Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:I don't blame David for being commited to Blake, given the fact that he invested the 3rd overall pick in him just 3 years ago. The question I have is his commitment to Bortles the right thing for this franchise? It's not just about Blake and David Caldwell, again we don't know if this report is true but if it is, the scaring off of potential coaches due to their concerns of Blake isn't fair this franchise or its fan base. The Jaguars need an objective unbiased source to evaluate this roster and ESPECIALLY the QB position.

I agree with you.

My thing is though, who is better? QB class is poor at the top. FA is headed by Mike Glennon. Pats want a 1st and more for Garrapollo who is a question mark, etc.

If bortles sucks, we wont be committed to him in 2018. Doubt we pick up his option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we did not give up that big lead against the Clots I'm sure Marrone would've been regarded more highly on the board, sucks what that loss did to the perception of him on here.

I personally want the players to have a whole new coaching regime, I don't want any old Gus Bradley nuances lingering in the locker room, and with keeping some of the same coaches I feel that those nuances will remain.

But this is all based on conjecture, I'm assuming Marrone would retain Hackett and Walsh

Quote:well, I don't think his 2015 was that good to be honest with you. He will lose a few games for you that you should win with his inopportune turnovers.

his numbers in 2015 looked good - but his 1st half performance digs us a hole almost always. I want to see his numbers in the 1st half vs 2nd half (when we are already down).

I think even with the 2015 Bortles - this team that just went 3-13 maybe goes 6-10 and we're still nowhere close. He's not the guy.

He was a 2nd year qb. He had no run game and got sacked over 50 times. Our defense was bottom 5 forcing a 2nd year QB to throw and throw and throw to keep us in games.

Thatd a recipe for turnovers.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 04:35 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Rumor-mill herp-derp.

Caldwell came right out in his presser and said the next coach would have input on who starts at QB.

I call "male-cow-dung" on that one.

I never said it was true, just posting what I saw, it's a message board. Also, to think that Caldwell is being completely upfront and honest in his "public" press conference on mandates etc.. is naive, this is now the 2nd source that has reported Caldwells commitment to Bortles, with Chris Morteson being the first.

Quote:I never said it was true, just posting what I saw, it's a message board.
Yes. Understood. Wasn't trying to kill the messenger. 

Quote:He isnt great no, but hes better than last year and they won 10 games with him behind center.

Not even all 10 but close to it though. And if you watch any of those games it was because he didn't turn the ball over in those games. If you look at the 5 games they lost with him under center he had a stupid amount of turnovers because he cant hold onto the ball without fumbling 

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:He was a 2nd year qb. He had no run game and got sacked over 50 times. Our defense was bottom 5 forcing a 2nd year QB to throw and throw and throw to keep us in games.

Thatd a recipe for turnovers.

well, you were the one citing 2015 as an example.  I'll be happy to look at 2016 if you wish...

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Me too, Chris Morteson reported last week that it's "common knowledge" around the league that David Caldwell is committed to Blake Bortles

But what was his press conference then did he not say the next coach doesn't have to start Bortles, so is Caldwell trying to find the right coach or the coach with the same opinion of Bortles?

No Fun

Quote:Why wouldnt they be? Bring in competition but hes our best chance to win. If we do poorly next year hes gone for sure and the HC can get his own guy.

I think its [BAD WORD REMOVED]. No way any HC loves one of these prospects or Brian Hoyer or Mike Glennon over him.

Yeah true those FA qb's are not very good.

No Fun

[quote name="nhiverson" post="938029" timestamp="1483735087"]

But what was his press conference then did he not say the next coach doesn't have to start Bortles, so is Caldwell trying to find the right coach or the coach with the same opinion of Bortles?[/quote

I personally think they'd like to find a coach who believes Bortles is savageble, which is fine and understanding. If that's the case I just hope they're not making mandates in regards to the sentiment.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 05:02 PM by nhiverson.)

Quote:[quote name="nhiverson" post="938029" timestamp="1483735087"]

But what was his press conference then did he not say the next coach doesn't have to start Bortles, so is Caldwell trying to find the right coach or the coach with the same opinion of Bortles?[/quote

I personally think they'd like to find a coach who believes Bortles is savageble, which is fine and understanding. If that's the case I just hope they're not making mandates in regards to the sentiment.

For sure a coach that pitches a plan to fix him is fine, but also needs to have a backup plan.

Also if two coaches not being sold on Bortles is true it has to be someone we have talked to already right so Coughlin is one because that was tweeted by Jay Glazer early on. So its probably not Shanahan or McDaniels.

No Fun

Quote:well, you were the one citing 2015 as an example. I'll be happy to look at 2016 if you wish...

Yes, and in 2015 he did do very well even with those things against him. So what if he had some bad turnovers? Most qbs do. Hes not perfect, but he sure looked like a franchise qb. We had Bortles vs Carr arguments prior to this year.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/817463102471958528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw'>https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/817463102471958528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw</a>

Per Jason Colle, the Jaguars "commitment" to Blake Bortles has caused concerns for 2 prospective coaches.

Hahahahaha, pathetic. That explains why we will settle for Marrone.

Quote:Yes, and in 2015 he did do very well even with those things against him. So what if he had some bad turnovers? Most qbs do. Hes not perfect, but he sure looked like a franchise qb. We had Bortles vs Carr arguments prior to this year.

we can agree to disagree.  Even in 2015 he was very turnover prone and very inaccurate.  We always started the games off slow.  

We needed blake to take a step forward from his 2015 performance - yet he took a major step back.  Even if he returns to his 2015 form, it's not nearly enough IMO.  

I believe a new coach needs to draft a QB and possibly sign a veteran and have an open competition.  

I believe 2017 will be the last year Blake is a starting QB for the Jaguars because there frankly isn't much out there (unless we draft a QB high which I don't think Dave will do).

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Ive watched Rivers, Stafford and plenty of other top qbs make throws just like Bortles has. Bad interceptions happen. To act like he has no chance because of it is hilarious. Thats what guys who believe in their ability do. Force things at times whilr making damn good throws at others. Hes a gunslinger.

If hes like 2015, we'll be just fine. If his mechanics dont improve and hes like 2016 next year, get rid of him. Its simple.

Quote:Hahahahaha, pathetic. That explains why we will settle for Marrone.

Looks like the Saints must be stupid too.  They'd settle for Marrone.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Looks like the <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saints-would-consider-doug-marrone-to-replace-sean-payton-if-trade-is-made/'>Saints </a>must be stupid too. They'd settle for Marrone.

They are keeping Payton.

@nfltrade_rumors Report: One Team Believes Josh McDaniels Could Pursue Trade For Jimmy Garoppolo Upon Taking HC Job https://t.co/6csnVeoGJ0 #NFL https://t.co/66OQy4Oawu

Wish we would do this.

Quote:They are keeping Payton.

There were tons of reports that they coveted Marrone if they moved Payton.

Quote:Looks like the <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saints-would-consider-doug-marrone-to-replace-sean-payton-if-trade-is-made/'>Saints </a>must be stupid too. They'd settle for Marrone.

Article is a week old dude.