Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 05:20 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:lol for a guy with a lot of "anonymous" scouts as sources, you would think his opinions would be better  :woot:

Hey man, you're more than able to find some "anonymous" scout quotes who are saying that Clowney will be the number-one pick as of September 26.

Not sure how the emoticons are supposed to add to your point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:People were very split on Young as a professional quarterback -- terrible mechanics, spread offense, questionable intellect, etc. Bush is a running back. You're trying to find similarities that aren't really there.
In your unapologetically biased opinion.

You're missing the point.  Perhaps on purpose as to redirect.

You can follow all the talk you want, but beware... you really don't know what's going on.

The current regard for Bridgewater is still nowhere near it was for Clowney prior to his injury this season.  As that draft proves... it's nearly impossible to tell which way the winds truly are blowing when there's so much hot air in the media.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The current regard for Bridgewater is still nowhere near it was for Clowney prior to his injury this season.

As in their regard among scouts and NFL personnel? Based on what, exactly? The amount of times ESPN replayed the Vincent Smith hit?

Quote:Hey man, you're more than able to find some "anonymous" scout quotes who are saying that Clowney will be the number-one pick as of September 26.

Not sure how the emoticons are supposed to add to your point.
did i win? i think i won. woooooo

Quote:The current regard for Bridgewater is still nowhere near it was for Clowney prior to his injury this season. As that draft proves... it's nearly impossible to tell which way the winds truly are blowing when there's so much hot air in the media.

Maybe with Espn. People who follow and write for the draft had Clowney and Teddy very close.

Quote:did i win? i think i won. woooooo

Where are the links you're supposed to be providing us?

Quote:Where are the links you're supposed to be providing us?
i dont need links, you dug your own grave with your "credible" anonymous sources presented your "credible" reporter canfora lol

Quote:i dont need links, you dug your own grave with your "credible" anonymous sources presented your "credible" reporter canfora lol

How did you prove that they're not credible? How did you prove that he's falsifying information?

Why does hype matter at all? Just compare the two by your self and form an opinion that way.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:How did you prove that they're not credible? How did you prove that he's falsifying information?
with all the inside sources canfora has/had, he thought geno was a top 5 pick lol.  theres a reason his sources are anonymous.  his sources could be the top of the line nfl scouts or the bottom div 3 scouts, but youll never know. so to me being anonymous is not credible because we dont know their credentials. have a good day sir.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 05:49 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:with all the inside sources canfora has/had, he thought geno was a top 5 pick lol.  theres a reason his sources are anonymous.  his sources could be the top of the line nfl scouts or the bottom div 3 scouts, but youll never know. so to me being anonymous is not credible because we dont know their credentials. have a good day sir.

Most of the media thought Geno Smith was going to be top-five pick a month before the draft. His stock dive-bombed among the talking heads in the weeks leading up to the first round when his attitude during interviews and workouts came into the spotlight.

Literally every media source and draft handicapper you can find out there has been wrong on multiple, multiple occasions. I consider Mayock a much better evaluator of talent than Kiper or McShay, but IIRC he was pretty enamored with Blaine Gabbert of all prospects. That doesn't mean I am going to completely disregard everything that comes out of his mouth regarding future drafts; he has to continuously prove himself to be poor at forecasting for me to do that.

But that's all irrelevant, anyway. 11 out of 12 scouts (he said he gathered these opinions during his camp tour, so they're NFL guys) told him that Teddy Bridgewater was regarded as the first pick in the draft during the summer. There is no reason to automatically refute this information as lies on La Canfora's part, and he's not the one who is making that call. He's relaying what NFL scouts told him.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 05:58 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:Most of the media thought Geno Smith was going to be top-five pick a month before the draft. His stock dive-bombed among the talking heads in the weeks leading up to the first round when his attitude during interviews and workouts came into the spotlight.

Literally every media source and draft handicapper you can find out there has been wrong on multiple, multiple occasions. I consider Mayock a much better evaluator of talent than Kiper or McShay, but IIRC he was pretty enamored with Blaine Gabbert of all prospects. That doesn't mean I am going to completely disregard everything that comes out of his mouth regarding future drafts; he has to continuously prove himself to be poor at forecasting for me to do that.

But that's all irrelevant, anyway. 11 out of 12 scouts (he said he gathered these opinions during his camp tour, so they're NFL guys) told him that Teddy Bridgewater was regarded as the first pick in the draft during the summer. There is no reason to automatically refute this information as lies on La Canfora's part, and he's not the one who is making that call. He's relaying what NFL scouts told him.
sigh, blah blah blah i didnt say it was a lie, i said its not credible enough seeing that theyre anonymous, and hes a writer/reporter/insider who has nfl scouts as sources and still thought geno was a top 5 pick.  its hard to trust him or his sources. the draft is a game of chess like i said.   

