Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone new HC

To hire an outside firm to run the interview process, only to hire the coach you had already staffed is buffoonery. I have lost all faith in the front office of this organization. This should have been done week 2 or 3; hell even week 11 or 12. We either have the most idiotic front office or we couldn't get anyone to bite on our offers. Which with what happened with Gus, I won't throw it completely out......
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Obviously ONE person wanted the job, which completely invalidates your argument.

But to expand upon it, I'm sure the Jags could have had their choice of several candidates.
Wheres your proof. They hired the interim coach on 14-48's staff because they couldn't get any of those coordinators to really commit to us. Think about it, you really want to work for a GM who's likely to get fired next season? Which means your job is on the line too? 

Quote:I agree and I think he really needs to bring in a top quality DC.

The whole hiring process was a joke, Hackett will be surely staying, I hope they know you can't go onto the new season with the same staff but Gus. Wash has to go and they need a quality hire there.

They won't fire the sixth ranked defense's coordinator.

Were stuck with the same staff.

Quote:To hire an outside firm to run the interview process, only to hire the coach you had already staffed is buffoonery. I have lost all faith in the front office of this organization. This should have been done week 2 or 3; hell even week 11 or 12. We either have the most idiotic front office or we couldn't get anyone to bite on our offers. Which with what happened with Gus, I won't throw it completely out......

LIke giving Gus an extension through 2017 after last season

Im officially off the Caldwell bandwagon. Not only is this season going to be a wash, but I'm already preparing myself for next season where a new GM and Head Coach is brought in.  

The hire doesn't bother me as much as them not firing Bradley earlier and giving Marrone more time to show what he had. Because of that, it all looks ridiculous. 

At this point we can all hate or love the hire but it wont matter until the end of the next season

I'm kind of numb to the whole situation now

Quote:Im officially off the Caldwell bandwagon. Not only is this season going to be a wash, but I'm already preparing myself for next season where a new GM and Head Coach is brought in.  

Been off for a couple years now. The whole "I'm young and smarter than everybody in the room" thing doesn't work.

Has there been an official announcement yet?   Yesterday we were hiring Mike Smith, today its Marrone, maybe we should wait for the announcement before heading to the Wells Fargo Building?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 05:10 PM by MojoKing.)

WOAH!!! This is interesting... who does he keep on the staff??

Honestly not excited about this but I AM willing to give him a chance.

I'm guessing we'll retain Hackett

Btw I like this move over hiring Smith.

Was much in favor of Shanahan

Quote:Been off for a couple years now. The whole "I'm young and smarter than everybody in the room" thing doesn't work.
I need a shot, I just cant believe we actually hired Gus Bradleys coordinator but also hired a search firm to do it. 

I love the hire. Love it! Makes sense to me.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Quote:Lamar Jackson in 2018.
No. Sam Darnold. Jackson is not an NFL QB.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

its not official. 

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Im officially off the Caldwell bandwagon. Not only is this season going to be a wash, but I'm already preparing myself for next season where a new GM and Head Coach is brought in.
You're just now off of it.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Wheres your proof. They hired the interim coach on 14-48's staff because they couldn't get any of those coordinators to really commit to us. Think about it, you really want to work for a GM who's likely to get fired next season? Which means your job is on the line too? 

You are making a ridiculous assumption and then asking for proof that it's false?? 

Really? 

There are 32 HC jobs at the highest level of football. 

There are absolutely more candidates than just Doug Marrone coveting that opening. 

Kind of underwhelming. Not that I'm 100% against Marrone, but I feel like the Jags hyped this up big time. Fired Gus early to get a head start. Hired a consulting/search firm. Dave saying the search would be very broad. We were hearing so many big names tied to us. Many people were picking us to be the best place for a coach to come.

In the end we promoted our oline coach. Just doesn't bring excitement to me and I think that's what the Jags fan base needs.

Willing to give him a chance. Liked him over Smith. But worried about the offense still

One and done another wasted
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]