Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Boom. Nailed it. The mediocrity from this fan base is crazy. We dont wanna just make the playoffs.

Giants fans could have said the same thing about Coughlin. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From a trusted source...

@superfan32 Jaguars re-sign Gus Bradley as HC. 7yr deal worth $30m.

Have you seen my baseball?

“I think he’s got a better chance than people think.” - Oehser on Marrone

Good god.

Quote:“I think he’s got a better chance than people think.” - Oehser on Marrone

Good god.
Oesher is an idiot.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 12:52 PM by BklynJag.)

“Smith, Marrone, Shanahan…” - Oehser

Didn’t even mention McDaniels. In that order according to him.

Quote:“I think he’s got a better chance than people think.” - Oehser on Marrone

It wouldn't be surprising on this end if Doug Marrone is # 2 or # 3 in terms of the likely next Jaguars HC.   Marrone has winning NFL HC experience and familiarity with the key decision makers and support staff in the Jaguars upper levels of the organization.    Mike Smith probably is the favorite.   But after Smith,   right now I give Marrone as much chance as anyone to land the job.

Quote:Oesher is an idiot.
Yeah, no idea why you really care what he says regarding who will be hired. It's one thing to listen to him just talk about the org., but if you actually want to know who we're hiring you don't go looking at him.

Jason La Canfora (who is faulty but I'd take MUCH more serious than Oesher) just said the search firm we hired is sky high on Kyle Shanahan and is the favorite for the HC opening. McDaneils #2, as he thinks we go offensive mind.

Seriously, when has John Oesher ever been right/know things when it comes to hiring someone/picking someone in the draft? He isn't a good source for things like that at all.

Quote:Yeah, no idea why you really care what he says regarding who will be hired. It's one thing to listen to him just talk about the org., but if you actually want to know who we're hiring you don't go looking at him.

Jason La Canfora (who is faulty but I'd take MUCH more serious than Oesher) just said the search firm we hired is sky high on Kyle Shanahan and is the favorite for the HC opening. McDaneils #2, as he thinks we go offensive mind.
Oesher has no originial thoughts. He just says things that management wants him to say.

He continues to say that coaching doesn't matter has much as people think which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quote:Seriously, when has John Oesher ever been right/know things when it comes to hiring someone/picking someone in the draft? He isn't a good source for things like that at all.
Oesher: "The Jags aren't going to make an in-season coaching change. Khan just doesn't believe in it." Jags fire Bradley.

Quote:So did Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan

66-46 coaching record. Can Sanchez and Ryan say the same?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Oesher has no originial thoughts. He just says things that management wants him to say.

He continues to say that coaching doesn't matter has much as people think which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Do you get the feeling that Oesher has the same Ham and Cheese sandwich with mustard every day for lunch? Probably comes by the water cooler and finds the nearest person and says something about the weather and every Wednesday mentions how it's hump day. I stopped reading anything with his name attached. If I wanted to listen to a talking head spit out banalities and cliches, I'd watch ESPN, at least they have better graphics

Smith isn't even my top choice, (rooting for Shanahan), but so far no one has been able to present a comprehensive argument on why Smith would be a bad hire besides personal preference.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Smith isn't even my top choice, (rooting for Shanahan), but so far no one has been able to present a comprehensive argument on why Smith would be a bad hire besides personal preference.

Yup. I'm on the McDaniels wagon, but there's no reason why someone can argue Smith is a bad coach. The only argument is he hasn't won a SB, and besides Tom, neither have any of the other candidates.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Smith isn't even my top choice, (rooting for Shanahan), but so far no one has been able to present a comprehensive argument on why Smith would be a bad hire besides personal preference.

Whether it's fair or not,   in using a baseball analogy,   many people would consider Mike Smith being hired again as an NFL HC as a ground rule double.   Those people are looking for a Home Run deep well beyond the outfield wall.

Quote: Whether it's fair or not, in using a baseball analogy, many people would consider Mike Smith being hired again as an NFL HC as a ground rule double. Those people are looking for a Home Run deep well beyond the outfield wall.

You could say the same thing about Del Rio before Oakland hired him.

Quote: Whether it's fair or not, in using a baseball analogy, many people would consider Mike Smith being hired again as an NFL HC as a ground rule double. Those people are looking for a Home Run deep well beyond the outfield wall.

True. But he's the only proven choice that's been considered (besides Coughlin). Everyone else is either a previous failure or an unknown gamble. This team may not be able to afford another hit and miss on the next head coach.

Quote:  Whether it's fair or not,   in using a baseball analogy,   many people would consider Mike Smith being hired again as an NFL HC as a ground rule double.   Those people are looking for a Home Run deep well beyond the outfield wall.
So, like I said before, McDaniels is a home-run hire who bombed ins his first gig and was chased out of town by fans/players with a 32nd ranked offense in STL in that one year outside of NE too?

If hiring the 2nd fastest coach to 60 wins who had 4-5 playoff appearances in his 7 years while turning around a bad organization quickly into relevancy is a ground rule double but McDaniels is a HR, I'm lost.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 01:28 PM by TheAll22.)

Quote:66-46 coaching record. Can Sanchez and Ryan say the same?

Yes they can, they won more playoff games if you want to go down that road, which you aren't ready for. 

Rex Ryan 4-2 Playoffs

Mike Smith 1-4 Playoff

Mike Smith fanatics have 1 stat, which is a quality regular season record. Good for you, read my posts and see what I said about Smith. We have established that Mike Smith had a good regular season win record in seven years as HC in Atlanta. Nobody disagrees he had a nice record. Smith was 10-22 his last two seasons and he was not lacking in talent. His teams were not good enough. 

edit: for the lazy reader who needs to pit people into camps, I said before that Mike Smith is not a bad option.