Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:I hate it when I come in in the mornings and there's a line of people outside my office waiting on me...I'm like "relax for just a few minutes and let me get some coffee in my system."
[Image: counting-440.jpg]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hate it when I come in in the mornings and there's a line of people outside my office waiting on me...I'm like "relax for just a few minutes and let me get some coffee in my system."

Considering you arrive at 11:30 might have something to do with it.

So the wife and kids are away and I get a me day. Should I go see John Wick 2 or Fist Fight?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:So the wife and kids are away and I get a me day. Should I go see John Wick 2 or Fist Fight?

Bubble bath and a pedicure.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Bubble bath and a pedicure.

heading to chili's then off to see a movie I just don't know which one yet. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

My relationship with the drink is at its lowest point. Bad times

Quote:My relationship with the drink is at its lowest point. Bad times

Have a drink for old times sake :yes:

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Have a drink for old times sake :yes:

A single drink is all good...its the extra ones that are the problem.

Haig Club Clubman - delicious on the rocks.

That is all.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Shock the monkey to life
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:A single drink is all good...its the extra ones that are the problem.

Perhaps it's time to seek help?

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 08:21 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Perhaps it's time to seek help?

Ah all will be well. Just seem to black out a lot more lately, even though I'm not really drinking anymore than usual.

Quote:Ah all will be well. Just seem to black out a lot more lately, even though I'm not really drinking anymore than usual.

Might be time to cut back on the usual amount. 

Quote:Might be time to cut back on the usual amount.

Yeah I'm going on a spirits ban for a few weeks and see how that goes.

I'm listening to an HR asking a dishwasher how he wants to develop as a person. HE'S THE BLOODY DISHWASHER! Not to belittle his job but what development would be needed for a dishwasher? If he washes the dishes and is on time he's doing his job well.

Quote:I'm listening to an HR asking a dishwasher how he wants to develop as a person. HE'S THE BLOODY DISHWASHER! Not to belittle his job but what development would be needed for a dishwasher? If he washes the dishes and is on time he's doing his job well.

Personal development and professional development aren't the same thing. How do you Dutch people survive in this world? Someone PROBABLY had to invent laceless shoes to counter your stuggles in tying them!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thank goodness that stupid ole three-day weekend is over and I get to come back to work.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm listening to an HR asking a dishwasher how he wants to develop as a person. HE'S THE BLOODY DISHWASHER! Not to belittle his job but what development would be needed for a dishwasher? If he washes the dishes and is on time he's doing his job well.

Maybe he wants to develop himself up to fries or maybe up to full time cook, or maybe even develop himself all the way up to waiter.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I went to a Shell gas station the other day to get some gas. I pull up to the pump, get ready to swipe my card and the gas pump reads "begin fueling". Yep, I hadn't even swiped my card yet and the pump read "begin fueling". I thought, NO way, what is this, hmmmm. I thought maybe this was one of those hidden camera things.  I went and started pumping gas just to see if it would work, and it started pumping gas right onto my truck. $5, $10, $15, $19.75 and it started slowing down. At $20 it read limit reached and stopped pumping. Basically I pumped $20 worth of gas into my truck and hadn't paid for it yet. I ask you this:

What should I have done?

How the heck did $20 worth of gas get prepaid on that pump and not used? It was a big shell station with a lot of pumps, but still, how could that happen?

btw, there was no hidden camera anywhere that appeared afterwards.

What would you do if that happened to you?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I went to a Shell gas station the other day to get some gas. I pull up to the pump, get ready to swipe my card and the gas pump reads "begin fueling". Yep, I hadn't even swiped my card yet and the pump read "begin fueling". I thought, NO way, what is this, hmmmm. I thought maybe this was one of those hidden camera things. I went and started pumping gas just to see if it would work, and it started pumping gas right onto my truck. $5, $10, $15, $19.75 and it started slowing down. At $20 it read limit reached and stopped pumping. Basically I pumped $20 worth of gas into my truck and hadn't paid for it yet. I ask you this:

What should I have done?

How the heck did $20 worth of gas get prepaid on that pump and not used? It was a big shell station with a lot of pumps, but still, how could that happen?

btw, there was no hidden camera anywhere that appeared afterwards.

What would you do if that happened to you?

It's possible the attendant accidentally authorized $20 to the wrong pump. Or someone swiped their card and didn't cancel out for some reason. Regardless, someone else paid for that gas and was not happy about it. I would have walked inside and asked.