Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

I expect if that goes according to everyone's expectation, things will start picking up Tuesday night to Wednesday

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't get Denver's attraction to Joseph. The fins were 15th against the pass and 30th against the run. If you're making a jump from coordinator to HC the stats on your side of the ball need to be at/near the top of the league.
The context of these numbers is pretty important as well given the lack of talent on miamis defense.

Quote:Coach

Don't leave us hanging?!?!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ZigFracassi'>Zig Fracassi ‏@ZigFracassi </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ZigFracassi/status/818289711454318592' title="9:54 PM - 8 Jan 2017">7m7 minutes ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Mark Dominik: No other coaching interviews for the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png]. They've honed in on their guy, w/a defensive background.

Mike Smith was the only defensive coach we interviewed, correct?

While Dominik would probably have some insight due to his past with Caldwell, who's this Zig guy?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 11:06 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:While Dominik would probably have some insight due to his past with Caldwell, who's this Zig guy?

He's a co-host on some Sirius NFL show. I'm guessing Dominik said that on his show.

Edit: Dominik was in the Tampa Bay organization since the 90s, so I don't think he has any past relationship with Dave. Though perhaps he still has some connections in Tampa and they're aware Mike Smith is moving on.

As tight lipped as Khan's Jaguars tend to be I have to wonder where these guys are getting their info.

'02

Mike Smith.

If its indeed him, very gold hire. Gotta imagine we have a shot at Mike McCoy.

Quote:He's a co-host on some Sirius NFL show. I'm guessing Dominik said that on his show.

Edit: Dominik was in the Tampa Bay organization since the 90s, so I don't think he has any past relationship with Dave. Though perhaps he still has some connections in Tampa and they're aware Mike Smith is moving on.

My bad, I was thinking Dimitroff in ATL
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If true, Smith is the only defensive guy we interviewed, which is cool with me. Especially if he can bring in McCoy as OC
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I was looking forward to Shanahan but I'm not mad at Smith. My prediction months ago was right.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Mike Smith.

If its indeed him, very gold hire. Gotta imagine we have a shot at Mike McCoy.

If this is true, we need Mccoy.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 11:12 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:As tight lipped as Khan's Jaguars tend to be I have to wonder where these guys are getting their info.

The only thing I could think about Dominik having inside info is that he still has connections in Tampa Bay. Since Mike Smith works there, perhaps he and/or Jacksonville has let them know that he's going get the job.

Quote:If this is true, we need Mccoy.

Yeah, hes #1 for me as OC.

If we get this done in next couple days we're going to build the staff mike smith wants with so many openings. Im excited.

Quote:The only thing I could think about Dominik having inside info is that he still has connections in Tampa Bay. Since Mike Smith works there, perhaps he and/or Jacksonville has let them know that he's going get the job.

This.

Im sure if Mike Smith is our guy he knows it. Im sure hes told people in TB.

Let's just remember this is still speculation at this point. It makes sense to be Smith, but could just be hot air.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mike Smith time maybe?

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Dominik has been a NFL scout for 20+years and was the Bucs GM from 2009-2013. Id take his word over any of the network talking heads, but we'll see.

Ok, it's time to re-organize the candidates list...

1. Mike Smith

2. Kyle Shannahan

3. <strong>Doug Marrone
    </strong>
  4. Josh McDaniels

5. Harold Goodwyn

6. Anthony Lynn

7. Todd Haley

8. Jim Bob Cooter

9. Vance Joseph

10. Teryl Austin

'02