Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
[SERIOUS] Can everybody take a collective breath and step back from the edge of the Modus building?

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 02:17 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Absolutely.

That was a terribly designed coverage.

Awful, really.

Poz is good at many things, but covering the fastest man on the field when he already has a step on you is but one of them. Not even close.

However, I can't in good conscience use that as a reason to call for Gus's head.
Then I don't know what to tell you buddy. You clearly aren't watching what the rest of us are looking at. I have watched so many games where Poz is just 5 steps behind a receiver down the field. This isn't the first time that has happened. There is something inherently wrong with a defense that that is constantly an issue. We have a big end rushing on 3rd and long. We can't figure out how to put Telvin and Jack on the field at the same time. This is what I'm seeing.

You think Rex Ryan would struggle to figure these things out? What about Belicheck or Parcells or Philips? The patriots have trash running around on their defense and are making plays b cause the coach is putting these guys in the correct position. This defense was designed b cause of the talent they had in Seattle. Not because it's was some fancy scheme. Carroll looked at his team and said "ok, I think I figured something out." Look at Arizona and that scheme with the star or whatever they call their safety.

This is just an incompetent coaching staff. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I guess my one question would be how would firing him at the end of the season not give the AWESOME fans, (and we truly have the best fan base in the league) that winning matters and losing will not be tolerated?

Actually, I think that him giving him the rest of the season and firing him then if he had a bad record will actually help our quest in hiring the next great head coach because he we'll see that Khan is a man of his word when he said he will give him the time he needs to make us a contender.

I doubt very much that a head-coaching candidate would be loathe to work for an owner because of the midseason firing of the head coach who was given 50 games (and five years of guaranteed contract) and has the worst record in modern NFL history.

Firing him now would send the message that winning matters. Waiting until January would send the message that Jags management cares more about draft position (or honor?) than winning.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 02:12 PM by snowwolf776.)

I did read the whole thing. I don't know what your smokeing but this team can't win with a HC like Gus. I'm not saying that just cause of the lose. I said years ago we  gus wasn't the HC for the team,and they needed one with fire. I even mettionted jeff fisher,and a lot of people here said no no. He can do what the team needs. Show fire,and displine them  no way Jags beat the ravans nor colts. Jags will lbe 0-4 come bye week. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:Flawed scheme.

Are you referring to offense or defense, and what do you mean by flawed?

(Not saying there isn't glass in either scheme, just trying to better understand your point so that I may address it properly.)

I'm talking about Bobblehead Bradley's magical defensive scheme, the one he stole from Pete Carroll.

It pigeon holes players into pre defined roles with made up names like Otto and Leo and elephant. This results in scrubs like Skuta playing while our prized LB sits on the bench.

We have players like Jack, Fowler, and Ramsey who can move around the entire defense, create confusion, etc. Instead we drop into the same cover 3 every play and it gets exploited every week.

The funny part is our old D coordinator is on SDs coaching staff. I have no doubt he advised Pagano on how to exploit this defense knowing full well Gus and Wash would make no adjustments. Do you think Benjamin getting matched up on Poz was an accident? NOPE. Gus [BLEEP] canned Babich, and Babich turned around and exposed the crap scheme he helped run for 3 years. Dude is probably crying tears of laughter right now.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:If you want people to read what you write:

1. Put spaces between the paragraphs.

2. Try to group similar thoughts together into one paragraph. You shouldn't need to make so many one-sentence paragraphs.

3. Don't open your post with a ridiculous statement. There may be some valid arguments to keeping Gus, but firing the coach with the worst record in modern NFL history is in no way unfair.
Ridiculous is a matter of perspective.

When I said it wouldn't be fair to him, what I use as the basis for that statement is that he was told he'd have four years to build a team.

To fire him 1/8th of the way through his fourth season after a rocky start is not fair to the agreement they had when he started.

Again, I repeat: If he finished this season with the team looking like it did yesterday, then he absolutely deserves to be fired, and I truly believe he will be.

All I'm saying is that he should be given the full season to prove what he is as a coach, one way or another.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:I did read the whole thing. I don't know what your smokeing but this team can't win with a HC like Gus. I'm not saying that just cause of the lose. I said years ago we should gus wasn't the HC for the team,and they needed one with fire. I even mettionted jeff fisher,and a lot of people here said no no. He can do what the team needs. Show fire,and displine them no way Jags beat the ravans nor colts. Jags will lbe 0-4 come bye week.
I do remember you saying that Wolfie.

And you may well be right.

That said, I sincerely hope you're wrong about our record after the first month.
We are Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 01:59 PM by Etdavis2006.)

What we are trying to get across to you is that year one we went 4-12. Year 2, 3-13 year 3, 5-11 and right now we are 0-2 after a 20 point plus blowout by a team that drafted higher than us last year that was also without some of their best players and sucks in general. We aren't going to just start shutting people down next week. This scheme is not working. We are take Fowler out after he gets a sack and not playing Jack. These are inherent problem that will not just magically correct itself.

