and it required countless correct personnel decisions despite unaccountable variables being always present (i.e. work ethic, legal issues, character concerns, etc).

It's a lot easier to roll the dice with the potential top-ten quarterback than drag Rex Grossman's worthless self to a Super Bowl. 

Quote:because as a scout you should tell everyone the fruit of your research. ok got it. 

Huh?

Quote:Joe Flacco, yes.

Alex Smith?  I still don't consider him a franchise QB 

Colin K hasn't even started 16 games yet.  

Year One:

Dalton- 3,398 yards 58.1 completion %  20 TDs 13 INTs 80.4 QB rating

Flacco- 2,971 yards 60.0 completion %  14 TDs 12 INTs 80.3 QB rating

Year Two:

Dalton- 3,669 yards 62.3 compeltion %  27 TDs 16 INTs 87.4 QB rating

Flacco- 3,613 yards 63.1 completion %  21 TDs 12 INTs, 88.9 QB rating

Pretty comparable numbers.

Quote:Huh?
bahahahaha my point exactly  :thanks:

Quote:Year One:

Dalton- 3,398 yards 58.1 completion %  20 TDs 13 INTs 80.4 QB rating

Flacco- 2,971 yards 60.0 completion %  14 TDs 12 INTs 80.3 QB rating

Year Two:

Dalton- 3,669 yards 62.3 compeltion %  27 TDs 16 INTs 87.4 QB rating

Flacco- 3,613 yards 63.1 completion %  21 TDs 12 INTs, 88.9 QB rating

Pretty comparable numbers.

Now give Flacco AJ Green. 

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 04:40 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:bahahahaha my point exactly  :thanks:

Oh, I understood your point, I just wanted to make sure you were being serious. You don't think scouts give simple and anonymous answers ("Who do you think will go first in the draft?") when asked to do so? Do you think Jason La Canfora is lying to Gregg Doyel in that Twitter conversation? 

Also, how old are you?

Quote:Oh, I understood your point, I just wanted to make sure you were being serious. You don't think scouts give simple and anonymous answers ("Who do you think will go first in the draft?") when asked to do so? Do you think Jason La Canfora is lying to Gregg Doyel in that Twitter conversation? 

Also, how old are you?
your source is anonymous. i wonder why.  thats as bad as the espn hype machine. 

Quote:your source is anonymous. i wonder why.  thats as bad as the espn hype machine. 

So you think Jason La Canfora is lying to Gregg Doyel out of the blue and for no reason at all.

Quote:So you think Jason La Canfora is lying to Gregg Doyel out of the blue and for no reason at all.
having anonymous scouts doesnt scream credibility.  do you not understand that the draft is like a game of chess? assuming you know how the game works.

Quote:Oh, I understood your point, I just wanted to make sure you were being serious. You don't think scouts give simple and anonymous answers ("Who do you think will go first in the draft?") when asked to do so? Do you think Jason La Canfora is lying to Gregg Doyel in that Twitter conversation? 

Also, how old are you?

I've been wondering the same about yourself.

Earlier this year, Jason La Canfora foretold that Geno Smith would be a "lock" to be drafted in the top 5.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22001...n-top-five

He also went on to promise that "Jacksonville will be taking a quarterback sometime relatively high in this draft."

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/...s-at-no-33

So, excuse me while I summarily dismiss the opinion of a guy who has been no more accurate than a tree frog when it comes to QB draft prognostication lately.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I've been wondering the same about yourself.

Earlier this year, Jason La Canfora foretold that Geno Smith would be a "lock" to be drafted in the top 5.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22001...n-top-five

He also went on to promise that "Jacksonville will be taking a quarterback sometime relatively high in this draft."

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/...s-at-no-33

So, excuse me while I summarily dismiss the opinion of a guy who has been no more accurate than a tree frog when it comes to QB draft prognostication lately.

Um, dude, I don't care what La Canfora thinks about the draft. I care what the scouts think that told him their opinion... because as of now, Teddy is the no-doubt first pick for every team that is starved for a quarterback (AKA anyone who will be drafting first).

Quote:Now give Flacco AJ Green. 

QB:

RB1: Willis McGahee

RB2: Ray Rice (one of the best pass catching RBs in the game)

WR1: Derrick Mason

WR2: Mark Clayton

TE: Todd Heap

QB:

RB1: Cedric Benson

RB2: Bernard Scott

WR1: A.J. Green

WR2: Jerome Simpson

TE: Jermaine Gresham

I would say those two offensive situations are comparable, if not in favor of the Ravens. Flacco came in with a veteran WR, a solid veteran TE, and a pass catching RB. Dalton came in with a rookie A.J. Green.

Why do I have to look this stuff up for you guys? Can't you take some responsibility and do it yourself before posting stupid stuff like "Now give Flacco A.J. Green" as if Flacco didn't have weapons.

All I know is that Clowney, his agent, and the teams who are looking at him are loving this Bridgewater distraction.  Just like Reggie Bush and Vince Young were all the talk in 2006.

Many were surprised when Planet Theory rang true once again, but I certainly wasn't among them.

Barring any further developments (injuries, meltdowns, etc.,) this could be the most rumor-filled and purposefully misinformed pre-draft smokescreen seasons of recent time.  There's going to be a tremendous amount of jockeying between those interested in both.

Quote:Um, dude, I don't care what La Canfora thinks about the draft. I care what the scouts think that told him their opinion... because as of now, Teddy is the no-doubt first pick for every team that is starved for a quarterback (AKA anyone who will be drafting first).

In your opinion.

Truth is, we really don't know.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 05:12 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:All I know is that Clowney, his agent, and the teams who are looking at him are loving this Bridgewater distraction.  Just like Reggie Bush and Vince Young were all the talk in 2006.

Many were surprised when Planet Theory rang true once again, but I certainly wasn't among them.

Barring any further developments (injuries, meltdowns, etc.,) this could be the most rumor-filled and purposefully misinformed pre-draft smokescreen seasons of recent time.  There's going to be a tremendous amount of jockeying between those interested in both.

People were very split on Young as a professional quarterback -- terrible mechanics, spread offense, questionable intellect, etc. Bush is a running back. You're trying to find similarities that aren't really there.

Quote:Um, dude, I don't care what La Canfora thinks about the draft. I care what the scouts think that told him their opinion... because as of now, Teddy is the no-doubt first pick for every team that is starved for a quarterback (AKA anyone who will be drafting first).
lol for a guy with a lot of "anonymous" scouts as sources, you would think his opinions would be better  :woot: