Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:That doesn't work for everyone....
Liar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you don't mind me asking... What do you spend roughly at each game? I suspect my wife has me spending too much. Would like some back up. Not including your ticket price. We don't tailgate if that helps, I'd like to but she doesn't like football, so...but I feel we are spending too much.

How much are you spending?

We don't spend much because it's just my son and I at the games...I like football and don't want to miss the action while I'm standing in line for grub. I also don't like eating at the game...it's football, not the movies!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Liar.

Do a poll!!

Quote:Do a poll!!

You spelled poll incorrectly.

Quote:You spelled poll incorrectly.

Pole... :whistling:

Quote:Pole... :whistling:

:thumbsup:

Quote:If you don't mind me asking... What do you spend roughly at each game? I suspect my wife has me spending too much. Would like some back up. Not including your ticket price. We don't tailgate if that helps, I'd like to but she doesn't like football, so...but I feel we are spending too much.

Without discussing obvious ideas on how to spend less :whistling:  ... We spend maybe $30 to $40ish inside the stadium, and every now and then a little more.

You guys get to take food in with you, right? I would love to be able to bring in outside food.

Quote:Without discussing obvious ideas on how to spend less :whistling: ... We spend maybe $30 to $40ish inside the stadium, and every now and then a little more.

You guys get to take food in with you, right? I would love to be able to bring in outside food.
Quote:How much are you spending?

We don't spend much because it's just my son and I at the games...I like football and don't want to miss the action while I'm standing in line for grub. I also don't like eating at the game...it's football, not the movies!! :yes:
Well, I'd like to spend about 40-50 per game, but we are way past the century mark. I almost bought new gear today but they didn't have what I wanted(which woulda been on me, and the wife.. What??? They have no thing you want??? ) We also brought some food and drink to partake in at our parking spot... I brought 100 in cash and said that will be all we spend. I had to pull out the de bit card. Sad does my wife cost too much?

We usually eat before going to the game.  Typically the only money we spend is for water.  

Quote:We usually eat before going to the game.  Typically the only money we spend is for water.
We ate before the game too....

Quote:Well, I'd like to spend about 40-50 per game, but we are way past the century mark. I almost bought new gear today but they didn't have what I wanted(which woulda been on me, and the wife.. What??? They have no thing you want??? ) We also brought some food and drink to partake in at our parking spot... I brought 100 in cash and said that will be all we spend. I had to pull out the de bit card. Sad does my wife cost too much?

Over $100 for just the two of you? Yes...she costs too much!! She's bored so she's "shopping" in the stadium!

Quote:We ate before the game too....

Were you hitting the stores up in the concourse?

Ditch the wife! I'll go with you, I only require 6-7-8 Beers :teehee: :yes:

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Were you hitting the stores up in the concourse?
She is NOT into football. The energy inside the stadium does help(to a degree) so I try to do whatever I can to help. She didn't want any merchandise today. We ate before the game. Had some drinks and "snacks" during halftime. Sure I had some beer, she did too. But at 9.00 a pop... That's twenty bucks per round! Plus food. I'll even run up and pick it up. I wanna buy her and I season tix next year but not if it's gonna cost a grand not including the tickets. Which I have wine taste on a beer budget. Not exactly but closest way to compare. Guess we are closer to beer than wine budget. And I have been to enough games to know where I wanna sit. So taking out of that budget is not an option. I suggested we tailgate to get the food and drink pretty much squared away before we get to the the stadium, but she isn't Into that...

Meant to quote you as well bb4, it didn't take.

Quote:Over $100 for just the two of you? Yes...she costs too much!! She's bored so she's "shopping" in the stadium!
Quote:Ditch the wife! I'll go with you, I only require 6-7-8 Beers :teehee: :yes:
Hmm 72 bucks... For just you...I'll take the wife. Thanks for the offer, unless your gonna put out afterwards...

Which btw, I'm not into that. Lol

Whelp, there's your quote bb4 wrong e one but whatever.

If she doesn't like football, why does she go to games?  That seems like torture to me.

Quote:She is NOT into football. The energy inside the stadium does help(to a degree) so I try to do whatever I can to help. She didn't want any merchandise today. We ate before the game. Had some drinks and "snacks" during halftime. Sure I had some beer, she did too. But at 9.00 a pop... That's twenty bucks per round! Plus food. I'll even run up and pick it up. I wanna buy her and I season tix next year but not if it's gonna cost a grand not including the tickets. Which I have wine taste on a beer budget. Not exactly but closest way to compare. Guess we are closer to beer than wine budget. And I have been to enough games to know where I wanna sit. So taking out of that budget is not an option. I suggested we tailgate to get the food and drink pretty much squared away before we get to the the stadium, but she isn't Into that...

Meant to quote you as well bb4, it didn't take.

Have a talk with her...tell her you really love going to the games with her but you've got to do something to keep the costs down.

I don't understand woman that don't like football!! I love the game!!! It makes me happy that my son texts me from school to talk football with his momma!!!

Quote:If she doesn't like football, why does she go to games?  That seems like torture to me.

She claims to enjoy it... Idk. But she is willing to go and says she likes it so I'm not complaining that she wants to go with me. I don't mind her company. She kinda cute when I explain the game to her. I guess it's payback for going to the mall with her and not jumping over the balcony...?

Quote:Have a talk with her...tell her you really love going to the games with her but you've got to do something to keep the costs down.

I don't understand woman that don't like football!! I love the game!!! It makes me happy that my son texts me from school to talk football with his momma!!!
Hmm. She not that kinda girl unfortunately. I don't mind paying the money, as long as it's enjoyed and appreciated. But I feel we can enjoy and appreciate a little less. Make sense?

Quote:Hmm. She not that kinda girl unfortunately. I don't mind paying the money, as long as it's enjoyed and appreciated. But I feel we can enjoy and appreciate a little less. Make sense?

Makes total sense to me. Just talk to her...even if you bring it up as brainstorming between the two of you to keep the costs down. Ask her how she thinks you could BOTH spend less money when you go...don't bring up that you think SHE's the issue!! That wouldn't go over well!!