Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Albert Breer is suggesting that Mike  Smith is the front runner for the Chargers. 

Again, dont count Coughlin out for Jags. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How did Alfie gain so much notoriety? 

don't.  throw,,,,stones.  in, glass. houses!

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:How did Alfie gain so much notoriety? 

He just told the Mascot to F off on twitter, total meltdown. 

Quote:He just told the Mascot to F off on twitter, total meltdown. 
What is his handle?

Quote:What is his handle?
just type in alfiebcc i think

Quote:Well he is wrong Marrone gave the bills there first winning season in 10 years there.  And came here and shutdown a division rival bound for playoffs team and continued that against another division rival.  For the first half.  So he has produced twice as a HC.  But lets ignore that.  For a guy who had stacked teams. 

And if Smith comes here and doesnt have success and marrone does elsewhere.  Khan looks like a fool.  Highly doubt Khan let that happen.  

I think he is wrong about Marrone, but I do not think a shrewd business man like Khan would set himself up for the fate of the franchise to ruin his resume. 

If Marrone goes elsewhere and has success thats ok, as long as the front office makes a logical and reasonable choice as our coach. If we make another Bradley-esque hire, then the ramifications could be more severe. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Albert Breer thinks Mike Smith lands with Chargers. 

Quote:Albert Breer is suggesting that Mike  Smith is the front runner for the Chargers. 

If Albert Greer is correct  (  John Clayton said on San DIego radio station 1090 AM yesterday he thinks Mike Smith will be the next Jaguars HC ) ,  the question becomes will the Jaguars make Mike Smith an offer even though they haven't finished interviewing their list of candidates?

Quote:Albert Breer is suggesting that Mike  Smith is the front runner for the Chargers. 

If Mike Smith is the guy we want and we lose him, I sure hope we go back to Coughlin over the other guys

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:  If Albert Greer is correct  (  John Clayton said on San DIego radio station 1090 AM yesterday he thinks Mike Smith will be the next Jaguars HC ) ,  the question becomes will the Jaguars make Mike Smith an offer even though they haven't finished interviewing their list of candidates?
I think the Jags are playing games right now. I honestly have zero idea that I can back up with facts that suggest the Jags want this or that candidate. Ill just say this, dont count out Tom Coughlin. 

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 03:25 PM by DragonFury.)

[Mike Smith] had a very good stint in Atlanta until Dmitroff gave up the Farm for Julio Jones and their defense got old quick.

He can be both a tough coach and a players coach. Guys respond to him.

I think he can improve the defense even more than it is now.

Thoughts on Smitty?

Edited because merged. -DF-

Wow so we could potentially miss out on Smith, Shanahan, and McDaniels??? Uh oh

Quote:If Mike Smith is the guy we want and we lose him, I sure hope we go back to Coughlin over the other guys

Wow, so in the midst of all this, the most likely candidate to bring this franchise back to relevance has all of a sudden become chopped liver?

Quote:He had a very good stint in Atlanta until Dmitroff gave up the Farm for Julio Jones and their defense got old quick.
I'm getting 2008 flashbacks. Except with us we gave up the farm for two defensive players that sucked. And then our defense got old quick.

Quote:He just told the Mascot to F off on twitter, total meltdown. 

Would anyone be interested in a Sideline forum topic about Alfie's meltdowns and everything he has been wrong about?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Wow so we could potentially miss out on Smith, Shanahan, and McDaniels??? Uh oh
Hahaha

That just dawned on you? We have the possibility of missing out on a lot of coaches. We also have the possibility to bring in anyone.

No one knows anything right now.

Think about it. If your an up and coming coordinator, do you really want to take over a team that went 3-13, 15-48 over a 4 year span and retained the GM who will most likely be fired if the team doesnt have a quick turn around next season? which will most likely put your job on the line in a season. 

Think about it. 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlfieBCC'>@AlfieBCC</a> You deserve no explanation for anything. You are not part of the Jags franchise. Just like we are not part of the Fm Radio. He hates me.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Where is albert breer saying this about Smith? He say anything about JAX?

There is so much being spewed right now guys. Idk if we should take anything seriously.