Quote:QB:

RB1: Willis McGahee

RB2: Ray Rice (one of the best pass catching RBs in the game)

WR1: Derrick Mason

WR2: Mark Clayton

TE: Todd Heap

QB:

RB1: Cedric Benson

RB2: Bernard Scott

WR1: A.J. Green

WR2: Jerome Simpson

TE: Jermaine Gresham

I would say those two offensive situations are comparable, if not in favor of the Ravens. Flacco came in with a veteran WR, a solid veteran TE, and a pass catching RB. Dalton came in with a rookie A.J. Green.

Why do I have to look this stuff up for you guys? Can't you take some responsibility and do it yourself before posting stupid stuff like "Now give Flacco A.J. Green" as if Flacco didn't have weapons.

I don't think it's in favor of the Ravens at all.  That Veteran WR was 34 years old.  Nice of you to mention that AJ Green was a rookie (and had a stellar Rookie year) but fail to mention that Ray Rice was also a rookie.  (You also noted how great a receiving RB he was, but he only started 4 games in his rookie year)

That aside, Heero said they wouldn't trade a 2nd rounder for Dalton.  I'm taking it you would?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I don't think it's in favor of the Ravens at all.  That Veteran WR was 34 years old.  Nice of you to mention that AJ Green was a rookie (and had a stellar Rookie year) but fail to mention that Ray Rice was also a rookie.  (You also noted how great a receiving RB he was, but he only started 4 games in his rookie year)

That aside, Heero said they wouldn't trade a 2nd rounder for Dalton.  I'm taking it you would?

Because rookie RBs have as difficult of a time adjusting to the NFL as WRs do, right? You know better than that.

Rice only started 4 games, sure, but was on the field plenty. 140 is a lot of touches. Willis McGahee was also a better option out of the backfield than Benson.

Regardless, the offenses were pretty evenly matched. Your initial assertion "now give Flacco A.J.Green" would make one think that Flacco was forced to play with scrubs.

Quote:I don't think it's in favor of the Ravens at all.  That Veteran WR was 34 years old.  Nice of you to mention that AJ Green was a rookie (and had a stellar Rookie year) but fail to mention that Ray Rice was also a rookie.  (You also noted how great a receiving RB he was, but he only started 4 games in his rookie year)

If it is for 23 year old (out of college age) Dalton, then ya, I would.

1. Take Clowney #1 overall,

2. Trade #33 back to a mid 2nd rounder and acquire an extra pick or two.

3. Trade that mid 2nd round pick for Andy Dalton.

4. Use the rest of the draft to shore up the interior offensive line.

Use free agency to fill defensive holes and I think the Jaguars become a playoff team. A very, very, young playoff team. 

AJ Green had no trouble adjusting to the NFL.

I do not believe Dalton on the Jags would do nearly as well as he is with the Bengals.  And I certainly don't think he'd take the team to the playoffs, even with Clowney.  Nor do I think he'd win a playoff game with this team.

This team needs a true franchise Quarterback.  Someone like Matt Ryan.  

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 07:09 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:AJ Green had no trouble adjusting to the NFL.

I do not believe Dalton on the Jags would do nearly as well as he is with the Bengals.  And I certainly don't think he'd take the team to the playoffs, even with Clowney.  Nor do I think he'd win a playoff game with this team.

This team needs a true franchise Quarterback.  Someone like Matt Ryan.  

You realize Ryan's numbers weren't much better than Flacco's or Dalton's his first two years?

Now give Dalton Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez.

Ryan is 1-4 in playoffs games with one of the most explosive offensive supporting casts in the league. Ryan failed to throw for over 200 yards in his first 3 playoff games. He had more interceptions (4) than he did touchdowns (3).

You are severely overrating Andy Dalton.

He's in no way as good as Matt Ryan.  Also Andy Dalton has yet to throw a touchdown in the playoffs.  He does however have 4 Interceptions.  So he and Matt Ryan have that in common  :thumbsup:

Quote:You are severely overrating Andy Dalton.

He's in no way as good as Matt Ryan.  Also Andy Dalton has yet to throw a touchdown in the playoffs.  He does however have 4 Interceptions.  So he and Matt Ryan have that in common  :thumbsup:

I'm not a big Andy Dalton fan. I'm just stressing that I think an elite defense is more important than a "franchise QB" if your definition of "franchise QB" is Flacco and Ryan.

How many teams without a franchise QB but an elite Defense have won a super bowl in the past 10 years?