Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:I'm watching Mad Max: Fury Road. Talk about a movie not letting up.

No Mel? No thanks..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is your first time watching it? 

Yeah, it's pretty much non-stop.
I suppose it's part of the post-apocalyptic theme; the dystopian world in the movie doesn't let up, so the movie doesn't either. 

I was at a complete loss this morning on my drive in to work.  The sign on 295 that usually tells me "Caution.  Stop and Go Traffic", while I'm sitting in stop and go traffic, wasn't illuminated.  It didn't know what was happening.  Fortunately, I still made it to work.  

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I wish we had fog days in SE Georgia...much like snow days in the North.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I wish we had fog days in SE Georgia...much like snow days in the North.

I wish we had I don't feel like working so I'm not going in days.

I had one of those days yesterday.

Quote:I meandered into the Political forum for some unknown reason. I need to stop doing that.  Now my brain hurts.  

I usually have a few drinks before I head in, that helps me to overcome my natural introversion and quiet level headedness.

Then I have several more when I'm done while remembering why I'm an introvert. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Y'all got anything to eat around here?  I'm famished.

Rice cakes.

Yuck...I need real food.  Like beer.

I got Jujyfruits, smoked salmon dip, a johnsonville beef n chedder and a 12 of Diet Coke.

Anybody bring a blender?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm down with that...minus the diet coke of course.

Quote:I got Jujyfruits, smoked salmon dip, a johnsonville beef n chedder and a 12 of Diet Coke.

Anybody bring a blender?

They still make Jujyfruits?

Whatever, I much prefer a box of Dots anyway.

Those stick to my back teeth.

It just lets you enjoy them longer.

I'm a goobers or rasinettes guy. 

Oh my...those are disgusting.

Quote:Oh my...those are disgusting.
I mean -- if we're talking about candy that comes in a little box at the movie theater  -- the vast majority of it is horrible. 

Quote:I mean -- if we're talking about candy that comes in a little box at the movie theater  -- the vast majority of it is horrible. 

What is this movie theater thing to which you refer?

Quote:What is this movie theater thing to which you refer?
I discovered that the one near me has recliners, reserved seating, and beer.  So..... it's a thing again.