Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anthony Davis not playing this season

Quote:It's the Fukushima Effect. The left coast is getting bathed in isotopes.

Eh. The Seahawks seem to be doing alright.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Eh. The Seahawks seem to be doing alright.

Except for the early signs of Alzheimer's by whoever called that play.

Their starting QB has regressed as well. I can see the 49ers having a top 10 pick .
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

The 49ers had a bad habit of drafting guys that do not love football.

;

;

In the first 49 seasons of the Super Bowl era,  no team has played in a Super Bowl in the stadium that they play their home games in.   That streak will very likely reach 50 seasons.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Their starting QB has regressed as well. I can see the 49ers having a top 10 pick .

The division the 49ers play in will likely result in them winning 2 or less divisional games this season.  With 0 or 1 divisional wins a very realistic possibility.   If that happens,  the chances of a top 10 pick significantly increases.  If I was making predictions for the season today,  I would pick the 49ers ending up with a top 10 pick.

Quote:I somewhat agree, but I think it has more to do with these players seeing the writing on the wall that they are no longer Super Bowl contenders. Letting go of a very good head coach who had once led the team to three straight conference championships and a Super Bowl appearance for a position coach signals a change in direction/expectations. Would Willis and Smith have retired if they truly believed they had a good chance to win it all? I don't think so.

In addition to what you mentioned,  I'm wondering how much the chain reaction of retirements wouldn't have happened if the 49ers hired highly successful Defensive Coordinator Vic Fangio as their new Head Coach?   The fact that both Jim Harbaugh and Vic Fangio are gone signifies major change on both sides of the ball.