We look like this because the coach is like this. No scheme should ever consistently put a 2 down line backer on a slot receiver. You can't fix that. You have to get rid of it and find something else.

Quote:What we are trying to get across to you is that year one we went 4-12. Year 2, 3-13 year 3, 5-11 and right now we are 0-2 after a 20 point plus blowout by a team that drafted higher than us last year that was also without some of their best players and sucks in general. We aren't going to just start shutting people down next week. This scheme is not working. We are take Fowler out after he gets a sack and not playing Jack. These are inherent problem that will not just magically correct itself.

We look like this because the coach is like this. No scheme should ever consistently put a 2 down line backer on a slot receiver. You can't fix that. You have to get rid of it and find something else.

From everything I've heard from all reporters that follow the team, Jack is just not ready.

Once he is though, I have no doubt that hell do fine in coverage against receivers.

Also, I'd just like to point out that that awful team happens to be quarterbacked by one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

That makes a huge difference.
We are Jaguars.

I read all your text, you made some thoughtful points, but Gus is a really bad headcoach. Historically bad. Yes, he didn't inherit the best roster, but Caldwell has created a decent enough squad that should prevent the game from being essentially over before the half.

The defense looked terrible out there. The scheme was awful. The offensive play calling was disgusting.

I stopped as soon as you said it wasn't fair to Gus.

Quote:I stopped as soon as you said it wasn't fair to Gus.
Ok.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:From everything I've heard from all reporters that follow the team, Jack is just not ready.

Once he is though, I have no doubt that hell do fine in coverage against receivers.

Also, I'd just like to point out that that awful team happens to be quarterbacked by one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

He's a top 5 talent. He's already better than Skuta and Pullard. No reason at all he shouldn't be playing. None. Bad coaching move.... Just one of many.

Quote:I read all your text, you made some thoughtful points, but Gus is a really bad headcoach. Historically bad. Yes, he didn't inherit the best roster, but Caldwell has created a decent enough squad that should prevent the game from being essentially over before the half.

The defense looked terrible out there. The scheme was awful. The offensive play calling was disgusting.
Thank you.

I agree that the game shouldn't be over before the half, given the talent level of the roster.

Corrections HAVE to be made to turn this team into a winner this season.

I just want to see if this continues.

It might not.

The only way to find out though is to give him more time this season.

Given ask that we've invested to make this work, I think it's worth it to see the plan through.
We are Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 02:12 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:From everything I've heard from all reporters that follow the team, Jack is just not ready.

Here is the problem though, why isn't he ready? This scheme is supposed to be super simple so the players can play fast. What does he not get? Why are none of our players ever ready? I'm seeing Dak Prescott play qb but Jack can't understand lb? I'm so confused.

To your point on Rivers. The same qb who had won less games than us last year? Who's most likely gonna get smashed next week too? At some point you have to call a spade a spade and realize when stuff just isn't working...

No. 

I'm good up here. Thanks. 

[Image: surviving-criticism-Standing-On-The-Ledge.jpeg]

Quote:He's a top 5 talent. He's already better than Skuta and Pullard. No reason at all he shouldn't be playing. None. Bad coaching move.... Just one of many.
I REALLY want to see him on the field, and hunk he'd do alright at OTTO.

It's not his most natural position, but I think he'd be able to make plays.

I also have to believe that they'd want him out there too, so there has to be some reason that we're not aware of that he's not playing.

They know their jobs are on the line, so if they're not playing one of the most naturally talented players they have, then there's clearly something we don't know.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:No.

I'm good up here. Thanks.
[Image: surviving-criticism-Standing-On-The-Ledge.jpeg]
Lmao, nice.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:Here is the problem though, why isn't he ready? This scheme is supposed to be super simple so the players can play fast. What does he not get? Why are none of our players ever ready? I'm seeing Dak Prescott play qb but Jack can't understand lb? I'm so confused.

To your point on Rivers. The same qb who had won less games than us last year? Who's most likely gonna get smashed next week too? At some point you have to call a spade a spade and realize when stuff just isn't working...
It's a bad coaching move. Just like when they started Henne.

You put the talent on the field. Jack could have learned a lot of things in these 1st 2 games but instead... He played special teams.

Or ya know, add a TLBig GrinR at the end like most sane people do when writing a huge wall of text.

Quote:Or ya know, add a TLBig GrinR at the end like most sane people do when writing a huge wall of text.

If I had a TL/DR, then that'd defeat the point of typing all if that out.

I put as much content into it as I did for a reason.

Providing a 1-2 sentence summary would spot in the face of the goal of my post, which was to provide topic points to discuss about the team we all care about.
We are Jaguars.