Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Wanna explain for those of us that don't have a clue?

I think he's talking about the Matt Prater kick.  Either that or he found his Vicodin prescription.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think he's talking about the Matt Prater <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24369104/look-matt-prater-makes-nfl-record-64yard-field-goal'>kick</a>.  Either that or he found his Vicodin prescription.

I'd have put money on the pills!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I think he's talking about the Matt Prater kick.  Either that or he found his Vicodin prescription.

Norco, which is double strength Vicodin ... Should have not shoveled snow. :no:

Quote:I'd have put money on the pills!! :thumbsup:

homeybiscuit was correct, I always figured 63 would be beat. I got to see it. Smile

(Just for info reasons) Tom Dempsey had the record for the longest field goal at 63 yards, I think at least one other kicker had tied Demsey's 63 yard record.

Not that it surprises me, as a lot of these guys could hit it from 70, but the circumstances to attempt that length of kick is unusual. Prater (Broncos) had just surpassed the 63 yard record by hitting a 64 yard field goal. I guess it would be in Denver given the thinnest of the air.

Anyway, Dempsey had half a foot. I think he lost the other half while chewing his own toenails, or something. :woot:

"Till death do us part".. written when the life expectancy was 30.

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:(Just for info reasons) Tom Dempsey had the record for the longest field goal at 63 yards, I think at least one other kicker had tied Demsey's 63 yard record.
Akers, Janikowski, and Elam all had 63 yarders. Elam's was against the Jaguars.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

[Image: Brownies_zps22501b70.jpg]

Ooooooooohhhhh doggie! Just had dinner. Grilled some corn on the cob, an aluminum bag filled with mushroom, zucchini (sp) squash, onion, and red pepper. And to top it off some ribs eye steaks. Mmmmm.

Side note, this is my first full day of trying to stop dipping. Dentist today had some sobering news. So far I haven't dipped since around 600 pm last night. This is some tough times. I admire those that can quit cold turkey. I'm patched up and having a lozenge when needed. Wish me luck. Cheer me on.

Quote:Ooooooooohhhhh doggie! Just had dinner. Grilled some corn on the cob, an aluminum bag filled with mushroom, zucchini (sp) squash, onion, and red pepper. And to top it off some ribs eye steaks. Mmmmm.

Side note, this is my first full day of trying to stop dipping. Dentist today had some sobering news. So far I haven't dipped since around 600 pm last night. This is some tough times. I admire those that can quit cold turkey. I'm patched up and having a lozenge when needed. Wish me luck. Cheer me on.
Good luck duder!!

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

P.S.. 

A fellow Jag is trying to better himself by being healthier.. How about a little more encouragement?

You guys stink.. I need a smoke..

Quote:Akers, Janikowski, and Elam all had 63 yarders. Elam's was against the Jaguars.

The stub point was ... when you kick it 63 yards, and divide that by half a foot ... it equals 126 yards for Dempsey ... No need to even run an offensive play. ... Championship!!!! Wink

Quote:P.S.. 

A fellow Jag is trying to better himself by being healthier.. How about a little more encouragement?

You guys stink.. I need a smoke..

Don't do it!  

If you smoke, then you stink.   :yes:   I had quit for 5 years before pestering my wife enough for her to quit.  She smelled like an ashtray and I never passed an opportunity to tell her that.

Quote:Ooooooooohhhhh doggie! Just had dinner. Grilled some corn on the cob, an aluminum bag filled with mushroom, zucchini (sp) squash, onion, and red pepper. And to top it off some ribs eye steaks. Mmmmm.

Good ... Not because I am a preacher, but because I am a survivor, and failure.

I think a message board support group is in order, here ... just as long as we aren't supporting each other for my vices. I'm down to the only 3 I need.

I'll bring the coffee since it's cheap.. someone else can bring the doughnuts..

Thanks for the support.

It's just kinda weird going through daily routines and not dipping. Feels like your forgetting something. But, so far so good. I'm assuming the first day is the hardest. If so then it's all downhill from here <----- that's me trying to be optimistic. Smile

You know what makes my head hurt? (okay, besides a roofing hammer) All those playoff scenarios people figure out and post on the main board. I think I saw one of them factor in an earthquake in Chile.

Quote:Thanks for the support.

It's just kinda weird going through daily routines and not dipping. Feels like your forgetting something. But, so far so good. I'm assuming the first day is the hardest. If so then it's all downhill from here <----- that's me trying to be optimistic. Smile

The one time you just can't stand it any longer, just think to yourself .... "It doesn't get any harder than this moment right now"

You can get past that moment knowing it doesn't get any harder than that.

Quote:The one time you just can't stand it any longer, just think to yourself .... "It doesn't get any harder than this moment right now"

You can get past that moment knowing it doesn't get any harder than that.
So far, the patch is doing a pretty decent job of handling the cravings. Every now and then I'll take a lozenge. Doing that seems to help me stay sane but overall I just feel...weird. Guess that is the withdrawals. I need to stay busy but have a ton of free time nowadays.

Tips on folding a fitted sheet: 1) Tuck one corner inside the other, 2) Fold in half, 3) Angrily roll into ball because it's impossible, 4) Start drinking...

Quote:Good ... Not because I am a preacher, but because I am a survivor, and failure.

I think a message board support group is in order, here ... just as long as we aren't supporting each other for my vices. I'm down to the only 3 I need.
I have addiction to pizza.

I keep going over to the Fantasy forum, then I realize they're just talking about football stuff.