Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:his opponents are staying away from his side, he gets double teamed a few times and hes playing with a foot injury.

Thanks for the insight, the foot injury explains his sluggishness.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Every team has a "keep away from Clowney" gameplan. There aren't many defensive players in NFL (or college) football history that offensives had to manipulate their offenses around.

On one play in particular today, he was blocked one-on-one by the CF OLT, He didn't make any particular move, and the OT was able to keep him at bay. It almost looked like he was mailing it in, content to rush straight ahead and swipe at the QB when he was nearly within arms reach. Again, may be the injury.

- Bob Marley

Quote:On one play in particular today, he was blocked one-on-one by the CF OLT, He didn't make any particular move, and the OT was able to keep him at bay. It almost looked like he was mailing it in, content to rush straight ahead and swipe at the QB when he was nearly within arms reach. Again, may be the injury.

Go back and watch some Colts vs Jaguars highlights. There were plenty of "particular plays" where Khalif Barnes gets the best of Dwight Freeney. Dwight Freeney must have been overrated as a pass rusher.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 05:38 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Go back and watch some Colts vs Jaguars highlights. There were plenty of "particular plays" where Khalif Barnes gets the best of Dwight Freeney. Dwight Freeney must have been overrated as a pass rusher.

Calm down, I'm only posting what I saw. Regarding your example, I never saw a play that made me think Freeney looked like he was running in sand. Honestly, though, I haven't seen a play yet where Clowney looked anywhere near dominating, but it could be the injury or scheme.

Anyway, are there actual highlights that include Khalif Barnes?

- Bob Marley

Quote:Calm down, I'm only posting what I saw. Regarding your example, I never saw a play that made me think Freeney looked like he was running in sand. Honestly, though, I haven't seen a play yet where Clowney looked anywhere near dominating, but it could be the injury or scheme.

Anyway, are there actual highlights that include Khalif Barnes?

I hope not. It was an hyperbole if there ever was one. Blush

Quote:Thanks for the insight, the foot injury explains his sluggishness.

He looks sluggish because he's lazy and has a third-rate motor. Clowney did this stuff last year, too.

Quote:i compared a draft where we needed a qb and a de. the 2008 draft we didnt need a qb early.

Right, so clearly we were better off taking Harvey.  I know I'm glad we did.

As a Celtics fan who watched Ray Allen play in multiple playoff games with bone spurs in both ankles, I really don't care about the excuse.

Bone spurs are one of those things that hurt before and after a game but after you warm up you don't really feel them.

TEST

Quote:As a Celtics fan who watched Ray Allen play in multiple playoff games with bone spurs in both ankles, I really don't care about the excuse.

Bone spurs are one of those things that hurt before and after a game but after you warm up you don't really feel them.

Jaguars

Celtics

West Virginia Mountaineers (I assume you best be a WVU fan because of how much you loved an average QB.)

And you live in Iowa? I understand how much that state sucks at all sports besides college wrestling, but come on, man!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 12:53 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:Right, so clearly we were better off taking Harvey.  I know I'm glad we did.
lol you clearly know nothing about the state of the franchise after the 07 season. read up and youll understand  :thanks:. 

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 12:55 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Jaguars

Celtics

West Virginia Mountaineers (I assume you best be a WVU fan because of how much you loved an average QB.)

And you live in Iowa? I understand how much that state sucks at all sports besides college wrestling, but come on, man!

Don't drag Iowa into your guys' little lovefest you've got going on.

Celtics

I don't see why this is a big deal? 

I'm from Virginia.

NFL: Jaguars

MLB: Phillies

NBA: Bobcats (Used to be the Supersonics before they were the Thunder)

NHL: Penguins

Not a fan of any college teams.

I have reasons for liking each of those teams.  Being a Jaguars living in Michigan, I'd assume you'd understand that.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I don't see why this is a big deal? 

I'm from Virginia.

NFL: Jaguars

MLB: Phillies

NBA: Bobcats (Used to be the Supersonics before they were the Thunder)

NHL: Penguins

Not a fan of any college teams.

I have reasons for liking each of those teams.  Being a Jaguars living in Michigan, I'd assume you'd understand that.

I'm trying to get his college team out of him because he was taking shots at Michigan.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 01:57 PM by vagrantwade.)

Celtics

Are you 10 years old? My college team is the Hawkeyes by virtue of them playing 15 minutes away. But I am not a fan of any college team really. I watch them for NFL draft purposes.

TEST

Quote:Are you 10 years old? My college team is the Hawkeyes by virtue of them playing 15 minutes away. But I am not a fan of any college team really. I watch them for NFL draft purposes.

Lol.. and you call Michigan trash? Michigan >>>>> Iowa and it isn't close. Wow.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 02:08 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:Lol.. and you call Michigan trash? Michigan >>>>> Iowa and it isn't close. Wow.

Yes. Iowa is hot garbage. Unlike you I am a grown man who doesn't get stalker-obsessed butthurt when someone says my team is bad.

TEST

Quote:Yes. Iowa is hot garbage. Unlike you I am a grown man who doesn't get stalker-obsessed butthurt when someone says my team is bad.

That whole state is a sports joke.

Quote:That whole state is a sports joke.

You're trying to troll by making fun of Iowa college sports, after I said I am not really a fan of any college teams.

Lol.

TEST

On a side note, that last play by Gabbert is why I'd really like to see Bridgewater in teal. There was a huge pocket to step into and make a throw, but Gabbert runs to the sideline and throws the ball away.

It's bad when you wish you were as good as the Cleveland Browns

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.